Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Chris young Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 19, 2015
Love this umbrella! Perfect for the rainy season. Need a different umbrella if you're looking for shade. It's classic children book's character. My child love it and received many compliments. Her classmate love it and went to buy the same one, once she saw my child with it. Used for 2 years now and never had any problem. There is a powdery film on it, when new. I think it's just to protect the umbrella when it's new for better storage. Anyway, after a good wash, it's nice and clear and not smelly. So far nothing came apart.
on April 21, 2016
this thing is junk!! it fell apart right after getting it!! the band that holds it together fell off and there was a weird powder all over it. It bent in half the first time my daughter used it. Needless to say - it was a waste of money. I was so excited about it too - because it's so cute and it's the bubble see-through kind so I thought it would be easy for my daughter to use but.... Not happy with it at all!!
on December 5, 2015
Bought this for my 3 year old daughter because we moved from San Diego where it never rains to central Texas where it seems to rain ALOT. She loves it!! It's easy for her to open and close and is just the right size. It's bubble shape and the ability to see through it keeps her nice and dry. She also loves the Hungry Caterpillar and all the bright colors. I would definitely recommend.
Everyone is right about the smell but I put it outside when I first got it because I had read the earlier reviews. After letting it air out for awhile, it's been fine. I bought a similar adult umbrella and it was the same way. Plastic smell.
on August 26, 2017
Be sure to buy one for each of your kids because they will fight over it!
on December 31, 2016
Perfect size for kids. When opened it had white powdery coating on it and smelled funny (like packaging) we wiped it with a bleach cloth and aired it out over night. Better but not much better yet. Will try again. Really cute though and my 3 year old loves it. Pulls up and down easy and he can tuck it down over his head for good coverage but still see through it.
on July 15, 2016
I got this for my 3 year old and he has used it twice from the house to the garage with my supervision. On the second use, I noticed that one of the seams near the top was gaping open. I unfortunately paid $20 for it, thinking that it was a good quality kids umbrella, however, it's no better than any other. It should not have this problem with 2 brief uses. I would not recommend it at this price.
on December 25, 2015
I gave it two stars because I still love the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and my child likes the umbrella. As many others have complained, I had to clean a white powder out of the inside and outside. And, it does have a harsh plastic smell when taken out of the plastic bag. The umbrella we got had two small holes along the seams. We noticed these holes the first time we opened it. I don't even feel like going through the hassle of returning or exchanging it.
on June 22, 2015
Cute design, but the quality isn't great. The cover is made out of a thin plastic. Two of the plastic tabs that hold the cover on the spokes came off immediately and keep coming off now--they don't clip in place, looks like I'll have to glue them on. Overall, a bad value for the high price. Also, both umbrellas I received came out of their packages covered in a sticky white powder that took some effort to wash off, and emitting a strong chemical odor that took a good week to dissipate.
on June 12, 2011
I bought this for my 3 yr old granddaughter and she loves it. The plastic seems durable and she can open and close it without pinching her fingers. I especially like that she can see where she's going while staying dry.
on February 25, 2015
So disappointing. The construction is cheap. We had to throw it away after just a few uses because it started to fall apart and it became a hazard. It's obviously for kids, so the manufacturer/designer should know to make it more durable and less dangerous! My daughter could have poked her eye out - or someone else's!

The only reason I gave it two stars - instead of just one - is because it's super cute. Still hardly worth it.