Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,614 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,197 reviews
on January 4, 2013
I used these letters + ribbon to make a Happy Birthday banner for my son. It worked well, the cards are on a medium thickness card stock, a bit thicker than index card thick, but not nearly so thick, say as the Eric Carle Letter Cards.

Each Letter is a circle that is 5 1/4" in diameter and brightly colored in the Eric Carle style of collage-y animal backgrounds, so not a solid background. They are very pretty. There are 72 alphabet tiles, and 8 animal tiles. There are 5 yards of ribbon that is in a light lilac/periwinkle blue, decent quality, some cotton-synthetic blend. Each letter circle has two little rectangular slats so that you can thread the ribbon through, that works very easily, there was no issue there. Because the letters are strung through two slats, they stay in position on the ribbon, but can easily be slid along to where you want them to go, they still in spot even if hung at an angle.

Here are the letter counts, there are:
5 - A, E
4 - H, O
3 - B, C, D, G, I, L, M, N, P*, R, S, T, Y*
2 - F, J, K, U, V, W
1 - Q, X, Z
* = After spelling 'Happy Birthday' you'll have only one 'P' and one 'Y' left, in case that's important to your child's name.

The animals are on a white background, and, as expected, are the Eric Carle animals: Caterpillar, Butterfly, Frog, Elephant, Bear, Hippo, Peacock, and Giraffe

The package itself is a small format, at 7"x5.5", nice presentation. Made in China for those who are interested.

It worked really well for us, I was surprised actually, I wasn't expecting a lot, but really liked the results, and received compliments.
on November 2, 2015
I didn't realize it was a small book - assuming it was full size like what we saw in the classroom.
on August 2, 2013
I bought these wall decals to use to decorate our dining room wall for our babies 1st birthday. I was really impressed with the quality and colours and they came off really easily two days later. Unfortunately the butterfly and caterpillar decal are folded in the package they are packed in and have very large creases in them. The creases causes them to come off the wall and I found myself having to restick those two decals every couple of hours. This is a shame for an otherwise really great product. We liked them so much that we wanted to move them to my babies room but I couldn't be bothered having to keep re sticking them throughout the day, and what are the other stickers without the caterpillar and butterfly...they are the stars! I tried sticking them to my babies wardrobe which is a wood veneer and hey presto they stick wonderfully and while you can still see where the crease is in the caterpillar and butterfly, they aren't falling off. I am disappointed that I cannot stick them to the walls though. If only Eric Carle products would fix the packaging of this product so that the decals are crease free, then they would have a fantastic product here!
on June 2, 2017
A charmingly illustrated short story that matched what my 3 year old granddaughter was doing in her pre-pre-school. She loved it!
on June 26, 2017
Daughter's favorite going to ne next generation
on February 11, 2017
Very cute book.
on August 2, 2017
It was a gift.
on January 25, 2016
Too small for toddlers to enjoy
on August 10, 2017
True classic and should be in every child's library
on November 30, 2012
I got these for my son's 2nd birthday party. After reading the reviews, I knew that they came packaged such that the larger decals were folded. Some reviewers mentioned that the tack wasn't strong enough to hold the folded decals on the wall, and they're right. Because I was only using these for a party, it wasn't too big of a deal, but one side of the caterpillar had to be pushed back on the wall the entire time the decorations were up. (The butterfly would have done this as well, but I had it stuck to a mirror and the glass surface held better than the wall.) This would be a very big deal if you were trying to decorate a room with these long-term.