- Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B009WZRCO6
- Item model number: VR120-001-23
- Average Customer Review: 74 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 26, 2012
Verso "Profile" Standing Cover for Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9")
- Certified "Made for Kindle" Accessory for Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (will not fit Kindle Fire HD 7" or Kindle Fire)
- Wakes or puts your device to sleep when the cover is opened and closed
- Multi-Stand design provides a low profile hands-free viewing position and typing position
- Patent-pending corner elastics provide a snug fit for devices without interfering with charging or other ports.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
First, the positives:
1.Unlike many of the leather cases, neither of the sides has a crease in it. I personally like this a lot because (in my view) it makes the case easier to hold. I usually hold the Kindle with the front cover folded entirely behind the back, and I've found that when there is a crease in either the front or back cover, it tends to flop around.
2. The two kickstands in the back work great as stands --- much more secure than the Amazon case. I like the two options; the lower one is good if I am typing a lot, and the taller one works pretty well when I have the Kindle at my desk. As an added bonus, the two stands (when not extended) make the Kindle even easier to hold the Kindle when I have the front cover folded over the back. You can see that not dropping the Kindle is a theme with me --- probably because I dropped my last one!
3. The design is also looks quite nice, and I don't have any trouble holding it. Most people seem to think it will open to hold a pad of paper, which is fine by me. I'd rather people not realize it has a Kindle inside!
4. The front cover has a magnet in it, so that when you close it, the Kindle turns off, and when you open it, it turns on. Great!Read more ›
Marware Vibe Standing Case, red: It is synthetic leather, and looks and feels every bit of it. The image shown for the red case shows red stitching, but the one I received had black stitching on the red exterior and red on the black interior, which seemed to be a production mistake and was not attractive. The speakers are blocked. The device felt secure within the four plastic corners. The case in its entirety didn't particularly add any bulk or weight to the device. At the time of this writing the case sells for $35, a bit steep for a not very attractive case. Three stars
The Verso Standing Profile Case, black: The case looks nice. There is no indication on the web description or packaging whether the case is real or synthetic leather. It looks and feels real. It smells chemical-plant produced, however. As others have mentioned in their reviews, a strong, unpleasant odor emanates from the case. Really nasty. The speakers are blocked. The case is the bulkiest of the three because of the built-in easel design. Four corner straps securely hold the device in place and a long strap secures the cover, if desired. At $40, I think the company could have made a case without the petroleum (or worse) aroma. Two stars
The Amazon Kindle Fire Standing Leather Case, black: Trim, attractive, well made. Barely adds any bulk or weight to the device. The Fire "snaps" into a narrow rubber trim that rings the interior of the case (very secure). The case accommodates all the ports and switches, and doesn't block the speakers. A rubber tab is a simple catch to open the case and also securely holds the device when the cover is turned back to become an easel. At $55, certainly expensive, but to me, definitely worth it. Five stars.
Second, cosmetics. The case is black satiny fabric with a leather shoulder. It is quite good looking, better looking IMHO than the Amazon product which, despite being leather, looks almost like plastic.
There are two things where the Amazon case is superior. First, weight. This product is heavier than the Amazon case, not by a lot but, if you care about weight, you'll prefer the Amazon case. Second fit. This product holds the tablet via four elastic loops. If dropped, or jerked, the tablet may come loose. If you plan on using it outdoors a lot, or do a lot of banging it around, I would choose the Amazon case.
As far as prize is concerned, this case beats the Amazon product by about $20.
4 and a half stars, half a star off for the flimsy elastic loop holders.
1) This case has a strong elastic that holds the case closed.
2) It's very slim.
1) This case holds the Kindle Fire HD in place with elastic tabs on each corner. This interior elastic is thin and is of a much poorer quality than the outer elastic. After less than a week of use, my Kindle was very loose inside the cover.
2) The case has only has two viewing positions for hands-free use, IF the elastic is tight.
3) I don't know if this is a "con" or not, but my case has a very strong odor. Even after a week in my garage, it retained this odor.
As much as I like the look and the slim build of this case, I'm not using it anymore. My main concern is the loose interior elastic doesn't protect my Kindle Fire HD, when it's open -- in hands-free position or even in reading position.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I waited a couple months before I decided what my rating would be. I never give a low rating lightly. I wanted to like this cover but I don't. Read morePublished on November 13, 2013 by jvolbrown
It work perfectly the case looks good and its fit is great. I would recommend it to everybody looking for a case for a HD Fire KindlePublished on October 3, 2013 by Denzil C. Hale
All phones, tablets, and other handheld gadgets need some protection and this one, being the right size, seemed to be what the doctor ordered.Published on September 24, 2013 by LarryN
The cover does what it is supposed to do. Reasonable price. You need to protect your investment and this does the job.Published on September 24, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Fits great, protects the Kindle well and I like the two different props on the back to give two different angles. I would recommend this to anyone with a Kindle FirePublished on September 13, 2013 by Debbie J. Walters
THIS IS OKAY FOR MY KINDLE, BUT IT WASN'T THE ONE I REALLY WANTED. IT DOES PROVIED LIMITED PROTECTION FOR MY KINDLEPublished on September 12, 2013 by ANGELA ROYSTER
Very happy with this product. Good quality and low cost. Not bothered at all by the straps that attach the kindle to the cover. Good buy.Published on September 5, 2013 by Brian T. Sullivan
It was well made. Turns my Kindle on and off a advertised
It did take longer to receive it than promised. The bottom edged was scuffed. Looked like it was a used one. Read more