- Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 0.7 x 8.1 inches ; 3.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B005I6EU7U
- Item model number: VR021-102-23
- Average Customer Review: 790 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 22, 2011
Verso Prologue Case Cover for Kindle Fire, Tan (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)
- Certified Made for Kindle Accessory (Kindle Fire). The Prologue cover was specifically designed for Kindle Fire.
- Lightweight and exceptionally sturdy construction. No unnecessary bulk.
- Microfiber interior lining protects your Kindle fire screen. Slim pocket for essentials.
- Specially designed corner strap system features long-life elastic straps with no-slip silicone. Strap length, tension, and placement are custom-engineered to hold onto the Kindle Fire and not let go. (If you are looking for a cover to take the Kindle Fire in and out of frequently, we suggest a sleeve.)
(Does not fit Kindle Fire HD 7" or Kindle Fire HD 8.9") This product is designed to fit a Kindle Fire.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The elastic IS a bit snug as other reviewers have said, but I think that's a GOOD thing. For comparison, I have an older M-Edge cover for a Kindle 3 that has looser elastics to hold in the top corners, and while it's ultraeasy to get the Kindle 3 in and out of the M-Edge cover, on the other hand I've occasionally found that the top outer corner elastic has essentially slipped off. So, I'm thinking a tighter elastic for the Kindle Fire is good: less sagging right at the get-go, and I don't really want any "give" when I'm say holding the Kindle Fire while using the elliptical (anything to make that darned elliptical more interesting, right?)! At first just looking at the Kindle Fire vs. the cover elastics I didn't think the Kindle Fire would fit, but I gave it a try and it actually did. There appears to be some anti-slip thin rubbery backing to the elastics, which given my occasional scares with the other cover, seems to be a good idea even though it makes it a little harder to adjust the position of the elastics.
The Kindle really feels like it's secure in there, yet there was enough room for me to run my index finger under the elastic to straighten it out a little after putting the Kindle in (this might be more difficult if you have bigger fingers).Read more ›
UPDATE: As others have pointed out, there is a backing to the elastic that really holds the Fire securely. That and the fact that it's a tight squeeze to get the Fire in place to begin with, I'm confident that the equipment is very secure. The elastics on top do cover some of the speaker outlet, but I don't notice a difference and when watching a movie or listening to music on a personal device, I use headphones anyway. Even alone.
This isn't the right cover if you plan to remove it often, however. For example, I removed the Kindle Keyboard from its case several times a week to put it into a dry sac for pool/bath times. That isn't happening here.
Although the elastics are properly flattened and not curled under in any way, the cover still doesn't lay entirely flat. I think the manufacturer would do well to add 1/4" to the spine. I don't regret the three-star review, but I am glad I decided to keep it.
I agonized for two weeks over which Kindle and which cover to purchase. I read almost every review. I did my research. But there was something so appealing about this cover. I like antique books, actually love them. I was so afraid after reading the negative reviews that I almost didn't buy it.
But, once it arrived and I slipped the Kindle Fire into it, I loved it. It felt like leather with suede on the inside, with even a little pocket to keep receipts, etc. The stitching was perfect and the design impeccable.
Oh, and best of all it fits perfectly into my purse. If you love a cover that looks like a real book and not an overpriced cloth notebook, you'll want this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my second Verso Prologue Case Cover. The first one I got at the same time I got my Kindle Fire. It lasted about 3 years and I loved it. Read morePublished 2 months ago by neb
I liked this case, but did not last very long at all. Even with very gentle use, one of the elastic bands that hold the Nook inside the case popped out. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Calhoun
Loved the book look for this case. It was perfect for me.Published 12 months ago by Ashley N Ruffolo