Categories Game is a fast-paced word game. In this game, you will be presented with different categories and asked to come up with a word that begins with a certain letter in each category. Stimulate your grey matter in this engaging game! The more you play, the more categories you unlock.
NEW: Premium content is now available for purchase! You can get the Extra Categories pack to extend the game's variety, or a Single Hint for a little help when it gets very challenging. Extra Categories includes: Musicians, Sports Activities, Music Bands, Books, Astronomy, Video Games, Mountains, Desserts, Colleges, and Music Festivals
HOW TO PLAY:
Alexa: "I rolled the letter A. First category is Animal..."
You: "Animal, Ant"
Alexa: "Ant is correct. Great. Next category is Country"
You: "Country, Austria"
Alexa: "Austria, nice answer. Next up is..."
And so on...
If you enjoyed playing Scrabble™ or Scattergories™, you will have tons of fun with Categories Game!
** Categories Game may sometimes have trouble getting the word correctly or let you say a word that doesn't belong in the category, but we are constantly expanding the lexicon and the game keeps improving with time. Thanks for your understanding.
If you like the game, leaving a review will help us greatly. We are motivated by our satisfied players, so please send us any comments, ideas or issues you are having at email@example.com. Thank you!
Do your quickest and sharpest to get on the leaderboard.
- See the scoring system below.
- Find the leaderboard at http://www.categories-game.com
- If you could not answer on time, had a wrong answer or Alexa had trouble understanding you (we're sorry for that), you get 0 points for the category.
- If your answer was accepted, you get 50 minus the number of seconds it took you to answer.
- Your score is the sum of points you received in a round.
- You can skip a category by saying "Skip category" or "I don't know". If you don't say anything for longer than 6 seconds the game will quit (Alexa's interface limitation).
- You can say "repeat category" if you've lost track or need to buy some time to think.
- If Alexa rolled the same letter twice or you just want to change the letter for any reason, say "Change the letter".
- Try maximizing your score by acing all categories without mistakes!