Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on January 14, 2008
This is the best mid-priced Andrew Lloyd Webber collection I could find. Just one disc, it covers nearly thirty years of Webber's musicals. All the shows you'd expect are represented. The most memorable songs are included, usually taken from original cast recordings. The selections are organized chronologically and with their shows. It's not very complete, if you're a hardcore Andrew Lloyd Webber fan. There are more expensive sets for the collector. This is just an overview. I'm not a Broadway expert, so this CD suited me just fine. It wasn't too expensive and it had all the hits I was looking for. Other small collections (one or two discs) had different versions of the songs (from revival casts, I guess), which I didn't like as much. I just wanted an inexpensive overview of Andrew Lloyd Webber's greatest hits (instead of buying the entire Cats recording just for "Memory" and "Mr. Mistoffelees", or the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat recording for "Any Dream Will Do"). This album was right for me and if you just want a song or two from each show, it could be right for you.

[Note: I bought this with Ultimate Broadway, which is a pretty good 2-disc overview of Broadway in general. That CD features a few Andrew Lloyd Webber songs, including versions of "Memory" and "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" that differ from the ones on this CD. Together the two CDs make for a good general survey of Broadway musicals for the novice or casual fan.]
on April 26, 2016
I really enjoy most of the music that I have heard from Andrew Lloyd Webber when I listened to them on an old CD with the same title and the same songs. I was especially fond of "Any Dream Will Do" sung by Donny Osmond. I finally actually played this CD on a trip and was VERY disappointed that they had replaced Donny Osmond with another singer because I really liked Donny's rendition of this number. If you a version with Donny Osmond, make sure you check out the description and the artists BEFORE you purchase the CD. I still like the music so I will keep the CD in spite of my HUGE disappointment.
on March 13, 2017
Music to my ears...how beautiful the collection is of all these priceless classics!
on July 17, 2017
Let's hope that this musical giant has more in store for us! Kett it coming Andrew!
on June 23, 2017
my Friend Loves her CD
on April 26, 2017
GREAT DVD.
on April 10, 2017
Five star
on March 24, 2015
Great collection of Andrew Lloyd Webber's well known songs. Play it in the car on the way to and from work and it makes the driving time go by so much faster. Love it.
on July 22, 2017