Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timi Yuro - The Very Best Of - Timi Yuro
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 4, 2006
It seems a shame that so many of Timi's compilation albums all seem to contain many of the same tracks, with some being rerecordings. All of thse are wonderful, as this lovely little lady never made one bad record.

She really was blue eyed soul, and I don't think anyone has ever put such emotion on record. She was so underated, but why? She could sing the phone book and rip your heart out!

She cut an album called "Something bad on my mind" in London in the mid sixties, and it was one of her best, and yet it appears to be the only one never released on cd. Several tracks from it have been released on various compilations, but never the entire album. Please do all us fans a huge favour and put this album out on cd for us.

There is a company who will transfer any album to cd, but my copy of this particular album is far too valuable to risk sending it anywhere. The company in question told me it is virtually unobtainable, so, once again, please release it on cd.

We have lost Timi, but her voice will live on forever.She was unique, with perfect phrasing, and a voice that would melt the hardest of hearts. Her version of "Are you lonesome tonight" (not included here) makes Presley sound like an amateur!

I have everything Timi recorded on vinyl, but i am loathe to play them because they are far to precious, and I am scared they could be damaged as many are collectors items, but somehow cds don't have that feeling about them yet, and I don't mind how many times I play them. Those with the original albums and 45s will know what I mean.

Mike Rossiter UK
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2007
I can remember the first time I heard Timi sing "Hurt".

I was hypnotized by her voice. It was amazing to hear

this big voice come from this tiny girl.

If she had come on the scene today I think she would

have received the acclaim she deserves.

This talented artist was way before her time.

Unfortunately Timi also died before her time.
on July 27, 2008
This tiny lady Timi Yuro has one of the best voices that has been heard.
She is brilliant and should have been given the chance to go on further.
on August 6, 2012
I SAW HER VIDEO CLIP SINGING " HURT " AND FELL IN LOVE WITH HER VOICE.
MY SEARCH WAS ORIGINALLY FOR " LITTLE THINGS THAT MEAN A LOT " AND I FOUND
OUT IT WAS DIMI YURO. HER CD THAT I PURCHASED HAS HIT AFTER HIT AND HER
VOICE DELIVERED EVERY GOOSE BUMP THAT HER VOICE EVOKES.

YOURS TRUELY KIZZMETT
on June 9, 2013
I am glad to add this cd to my collection. I have been a fan of hers since I first heard her sing in the 60's. The cd came still in the package and not damaged.
on June 5, 2013
What a voice! First white girl to sing at the Apollo, apparently! Quit to have a family. Finally got her album!
on March 7, 2013
Timi still brings back fond memories! She has a very morable voice and I never get tired of hearing her sing!
on April 28, 2013
timi is the best. i'm so happy that her music is on cd now. get this music if you can its a must.
on May 1, 2016
Harkens to a time when a woman had to sing for a living. One of the greatest power singers who ever walked. Some of the production is pure schlock.
on July 29, 2016
We bought this for my father-in-law and he loves it! He would definitely recommend this CD.