Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Verbatim 4.7GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc AZO DVD-R 50-Disc Spindle 95101
Size: 50-Disc|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 15, 2017
I bought these to burn DVD's from my older computer using windows Vista. So i guess the burner in that computer may be 8 years old or so? These DVD's would not work. Got an error message that the media I'm using is not compatible with the speed of the burner. That it may be faster or slower. Bottom line they didn't work and had to send them back. Sony DVD's work fine. I was trying to burn at 16X speed when the burn fails happened. I then tried it at 8X speed and still failed. May be great for newer burners, I don't know.
on August 13, 2016
I am very happy with my purchase. The package came in very good condition. Delivery time fast very fast. And the disks are just like expected. very good product. Has good storage. And the speeds are very decent aswell. I have used those discs to create windows installation media, Ubuntu installation disc, and even use them as live operating systems. They work very well for pretty much everything you would need disks for. I work as a computer technician, and they helped me a lot.
Very happy with my purchase. Thanks.
Will be buying again. And recommend it to anyone who works lots with computers.
on September 13, 2014
These are my favorite DVD-Rs and produce highly quality recordings, with no dropouts or defects. I am comforted by the AZO dye claims which allege some measure of long term stability of the recordings. Having made several thousand discs I find that Verbatim is a solid brand, although some prefer the +R for more robust error correction, my equipment prefers the -R discs and has less problems reading and burning them. I place Verbatim in the top tier of recordable DVD products, with my experience indicating that Taiyo Yuden discs from Japan being slightly superior in quality, and of course at a higher cost.
To take proper care of your recorded discs shield them from excessive temperature and humidity. Store them in cases that do not place excessive weight or bending of the discs which causes pressure to potentially separate the layers of the discs. Enjoy !
on March 7, 2013
This product arrived very, very quickly - quicker than I even imagined it would. Also, I bought this product to create a system image disc and a repair disc. The CD-R's did not work with my Dell Touch Screen. So, after purchasing this product and finding out that it needed 16 discs in order to copy just a system image disc - it turns out that only one out of 50 was bad. The computer realized it and told me, and I just grabbed another. These products are man made, so there was no anger there, with one disc out of 50 flawed - it happens. This product does what it is supposed to do. I do not tape videos or take pictures - so, I am not a reviewer who can tell you about the quality of those things, once you download them onto this DVD-R. Since I am not able to copy a movie any longer, since the days of digital copies....I will not be able to tell you about the quality of HD movies on this product either. But if you are a simple consumer, who enjoys things, but does not require a whole lot of fan fare and fluff...then this is a wonderful product and perfect (at least for a Dell), to burn a system image and repair disc. If you have a 500 GB computer - know that you W-I-L-L need 16 of them - therefore, you will be burning all day long....literally! But rest in the fact that this product can handle it very nicely!

Chao!
on January 7, 2014
Simply I use these for backing up data, and usually I pick up a spindle from Costco, but the price for this was great. Amazon was out of stock and I really didn't mind as I had plenty on hand, but within 2-3 days I received an email update and then within another day it shipped. Next thing I know it is sitting on my front porch on a Sunday afternoon, yes Sunday.

As far as the discs themselves... they are in my book as good as most other brands I have used. They look like a DVD (duh--- I had to say that), they work fine, and in the end as long as they do the job--- that is all that I can ask for.

I did get the "frustration free packaging" and overall it was fine. For me it is not a big deal as most items that I get for work have to be packed to the hilt--- so with this the spindle was in a specifically manufactured holder in a standard box--- cut the tape on the top, pop out a single piece of cardboard and voila! it is in your hands ready to go. Definitely stands up to its promise.
on March 24, 2014
I have used these discs for years and have always loved them but this time they are all skipping on my home movies or plain not playing at all! JUNK! I am so frustrated I have well over half left but I have had to throw away 6 discs for every 1 that will half way work so the rest of them will probably just go in the trash I will NOT buy again!!!
on March 18, 2015
I made the mistake of using other DVDs for replicating my movies to play on my Bose Lifestyle entertainment center, but they would work for a while then freeze up. I found out that Bose requires the -R, at least on my unit. Plus I found out that a lot of other DVDs aren't good for archiving or video masters because of data loss after around 3 years. I made the purchase of the Verbatim because I found out that where they are made (India, UAE, Singapore, Taiwan) and the coating used on the surface makes all the difference, but make sure they say AZO (which stands for the recording layer on the disc) on the wrapper label like the ones shown here. These will stand the test of time. I have ripped at least 50 so far and all run flawlessly.
on June 10, 2017
I have used Verbatim DVD-R discs in the past and had no problems. I was able to record on them using my TV dvd player and play them back on my computer dvd drive. But I ordered these Verbatim discs recently from Amazon and they would not play back on my computer dvd drive. The computer dvd drive can't read them and spits them out. As a test, to make sure it was not a problem with the computer dvd drive, I recorded on a Verbatim DVD-R disc that I had purchased in the past and it played back perfectly on my computer. I wish that I had checked the reviews before I ordered them because I see that other people had the same problem. It is too bad because Verbatim discs used to be a good product. I am returning these for a refund.
on September 15, 2015
I have had nothing but issues with this particular brand of DVD-R. My home computer fails to see the disk after I have burned it. Any other brand of DVD-R and that is NOT an issue. Secondly, my Blu-Ray player also fails to see them saying "corrupt file error" when the same files burned with same program on same machine and viewed on same player does not give me that error. Oh well. It was worth a shot.
on February 15, 2014
I burn a lot of DVD's. I usually buy Verbatim 95037. I noticed these Verbatim 95101's were quite a bit cheaper. They had a good rating on disc sites that track media, so why not. 10 coasters in the first 30 burns is why not. The message from the software is "Power Calibration Area Is Full" which in code writer language means this disc is cheap trash. I tried cutting the write speed as low as 4x without success.

Pay a few bucks more and buy the 95037's.