- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 4.7 x 1.5 inches ; 2.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- ASIN: B003FZA1OW
- Item model number: VR001-001-23
- Batteries 2 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Average Customer Review: 1,421 customer reviews
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 15, 2010
Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Graphite)
- Bright, even LED light illuminates the screen without any ?hot spots?.
- Flexible neck adjusts to eliminate reflection or glare.
- Clip designed for Kindle. Clip width and depth insure secure, stable connection to the Kindle without interfering with the screen.
- Package includes a set of CR2032 batteries pre-loaded in the light
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:14 Mins|
As Ms. Cormier's video shows, this light clips on the top or side without covering the screen. It is very flexible so I can shift it depending on where I am reading.
Two unexpected benefits. First, I can leave the light clipped to the Kindle and bend it across the top of the closed case...I don't have to take it on and off as I expected. Second, the light came with extra batteries!
There is a reason this light keeps selling out. Don't waste money on a lighted cover, get this light instead!
- Might Bright XtraFlex2: It is, indeed, mighty bright, but more in scope than in intensity. It casts light on a HUGE area, enough to disturb my partner in bed... On the kindle itself, it is only slightly brighter than other lights. Not enough to justify its size in my opinion. Which brings us to its other flaw - it is BIG. The clip is too large to clip straight onto the top of the kindle. I had to clip it diagonally. It seemed to work and be stable that way, but it is a big beast, and would not be convenient for travel, for me. Given that the illumination onto the kindle itself was only slightly brighter than other lights, I didn't think it was a good solution.
- Verso clip-on: Good travel size, very very blue light, not very bright, and it actually POPPED OFF my kindle when I tried to adjust the head of the light to shine in a slightly different direction. And while it's fairly small, it does not fold in any particular way, so it's not very compact.
- Verso Arc: Nice form factor, but I found the bright but somewhat uneven, and worst of all (which is why I returned it), if I held it in bed in a particular angle that I happen to like, the light reflected off the top of the screen in a really annoying way. Also, the light was VERY much on the blue end of the spectrum ("cold").
- Octovo: Also a compact light, but I found it very weak.
- Belkin Clip-On: As *light*, this was the best light of all.Read more ›
This thing is *bright*. It's brighter to read in the dark with it on than if I'd use a lamp/overhead lights in my apartment. There's a single, push to use button on top of the light to turn it on and off. It's also incredibly flexible, so I can pin it to the top of my Kindle and contort it to whatever position is best for how I'm laying reading (to minimize glare). I use it was an old Kindle Keyboard, and it's helped get rid of the desire to buy the Paperwhite. Why bother when this works so well?
A few things you may want to know - given how bright this is, it probably wouldn't work to read with while someone's trying to sleep next to you. If the person can't sleep with normal lighting on, this is definitely too much. Also, the flexibility of the light can mean it doesn't stay in the position you twist it to exactly. I'll get it just right, decide I need to turn to my other side to get comfy and read, and then notice that the angle's adjusted from me moving. I don't really mind it personally (otherwise I wouldn't give it 5 stars), but I guess it could be irritating to some.
I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend this to my friends. And, should mine stop working and this still be available for purchase, I'll probably buy another one. At the very least, I'll stick with this company.
I find the light itself to be more than adequate. Not sure if those complaints are about a larger kindle size.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this light because the reviews I read said it was bright.
Mine is SO not bright. At first I thought it was because the room wasn't dark enough, so I tried it in... Read more
Tried yo buy at I Tunes México. Answer: not available at I Tunes Mexico.
Go to I Tunes USA. Answer: You have to buy in I Tunes México.
I have struggled sometimes at night trying to get the best light possible for my Kindle. This reading light works like a charm. Read morePublished 13 days ago by J. Haupt
Our power goes out frequently. I can read my Kindle with the LED reading light.Published 1 month ago by Arosegirl
Great light, I wish it were not so bright for night time reading.Published 1 month ago by Dorothy T. Saatkamp