Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Veronica Mars
Format: DVD|Change

on March 14, 2014
I'm going to be completely honest - this is coming from a full fledged marshmallow that suffered the long 7 years after this series got the axe. A little biased or had every right to be. But just because I'm a diehard fan doesn't mean I walked into the theater expecting or having already dubbed this film a masterpiece without having seen it. To me, there were areas of the TV series that weren't as up to par with the rest of it. My greatest fear was that all of us fans had paid in advance for a film that would be more along the lines of the lower end quality and completely unenjoyable as a film seeing as it was coming from the same people that were accustomed to producing TV. While I was so excited for Veronica coming back to life, I didn't want to get my hopes up - Twilight anyone?? So I walked in expecting basically the worst and was absolutely floored by what we got. Not just the cherished Easter eggs planted for the fans but the movie itself - plot, characters, comedy! I found myself completely sucked in and on the edge of my seat. There was even a moment that made me cover my mouth in a gasp (something I can't say I've EVER done for a movie). All I can say without spoiling anything is that this movie wrapped up everything that was left hanging in the series finale and manages to give us closure while leaving open for more. After season 3 I was a bit worried about where they would take the series but now I have to say I'm super excited for more.
1616 comments| 360 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 26, 2015
I can't say enough good things about this movie. I was a huge fan of the TV series, so when the Kickstarter campaign came along I was excited to see how the movie turned out. If you never watched the TV series, you will still find the movie entertaining, although you will miss the Easter Eggs left in the movie. If you get a chance go back and watch the series, I do believe it is still free on Prime and you won't be disappointed.

Great opening sequence, laying the foundation to her being a young PI growing up, now a grown up soon to be lawyer who was brought back home by the love of her life and his pending murder charges and the dreaded 10 year high school reunion - Ahoy! The movie did a great job of bringing the characters back, but I wish the movie included a bit more of the friendship relationships between Veronica, Mac, Wallace, and of course Dick. The movie itself was more of an extended version of the series, but filled the deep void for us marshmallows that were devastated when the series was cancelled. And of course the relationship between Veronica and Logan is epic! I'm on to reading the books now.
on January 9, 2015
Wish they would have filmed this when Kristen Bell wasn't pregnant, as it is a bit distracting, lol. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty good. I could wish they had shown more of her internal thinking (via the diary mode of narration they used more in the series) throughout the movie. More explanation of Logan's character change, I can read between the lines that he joined the military to get himself under control (disciplined life) after beating up Piz at the end of season 3, but it isn't stated strongly enough. And it would have been great if he had said something about wanting to be worthy of V and/or any worthwhile woman. Her relationship with Piz, her current fiance and boyfriend from season 3, could have used some more explanation. I loved the narration at the end explaining her final decision though. Still, I enjoyed the romp through Neptune and the stellar performances of so many characters from the show: the public defender, Wallace, Mac, the nefarious Mr. Kane, a few familiar deputies, and Weevil! Enrico Colantoni is an amazing actor and plays her dad so well! Overall, I think most fans will enjoy the movie, I know I did.
VINE VOICEon March 24, 2015
I was happy to be back in Veronica's world and loved this movie despite its flaws. And can it be considered flawed if it is exactly what it was meant to be - less a stand alone movie than a gift to fans?

I don't know anyone who watched this that wasn't a fan of the show and I cant imagine a newcomer would get much out of it . While the movie is careful to explain things in a way meant to orient newcomers that just slows things down and irritates the fans a little. The movie seems both rushed and draggy due to this and overstuffed with characters that while nice to see again were not necessary.
The voiceover narration seemed overdone -movies should show, not tell, but it was necessary for the movie and of course was present but more natural seeming on tv.

A little too much of everything for one movie, it just made me wish for another season. But I teared up when the theme song came on at the end . So 5 stars for emotional reasons, 3 stars for intellectual reasons. 4 overall. And hoping for another.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I don't know how exciting it would be for a non-Marshmellow...so much of it includes knowing the character backstories. I was one of the kickstarter funders, so I got a .pdf copy of the script. I was so impressed with how little ended up cut out from the released scrip, Thomas clearly had a plan, and worked it out to try to maximize fan pleasure. There's something for everyone--doesn't matter if you are Team Logan or Team Piz (booo!)

It was full of the usual snark! The only character who changed was a very grown up Logan. I would advise checking out the series before taking time to watch the movie--they are available for free if you have Amazon Prime. This entire series is witty and well written. It has something for all ages.

My 10year old walked in while I was watching the movie (alas, not shown anywhere near my home or I'd have been in the theater). There is some profanity in the movie--I wasn't thrilled with her watching it simply for that--but it's pretty mild. All I really remember is a few F bombs. Nothing terrible...though it includes murder, so obviously it's a pg-13 sort of movie.

Happy watching!
on November 21, 2014
Please make another movie! This was really well done, it had all the characteristics of the TV show but felt like a movie. The movie an homage to the much-loved TV series, and it certainly lived up to its name. Pretty much all the characters came back, and it was like they never left. The chemistry was all still there, and even though they have all aged it still feels like Veronica Mars.

The plot itself was not disappointing, full of twists as always. I cannot wait to see what they do next, I really do hope this is the first of many to come.
on March 14, 2014
As one of the 90,000+ "backers" of the film, I went in feeling confident that the VM team would give me a good story. What I got was SO much more. The characters are as entertaining as ever. The chemistry between Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring will make LoVe fans swoon and the mystery to solve made this wanna be PI sit on the edge of my seat waiting for every clue. SO happy Warner Brothers and the "Marshmallow Army" gave the VM team a chance to tell another tale. Here's hoping there are more mysteries to solve in Neptune, CA!
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 15, 2015
I came late to the world of Neptune and Veronica Mars. Although I’m of the age of other Marshmallows, the show somehow completely escaped my radar when it was on TV. I have a small but manageable obsession with Ira Glass, and one day I heard him and the “This American Life” crew talking about the Kickstarter. I was intrigued, and started watching the Veronica Mars TV series available through Amazon Prime Instant Video. Flash forward 2 weeks later, and I am completely obsessed. At the end of the third season I sent some regrettable texts (in all caps) to my friends that had been supporting me during this journey, and they reassured me that there was a movie. I downloaded it immediately.

While the immediate jump in time was a little jarring, I don’t know how people survived so long without it. The movie was exactly what it needed to be. This isn’t to say that it was…good. In fact, there were a few moments that were lol terrible. The writing in the scene with Ira was particularly cringe worthy (my poor heart!). The whole script spent a lot of time on exposition and then even more time on inside jokes that only super fans would get. I think they tried to make it for too many people, which watered down the final product, but I also understand the reasoning behind it. It’s a flawed movie and I was confused by some of the choices, but I was just so happy to get more of the characters that I love. Veronica and Logan forever, but maybe next time find a uniform that fits him.
on February 2, 2016
As a fan of the Veronica Mars TV series, it was great to see this cast reunion. The plot and characters are all back to form; however, I was a bit sad that they chose high school reunion/local mystery as there was a trailer produced shortly after the series ended advertising Veronica Mars: FBI. It was a bit disappointing that her character became a corporate lawyer in this movie instead of an FBI agent! Nevertheless, if you're a Veronica Mars fan, you can safely view this! The only character missing is Duncan--guess he is permanently banished to Australia (or another undisclosed location) with his child.

If you haven't seen the TV show, I would recommend watching at least the first two seasons before watching this film. The two seasons are the best with each show having its own mini mystery (or mysteries) and also developing the big mystery over the entire season. The first seasons story arch is so well done with so many red herrings and the clues so timely delivered to keep in moving but not to give it away until it is time for the suspenseful finish. Combine that with the witty banter and multi-faceted characters and you get excellent drama! Unfortunately, once the show became popular, in the first half of the 3rd season, they started focusing on the on/off again romance drama and put less effort into the mysteries leading to a ratings drop and the show not being renewed. The 2nd half of the 3rd season resurrected the best in the show writing but unfortunately did not save the series.
on November 24, 2017
If you are a fan of the series, the movie doesn't disappoint, not in a way that could be addressed in an under two hour film. The story is good, Veronica is sassy and amazing, LEO. What else needs to be said? Yeah yeah, the few moments we spend getting to see our old friends isn't enough, but so long after the series ended, I will take what I can get.