Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 383 reviews
on July 26, 2014
Works great when you follow the proper sequence of activation. I use (free) Torque on my phone. Insert reader to car, then start car, turn on bluetooth, then start torque. If you do it in another order, you will not find the adapter. If you unplug it from the car youll have to re-enter the default password of 1234. Leave it plugged in and the red LED stays on, using some amount of power, so maybe for weeks sitting there might not be a good idea. Just think about the price and yo wont be disappointed.
on March 8, 2013
Works great with with torque pro android version. very accurate. more so than my wired usb OBDII. Pairing was not fun. Did not come with a code/key. Nevertheless, after some interweb research I found it is 1234. did not work the first few tries. Had to wait until OBDII was connected for about 50 seconds before pairing.
on October 25, 2016
I've gone through a bunch of these knockoff ELM327 readers and none of them would connect to my 02 Explorer. They all work in other vehicles but Apparently these cheap clones are hit or miss with Fords j1850pwm protocol even though i made sure every one I purchased specifically stated it was j1850pwm compatible in the description. I found a way to modify this style of clone to work with my ford so I bought this one specifically to modify assuming it wasn't going to work but I plugged it in and it actually connected. The only problem is it only stays connected to the ECU for a minute or so at a time so I hve to keep unplugging n plugging it back in to use it. Buyer be ware if you own a Ford even when they say it's compatible with the j1850pwm protocol it's not always the case.
on February 23, 2017
The first one I received wouldn't broadcast on Bluetooth. After contacting the seller I got a cordial reply with an apology and a promise to ship out a replacement immediately. The replacement unit works great with the Torque app. Seeing as the problem with the first unit was not the sellers fault, and that they resolved the problem quickly and courteously, I would recommend Docooler again. I'm completely satisfied with the results.
on October 31, 2013
I couldn't get my Bluetooth on my PC to work, but it paired no problem to my Android 2.3 device. After pairing it will not connect unless you download an app that will talk with it. I tried a few, and liked Carista and OBDAutoDoctor LITE the best, and they were a free app for my phone. The software that came with this device for the phone is not worth even trying, and I cannot speak for the PC software, but the device came with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS, and the CD does not auto run to an installation wizard upon inserting into drive.

So if you have a Bluetooth droid phone(and I'm sure iPhone as well - but I bet my free apps with droid cast $$ on the iPhone; well it's an iPhone wadduya except) it works well.

The apps above work to check OBD codes/pending codes/reset codes, ands check if OBD is ready for inspection, or to use as a speedometer and rpm gauge (in case yours is broken) but I'm sure the pay for apps can do more.
on June 24, 2015
Excellent product! Easy connection with an android tablet that is installed in the car. Works light magic to diagnose issues with your car, reads all the performance clearly via tablet. Including some MPG, speed reads...

One word of advice: Disconnect it when not in use (!!!) as it WILL drain your battery if you are not driving it daily. Needless to mention, Tundra's battery was depleted in 7 days it was sitting and unable to start - not enough "juice."

So, don't rush to exchange your battery or try to find a "short" if happens to you - remove it when not in use.
on April 29, 2015
Seems to work well so far, at least for CAN vehicles (CAN tested on my 2007 Dakota and 2005 Grand Cherokee). I wrote the software I use with this interface, so I can't speak of the other software described in the other reviews, but I was unable to connect to my 1997 GMC Jimmy or 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix. Both of these vehicle are J1850 compliant. I can connect with no problem to these vehicles using the wired version of this interface and with another interface I have been using (another brand, not ELM). Looking at the description, I see where it says it supports J1850 PWM and VPW, ISO 14230 KWP, ISO 9141 and CAN, but I don't see J1850 support in the detailed description. This will effectively remove GM and Ford from you scanning ability unless they are CAN compliant (about 2006 or newer).
on November 6, 2013
This thing works flawlessly. It pairs with my Nexus 7 tablet in about 5 seconds. I am using Torque and the tablet is mounted on the dash (4 feet away). I saw others were having problems pairing this thing, so i knew the code was 1234. Knowing that, it literally took me 15 seconds to initially setup this thing.

Pros: Everything (easy setup, good range, cheap, quick)

Cons: Battery Drain???
(every OBD2 port is always on by rule/law). This thing has a red light on even when the car is off. Not sure if this would be different for any other similarly priced devices. (there is one for $150 on Amazon that says it has proprietary means to prevent this).

Unknown: Longevity (only had this for a week)

Caution: the seller seems to change, so i can't guarantee you'll get the same thing I got.
"New Version V1.5 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Interface Scanner
by maxwisdom"
Sold by AutoWT and Fulfilled by Amazon.
on May 19, 2015
I installed this in my ODB2 port, paired it to my phone, installed the Torque pro app and was ready to go. Super easy to use, after pairing with BT, you're pretty much finished, just need to install an app on your phone or the software on your laptop. It is a little big, doesn't get in the way but it hangs ominously in front of my brake pedal. I'm worried I'll snap it off on accident so I don't always leave it plugged in, just to be safe. Definitely a good deal though, 10 bucks well spent
on September 30, 2013
Didn't need or use the CD that came with it, plugged it into the port on my Pontiac G6, paired with it on my android phone (code is 1234), ran the Torque Pro app and it connected and worked perfectly. It even supports the "high speed" mode in Torque which says it may or may not work depending on your scanner. Left it running for a 2 hour drive over the weekend, found some interesting correlations using the scatter plot (fuel efficiency versus MAP/MAF/Engine load). Was relieved to see no historic fault codes and the last time the codes were cleared was some 6000 miles before I purchased the car.

Anyways, for like 11 bucks plus the 4 dollar app you can't beat this solution, I'll probably get another one for my other car and just leave them plugged in all the time.