Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 50-Disc|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,791 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,920 reviews
on February 1, 2016
I bought 3 batches of these in 2015 - one in early 2015 from Microcenter, one in late 2015 from Microcenter, and one in late 2015 from Amazon. All 3 batches burned with severe errors according to Nero CD-DVD Speed. I wasn't even burning at 16X - I burned at 12X and 8X and still got a lot of PIF errors.

Then I burned one of the few remaining Verbatim DVD+R discs I have from 2011, and it was almost flawless. Verbatim DVD media used to be the best, but they are poor quality now. I had to try Taiyo Yuden for the first time, and even though they cost about twice as much, the burn quality is excellent. Beware though, I heard Taiyo Yuden is about to move production from Japan to China.
on September 15, 2016
I bought these DVDs specifically to create back up disks for my computers. I got a new laptop and realized I'd been negligent in creating back up disks for my 2 desk tops. Didn't have enough DVDs in my collection of computer parts. So, I ordered these. I calculated that I would need 14 discs for all 3 computers. Boy, was I wrong!! Of the many discs that I bought the first 3 were refused by the computer with the message "insert a blank disk". This was on the new laptop and I thought there was something wrong with the laptop. Finally got one to start copying and went to the other 2 computers to start burning there. It has taken me about 3 hours to FINALLY get enough good burns.
I "wasted" 10 disks that had a "verify failed" message plus the 3 that wouldn't even record.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 3, 2014
Let me start by saying that you should check the dates of the reviews on this page, because 10 year old reviews on this product really do not apply. There also seems to be confusion about what +/- means and it's simple, the major difference is that they are not interchangeable when it comes to recording, both will play back in the majority of existing DVD Video players. DVD-R is the earlier standard and may work better for older recorders.

I've recorded tens of thousands of DVD's and CD's for business reasons and can tell you that recorders are a much bigger problem than the discs. You should search your recorders make and model to learn what discs are compatible and if new firmware is available and why it's new. You may have to just try them if you don't know or can't find out your recorders disc compatibility. Updating your drives firmware can fix your recorders compatibility in many cases or it may be easier for some to just change brands/manufacturing method. Now I'll tell you about these discs.

Fine DVD's at a fine price these are the basics, not double layer and will work for digital storage for most computers, which is the reason for my purchase. I fill them up with original photo's and music, usually creating a third copy that's not on a hard drive so my work won't get lost.

Verbatim is a division of Mitsubishi, a good Japanese company that I've trusted for quite a while for digital storage and I like buying them bulk like this. I'll also buy paper sleeves to put them into, which keeps the cost down and I'll need less room for storage of the discs. But I don't buy just this brand, so shop for the cost per disc.
on March 19, 2017
Hmm, they wont allow me to bun anything including music on windows media player or pictures so I'm not sure what's up with these ones. Maybe its my system, but I tried them on two different computers and they don't work. Try a different brand before you try these, I see many other people with the same problem as well. I would not buy these again and if I could go below one start then I would because it seems I'm not the only one with this problem.
on May 25, 2014
UPDATE (June 2015): The last two cases of 100 discs had 2 to 3 bad discs per case. In the past it was either zero or 1 on average. But the biggest complaint now, and the reason for 4 instead of 5 stars, is that A'zon shipping has become incredibly slow. They are trying to encourage people to sign up for 'Prime' so it seems they have purposely slowed shipping down for non-prime buyers. This seems to be the case with anything bought from, or shipped by, A'zon.

These Verbatim DVD+R blank DVDs have been extremely reliable over the past several years. I buy nothing else since I started with these. Occasionally Maxell, but never again with Sony or other brands.

One caution: DO NOT buy the "Life Series" by Verbatim. They are of less quality and I do not recommend them. Used to buy my Verbatim DVDs when they went on sale at Office Max, but they stopped carrying the good ones and only sell the cheaper, lower-quality, Life Series.
on June 11, 2016
These have "RW" on them but are apparently not rewriteable; and I wasn't looking for rewriteables, so that's not a problem for my use (although I find it very thoughtless that they would put such a confusing logo on their packaging and on the DVDs themselves). I was making multiple copies of a DVD I created using Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD maker (a slideshow of pictures from a school, set to music), and I had 20 or so of another brand of DVD+R discs, and they burned correctly 100% of the time... and when those ran out I bought these, and they failed around 25% of the time, on two different computers. Bad batch? Some basic incompatibility? I don't know, but there's other brands to try, so I'll never buy these again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2017
This has been the ONLY brand and type of DVD I've used for the past 10-15 years with very few coasters produced. No matter which brand you use, you should assume there to be a couple failures every 100 burns. Any more than that and it's time to switch, but never had that trouble with Verbatim. Had a better deal on a 50-ct spindle when I needed to replenish, but normally get the 100-ct spindle.
on June 6, 2017
This set of DVD+R discs was exactly what I was looking for and the cheapest price I could find for the quality and size of data. I was able to burn ISO bootable images into them and run them on startup without any additional diagnostics or trouble shooting. I wanted them for the installation of DBAN and Windows so I could work on computers.
on November 15, 2013
These seem to work for me, so far and so good. I back up a great deal of documents for storage and archives, to add to and delete and these do the job. I had mistakenly purchased the same brand of –R and they didn’t work at all for anything. When they stored data, I couldn’t access them at all again. However, with these, I’ve used these three times so far to store, change and delete and they worked without any issue, which for me is a great plus.
It seems that the the DVD -R are hit and miss. A lot of people have had success with them, and I and a number of others haven't. I bought a package of 100 dics and not one worked. I was able to store to some, but later I was not able to access them on two different laptops including the one I used to burn to. I am now using these +R without issues, so far on the same laptops, which are ACER Aspire's: one running Vista and the other running WIN 7.
Overall, they work for me, which means as long as they are made the same, I'll keep buying these DVD+R in the future. I will update review in future should something change.
on May 10, 2015
Time after time, These never fail me for years. I can use about 50 of them over the span of six or eight months, and they are always 100% durable and have never given me a problem in three different laptops with DVD burners. I like the minimalist logo on the disc itself, and anyone who does a little background will find that these discs are exactly what you will purchase whether it be Sony, Memorex, Or any higher-end name.

Do yourself a favor and always have a stack of these on hand. 100 gets to be a little cumbersome which is why buying them in packs of 50 is the way to go and combine it with the jewel cases you want. I prefer 50 of all different colors, you may want just 50 clear cases. Either way it's what is burned on the disc that you will treasure.