- Age Range: 4 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 3
- Lexile Measure: AD500L (What's this?)
- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Publisher: Schwartz & Wade; 1 edition (January 26, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0375844635
- ISBN-13: 978-0375844638
- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 0.3 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,907,238 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1765 in Books > Children's Books > Animals > Rabbits
- #4528 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- #17915 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Very Big Bunny Hardcover – January 26, 2010
|New from||Used from|
Amelia the bunny knows all too well that it’s hard to be different. Despite her parents’ well-meaning assurances, the bunny finds her sizable stature a burden. On the playground, her classmates protest that she is too big to play with the other bunnies, so she spends recess alone. Then one day, Susannah, a pint-size bunny with pluck to spare, arrives in class. Her new classmates claim Susannah’s diminutive size prevents her from playing with them, too, but that doesn’t stop the spirited newcomer from seeking out a friend in Amelia and winning her over with a plan to make the two bunnies stand out in an entirely new way. Imbued with charming details that reward close inspection, Russo’s vivid gouache illustrations are a lively counterpart to the text’s refreshingly real-life tone and spot-on dialogue and classroom situations. A rewarding title for discussions on fitting in, bullying, and accepting and appreciating differences. Preschool-Grade 1. --Kristen McKulski
About the Author
Marisabina Russo is the author and illustrator of numerous books for children, including The Line Up Book, which won the International Reading Association Award; Come Back, Hannah!, which was named a Charlotte Zolotow Highly Commended book; and most recently, The Bunnies Are Not in Their Beds. She lives in Westchester County, New York.