Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: 50-Disc Spindle|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,810 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,063 reviews
on January 15, 2015
The Verbatim name was one that you could always count on in the past for good quality discs. I cannot say that anymore, in fact my advice would be to run as fast as you can from these. I ordered these and received them yesterday all set for a couple hours of recording onto them, first one on the stack failed to format. I had read previous comments stating that very fact - how too many are coasters anymore. But there were so many recent positive reviews that I took my chance with these. I truly regret that decision now. Obviously someone is being paid to give this junk a positive review. So to sum up a long story I choose a disc from the center of the stack, same deal, would not format. So far I have 8 new coasters and one successful burn. I would love to return these to Amazon for a refund, as the fail to success ratio is very lopsided. I notice that these were made in Taiwan, not Japan like they previously were. I will never ever waste my money or time on this brand again. Run away from these – believe me before you too are disappointed and stuck with some expensive coasters.
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
When I first began copying onto blank dvd media, I did research online to see what the overall consensus for the best general purpose brands to use waw... Everyone seemed to concur that Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim were the ones to stick with as they gave they best results with minimal errors.

Well, that was about five years ago. Since then, I've noticed a lot of complaints from people who bought newer packs of Verbatims and had multiple problems with them. The one reoccurring fact seemed to be that due to their popularity, they had started to outsource them for manufacture from their original production plants in Taiwan and Japan, and were now making them in India and Sri Lanka. According to the reports, these were the ones that were giving faulty results.

So anyway, when my local MaxOffice had a sale on these recently, I went to buy a couple of 100 bundles and instead of the usual "made in Taiwan" Verbatims they normally stocked, this time they were marked as being made in India. Hmm, I thought, surely Verbatim heard the complaints from users and fixed the production problems and they were now up to their usual high standards...

Brrzzzzz! Wrong! When I tried these shortly thereafter, I got 4 bad burns out of 10 that I tried, with multiple files and different drives, too. I returned them immediately for a refund, and sought out the manager of the OfcMax to let them know exactly why I had a problem with them. Of course, this info went to deaf ears because I still see them showing up on the shelves as the India ones.

Which brings us to Amazon...who don't provide product info as to where these are manufactured, which is a shame because they have occasional sales on these for very reasonable prices (like today's Black Friday deal of $18.99 per 100). But I'm not going to get burned (ha ha) on these again and need to go through the hassle of returning them, so no sale. At least at brick-and-mortar stores, you can examine the merchandise you're about to buy and find out where it was made.
55 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2017
I burned a bunch of files to these DVDs because I needed to free up some hard drive space. Of course, I deleted the files once I burned them. I wish I could turn back time so that I didn't delete them, because MOST of these Verbatim DVDs failed. 52 and counting, to be exact. Some or all of the files on those DVDs are corrupted and inaccessible. (Note to self: ALWAYS double check the files burned to disc before deleting the originals!) I even tried to use some software that allows access to troublesome files, and it couldn't salvage anything. Now during the time that I was burning the aforementioned files, I was also burning some of them onto DVDs from several other brands. Those all checked out flawlessly--no problems whatsoever--so the problem is not with my DVD burner, as I had at first feared. The problem is with the Verbatim discs. I'm not even interested in replacements or a refund; potentially messed up replacement DVDs and/or money can't replace those lost files. Nothing could ever make me buy Verbatim products again.
on March 22, 2014
These DVD's aren't recognized by my computer or an external superdrive. I've given them to others who have had a similar experience and those gave to others, and they also couldn't get them to be recognized.
I've read since online that a lot of these now are being subcontracted out to Chinese companies who evidently aren't too interested in whether they actually work so much as having them "look" like a dvd.
Sorry business. I would hope Amazon would screen these products and ban them from the website.
I could have gotten a return on my money, but by the time I got around to trying these out, the return window had closed.
Verbatim has been a good product in the past, but evidently they have stopped making use of their quality control department.
Save your money.
on February 14, 2016
I've purchased these DVD's before...I believe this is a bad batch....I had 10 left over from the last order I placed and had no issue burning them (I was burning 100 copies)...the 2nd DVD from this new spindle produced an error message "Invalid Block Address"....I've tried 10 more and all give me the same error message...how do I go about asking for a replacement ?...I shouldn't have to pay to return these ...Like I said, I've used Verbatim DVD's a lot...this has to be a bad batch....
review image
on August 25, 2016
Verbatim is a long standing, highly reputable company when it comes to DVD-R discs. I purchased these to burn movies and they work flawlessly. So far not a bad disc in the lot. I am sitting on a bunch of unused discs at the moment however since certain sites I used to find movies have been shuttered. These can burn far more than 120 minutes by the way, you just need to look at the file size you are burning. I have used this company for well over a decade from the time I was burning music CD's from Limewire and Napster up through the present day and they have never let me down. I will continue to purchase in the future. Final note - it should be obvious by the product picture and description but just in case you are wondering they do not come with jewel cases to individually store the discs after you use them. You can purchase these separately for a few bucks if you need them.
on April 17, 2015
Update:
So far, I got nine coasters in a pack of 100, and I'm not even halfway through. I always use this brand, and have always recommended it with one exception and that's the Taiyo Yuden. I don't know if this is just a bum pack or my DVR is getting old (it is) but I can't think of anything more antagonistic than trying to tape something and the DVD is a problem. Mine are always enclosed on the spindle, which I suspect most people keep theirs too. I can't fathom what could cause so many bad ones either. But I wanted to update my otherwise glowing review. I know not to get the Verbatim ones that say lifestyle or something like that, they are 8X on them, but these are the better ones. Oh well. I guess you got to get some lemons. The price was great. Maybe that is something to be wary of: that which is too good to be true.
You really can't go wrong with Verbatim blank DVD. I usually buy the DVD-R and always the 16X type. The ones that are slower -- if they even make them anymore -- tend to have issues. But the Verbatim is a reliable brand. I have bought DVDs and CDs for years now and I used to also get Sony, and now and then the DVD-RW. But it seems now only Verbatim is reliable -- other than the Taiyo Yuden which is a superb DVD media for most recording and burning needs. But Taiyo Yuden are getting harder to find and of course, pricier. These Verbatim 100 pack was a fabulous deal.
UPDATE April 28. I don't know how long these have laid around or under what conditions they were stored, but right off the top I had four that were coasters. The second was, then the fourth, fifth and sixth. When you have timed a recording on a DVR, that can be a big headache. It wasn't the DVR. This is why you have to be very careful where you buy these, because if they sit in a hot warehouse it could cause performance problems.
on November 7, 2011
If you're looking for something other than 95102's (Made in Taiwan) these are not the ones. These are 95102's in a box - a very good shipping box, I should add. They arrived each in its own small box that had been placed in bigger box - they were in perfect condition.

We've never had any problems (coasters) with these discs - but we always choose to burn on the slowest possible setting. Have been using Verbatim's for years and our 7-8 year old discs haven't degraded yet. Great for music, data or movies. A very good all-around disc.

RiData also made good discs, but we had problems writing on the top (branded too much so you had to tilt the disc to read what you wrote on them). These are smooth and we've never had any problems writing on them with Sharpies. Like I said, after 7-8 years, none have degraded, and we do use Sharpies to label them. Maybe older Sharpies were different? Don't know, but we haven't had any issues with it going through to the dye layer.

Prices on all DVDs have gone up, so stock up when they're on sale for around $20'ish with free shipping!!

Amazon rocks! They have obviously learned how (not) to ship.
on December 2, 2014
Ok...shoulda listened to the reviews...but most people like me think..."hey its a DVD-R in 2014...what could go wrong?!!" Was I wrong. I spend a good few hours frustrated when EVERY disc I tried burning came out "ERROR" after attempting to copy/burn for about 5-8 minutes. I thought was a computer error, so restarted it and same thing. Tried my laptop instead and had the same thing! Then I tried MEMOREX brand DVD-Rs and every disc burned great with NO ERRORS. Waste of time and money. Spend a few dollars extra for a name you can depend on. Oh well...I got nice shiny coasters now since Amazon wont except the return.
on March 7, 2006
I have used these Verbatim brand 16X disks in both my DMR-EH50S Panasonic DVD Recorder (recording content from the television to its hard drive and then after editing the content, burning it to DVD media) as well as my pc computer's NEC ND-3500AG 16X DVD burner and all I can say is how pleased I have been.

These burn very very fast at 16X and I have not had any failures using them -- absolutely no errors so far!

I have used other popular brands of 16X speed DVD media including Taiyo Yuden, Philips, Maxell, Memorex, TDK and while those also have burned very dependably (with a few exceptions) there is one capability I have noticed that the Verbatim brand possesses that those other brands do not. And that is I can squeeze more video and file content onto these Verbatim disks whereas with those other brands I cannot! There is a little more storage space on these! That has made a difference at critical moments in which I needed to fit those extra few megabytes onto the same disk.

I am on my third 25 disk spindle and undoubtedly will opt for the 100 disk spindle when the time comes to replenish my supply.

I have decided that I won't use any of those other brands until either the manufacturing quality of these changes for the worse or they stop making them altogether -- I hope neither happens.

Anyway, these are as near to perfection for burning video and files onto as I have been able to find and I recommend them to you heartily!
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse