Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Top Contributor: Petson November 29, 2015
I really like these cases. I have been using mostly Verbatim for over 10 years with only minor issues. There are some complaints that some break easily or some might be broken. Given the cost, I expect that occasionally I will run into a case or two that break.

I prefer the colors for organization, easy to find, and they just look better then boring black cases. The thin profile allows you to store a CD/DVD almost anywhere but still provide protection. Eventually, physical media will enter our history books permanently but until then. Buy these cases, they are great for just keeping in a closet as needed.
7 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2017
I bought this pack of 50 slim cases because it looked like the best deal. I knew what I was buying when I placed my order, but for everyone else...

These cases fall in between the paper sleeves and the tradition CD cases. Definitely more protective than a sleeve. I had to apply pressure to the two upper and two lower enforced spots of the case to get it to "click" and close properly. Nothing will prevent the disc from flying out as soon as you open the case. The circular nub meant to hold a disc through the center hole is basically useless. But if you are looking for something to simply transport discs and not strongly secure and protect them- this may be the case for you.
3 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2016
I purchased the Verbatim Slim CD and DVD Storage Cases - 50 Pack - 5 Assorted Colors 94178. They were packaged well and shipped fast. There were no broken cases or hinges. These are what I consider very basic storage cases, and they come in five colors (blue, purple, orange, pink, and orange). They're not thick or sturdy, but I didn't expect them to be. They're thin plastic for compactness. The hinges will break easily and the cases will crack easily, exactly like the ones you buy in big box stores. They're not amazing protection, but they're decent storage. Both CD's and DVD's fit with no problem. Considering the price and the number of cases, for storage purposes & basic protection, it's a good value.
4 people found this helpful
on March 5, 2018
Nice color, good for my need. I’ve ordered 2 set of these and may order more. They are not sturdy and this really showed in my second order. In the first order, one was broken. No biggie, they are cheap. In the second order, 8 of them were broken. It’s a small thing, one of the colored bits that sticks out to hold the clear piece in place broke off, meaning it doesn’t hinge properly. If I wasn’t using these for the kid movies, I might not even worry about it and just use them broken. But I’m not. I don’t feel like returning them is worth the effort either, so I used the 42 unbroken ones and was fine.
on February 19, 2017
This is the second time I've ordered these slim storage cases, after being very pleased with the first set.

The cases are clear in the front, with one of five colors for the back half, which worked very well for me. I made a CD cover with a picture on the front and writing on the back, and having the clear front made it easier to see this. I sent a single CD in a jewel case, with a few sheets of written material folded in half, to a number of people, using FU GLOBAL Kraft Bubble Mailers #1, also bought on Amazon. The CDs and their cases arrived undamaged, and the recipients liked the presentation in these jewel cases.

I don't recall having one of these jewel cases break, even though I carry them around in a packed briefcase and they get frequent use. So from my perspective they're a good quality product. For my own use, I like having the five colors to differentiate among CDs used for various purposes. It's much easier than having everything in clear cases. Will buy again when this box runs out. Recommend!
6 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2017
I can't give this 5 stars because of broken cases. I like these cases...they are simple, colorful and easy to use. I like being able to color code my disks. But five cases came broken in the box...on the bottom hinge. It's obvious that the product was either hit or dropped...but its not worth shipping back for 5 cases and I needed them asap for a project. The shipping packaging was fine...you couldn't tell there was damage until I took off the cellophane, removed a couple of cases and found the broken pieces underneath.
review imagereview image
on June 8, 2015
I'm not quite sure why so many folks are having problems with these being broken unless it is the packaging by Amazon which ranges from extremely poor to adequate prior to being shipped. But even with this being the case, my experience has been generally favorable and I buy 2 to 4 50 packs every few months for the back-ups I'm making of my CD collection...and will be buying more today. With roughly 2500 CD's in my collection this takes a bit of time, but I want both a hard copy back up as well as a digital image of each Disc. I have very few of these cases arrive damaged except when the shipping packaging is poor or worse. For example, I only had a total of 2 jewel cases with cracks in them in the last shipping of 3 50 packs from the middle of April. The colors you see in the pic are the colors you get. I don't know what colors people are expecting, but there are red, blue, purple, green and orange. I've had no problems with these cases snapping shut and they generally hold up well unless you're carelessly tossing them against the back window of your car or on the floor or into a box. They ARE plastic after all and for roughly 20 cents a case, there should be little to complain about them.
3 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2016
This purchase got me to try Amazon Prime since you must be a member to purchase. Purchased with a thirty pack spindle of Verbatim 4.7 GB DVD+RW. They seem to be substantial enough for storage and transport in a case, and will certainly perform its primary function of protecting the disc.
As an aside, The wife is certainly happy about Amazon Prime and the shipping will likely pay for itself with the added benefit of free movies and books. The Amazon app works just fine with Roku, even considering my pitiful 3 MB DSL internet. That is just sad, but its all there is here other than smoke signals. The only fiber optic here is passing through on a truck.
on August 16, 2017
Now, I recalll my experience with these Verbatim Slim Jewel cases. They are brittle and very easy to break even with careful handling. Granted they are cheap, and there is a very good reason why. Many of them arrived with the hinge tabs broken, but they were undiscovered until I started putting in the discs.
I CANNOT RECOMMEND THESE!
on February 22, 2017
When I told my boyfriend to open the package for me he saw the pretty colors and texted me and was like IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! so yeah! Beautiful colors, thin cases, easy to store... they're clear colored so you can actually see what's inside. I wrote on mine so I can keep the case for each cd to organize better in my car.
The one thing that's a little annoying is you have to snap it together in just the perfect way for it to shut... otherwise you break the little clamp or just pull ur hair out trying to shut it. But once u find the sweet spot it's easy.