- Size (LWH): 3.7 inches, 0.76 inches, 2.6 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Network Compatibility: LTE
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 1200 minutes
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Verizon MiFi 6620L Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot (Verizon Wireless)
- Feature: Connect up to 15 Wi-Fi Enabled Devices
- Feature: Universal Charging to Charge other Devices
- Feature: Up to 20 hours of continuous use
- Feature: Touch Navigation Keys
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
Jetpack MiFi 6620L
Got Wi-Fi–enabled devices such as tablets and laptops that you want to connect to the Internet? The Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L provides that link—even when outside the country. Connect up to 15 Wi-Fi–enabled devices to 4G LTE and 3G. Stay powered with ample battery life and even charge external devices.
Connect up to 15 Wi-Fi–enabled devices
Laptops. Tablets. Gaming consoles. Cameras. Music players. Wearables and more. If your gadget is Wi-Fi–enabled, the exclusive Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 6620L gives you a secure connection to America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network.
Stay charged for when you need it most
Charge and stay charged with the most powerful 2-in-1 battery around. It not only keeps you connected up to 20 hours*, but also doubles as a universal charger for external devices that need a battery boost. Now you can surf the web, check email, video chat and more from your Wi-Fi–enabled devices longer.
Easily get information from the color display
The large, colorful display with touch-navigation keys allows you to easily view onscreen help menus, FAQs, data usage and more. Touch keys put easy navigation and access to critical device and network information at your fingertips.
Power your connections around the world
Headed overseas, down south or up north? No matter your reason for heading outside the US, the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L can come with you—it’s Global Ready and can be used in 200+ countries.
Benefit from advanced features
Use GPS with compatible devices. Enjoy peace of mind with a secure password and parental controls. Block selected devices from connecting and choose from secure Wi-Fi settings to keep your data safe and secure.
|Usage Time||1200 minutes|
|Battery||Standard Lithium Ion (4000 mAh)|
|Network||Network: LTE Band 13/4 (700/1700 MHz), CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz); Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100); Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5.0 GHz a/b/g/n, MIMO|
Connect up to 15 Wi-Fi–enabled devices Laptops. Tablets. Gaming consoles. Cameras. Music players. Wearables and more. If your gadget is Wi-Fi–enabled, the exclusive Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 6620L gives you a secure connection to America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network. Stay charged for when you need it most Charge and stay charged with the most powerful 2-in-1 battery around. It not only keeps you connected up to 20 hours*, but also doubles as a universal charger for external devices that need a battery boost. Now you can surf the web, check email, video chat and more from your Wi-Fi–enabled devices longer.
Top Customer Reviews
What a difference in performance from the 5510L.!
The 55 would never seem to get above 3 bars, and by the afternoon it would be down to 1 bar, maybe 2....with abysmal download
speed and constant disconnects..!
This new 6620L has 4 bars without an external antenna and my speed tests have shown between 30-35 megabytes downloads consistently.!
Verizon has a $50 rebate so the unit ended up costing $49...with my month to month plan.
This thing has become an incredible data hog.
After using it for the 1st 3 months, it telling me I'm using vast amounts of data.!
And by vast amounts I'm talkin over 4 Gigs in just 2 hours of use.!
I don't download anything, I have my udates turner off, In don't watch videos, and I've even turned off the video in my Forefox browser.!
Yet, it's claiming I've downloaded the equivelent of Windos 10 plus a gigabyte.!!
I've read many, many posts about this crazy data overages, which only started to happen when I switched my data plan from 5 gigs to 10 gigs. All of a sudden I'm going over every month.! That is unacceptable!!! Verizon customer service has been useless, as have been their tech support.!
They're basically blaming me for the overages, and even when I told them that on my 5 gig plan I never used it all in a month and that my sufing habits were identical, they are still going to charge me. That' over $100.00 a month for just surfung the web and reading newspapers.
Of all the posts i've read about this, only one person found a service tech who knew about the problem and remedied his situation.
It turned out to be a bad sim card. He replaced itn and has not had the problem since.
I'm going to try that tomorrow and see what happens.
I'll keep you all posted on my success.
Well after visiting the Verizon Store and, not only speaking with them, but also with a service tech on the phone while in the store, Verizon claims all my usage is valid.!
Turns out, ...they have no more ability to see your usage than you can find out yourself online. They refuse to admit that there's any problem with overages of data usage, and claim they've not heard of this problem before. I guess they're not tech savy enpough to use Google.!!!
I found pages of complaints of being charged for data, that MANY HAVE CLAIMED THEY NEVER USED and all, to a Person.....got the same BS Answer. "Never heard of it before".. and.. "all your usage is legitiment".!
Well, after weeks of research I found one person who posted an answer he got from a knowledgeable service tech, who told him he'd heard of the problem and, that itwas traced to a Bad Sim Card.!
He was told to replace nit and has since had no more data overages.
I did the same 2 weeks ago and.....No More Date Overages so for.
It's back to my regular monthly usage of 5-6 gigs.!
Hope this sim card fix helps others.! Cheers, VB
Well, here it is at the end of my billing cycle annnnnd.......my data overages are nonexistent.!
I seem to be,....for the moment back to normal usage.
Since I changed the Sim card,....surfing the web this last month has been normal.
No overage charges. Replacing the Sim card seems to have cured the data overage usage.
* Uses Verizon's XLTE bands, making it essentially capable of faster speeds (higher bandwidth on less crowded spectrum) if you live in an area with that coverage (again, not rating the coverage, just the fact that this device has this capability).
*Many sources online indicate this also is LTE Advanced capable, so this should keep the device current moving forward for some time.
* The device doubles as a battery pack! This would be useful for me, say at a conference or event where I sometimes had to bring another battery pack for a mobile device.
* Fully customizable router-like features. This device is able to port forward, MAC filter, port filter, WPS (security issues aside), supports passthrough VPN, DMZ, can allow devices to communicate with each other (if desired), etc. This is a fully-featured device.
* The web interface allows you to customize many hotspot features and also how they present themselves (or not) on the device itself. Really useful.
* "test port" is really an external antenna port. You do need the adapter which you can find here Novatel Wireless Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot External Antenna Adapter Cable Pigtail With Fme Male Connector. The adapter goes to FME Male which is useful as some of the Wilson cellular antenna products use this same connector (some antennas use SMA though so you may need another converter on top of this adapter).
* Unless I am missing it, I do not see a static IP feature. How do you offer port forwarding, etc. and not static IP. I suppose I could manually set a static IP on my device, but that's kind of a pain.
* Slightly thicker than I would prefer, because it offers the battery pack feature. This is not a major problem for me though, since it is replacing a battery pack and hotspot device.
Other notes: I have not noticed any ghost data usage but I see a number of other people reporting it online. If I start to experience that, I would probably get a data usage app to double check. I also have set my connections in Windows 8.1 to "metered" and turned off syncing over metered connections. Also, I experienced a moderately decent 10 Mbps Down/5 Mbps Up using an unscientific Speedtest*net.
Long story short, the 4 stars isn't because Amazon did anything wrong but because Verizon has too much smoke and mirrors.
I am disabled, I shop online because it is so difficult
to go to a store.
When I received this, I called Verizon to activate it.
Turns out the SIM card had been 'retired'.
After many phone calls, I was told that if someone could
go to a Verizon store, I would be given a SIM card
I got someone to go, they were given a SIM card,
brought it to me, it didn't fit.
More phone calls …
I ended up having to take the jet pack to a Verizon
store, the fourth SIM card finally fit and
These are very old 6620L, and it is definitely not
straight forward getting them activated.
This is the worst purchase I have made.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
and always have 3bars not full bars.. 3* for this item