Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 214 reviews
on January 31, 2016
Cute book, but I had to replace the batteries. I realize the book was published in 1999 and batteries don't last forever. You can replace them for about $3, so just be sure to plan on that when you purchase the book. I wanted a light up book for my grand daughter and there aren't many out there to choose from. I always like Eric Carle books for children because they are brightly colored and eye appealing.
on March 16, 2017
It's a work of art! All of Earl Carle's books are lovely to look at and easy to read. It's a pure visual delight for the kids when they get to the last, lit up page in the hardcover version. Really nice and makes a good gift!
on November 27, 2013
I love Eric Carle's books, so I was very happy to find this adorable story on Amazon, with the wonderful added bonus of the lovely lit up fireflies. I bought this board book as a gift for a youngster in my life and it was very well received.

The only reason I am giving this a 3 star rating is that I bought the same book again for another gift, and the lights didn't work. I reordered it once more after that and the lights didn't work on that copy either. Amazon was great and refunded my purchase, but the delay caused by the two copies that didn't work caused quite a delay in sending my gift. I know that's the risk you take when ordering online, but I was hoping after my first great experience, that any future purchases would go just as smoothly.
on June 3, 2014
Just as many others commented on here, I at first thought the book we received either had dead batteries or was malfunctioning, as the lights didn't work on the last page. Thanks to another review I found here with one tiny hint, our book now works fantastically (with the original batteries). There is a tiny button black button (blends in very well with the sky colors) on the top left of the last page...press it (it took me 2 tries to "release it" - it was a spring-like action) and the lights will work without fail every time you open the last page thereafter.
on May 11, 2017
very disappointed that the batteries in the book didn't work. It's supposed to light up at the end but didn't.
on May 8, 2017
Prompt delivery and nice packaging. The lights worked great! My students loved the book! All Eric Carle books are amazing!!
on June 22, 2017
My twin toddlers love it, especially the lights. I had to buy a second copy so they can each sleep with one.
on June 11, 2017
Love Eric Carle's bright pictures and different stories. Want all his books. Baby loves this one!
on June 12, 2017
Love the surprise at the end. Lovely art work.
on December 22, 2013
when I opened the book from the plastic wrap, none of the lights were working when I turned to the page. There is a tiny button (blends very well) with the sky on the left hand side of the last page of the book. Once I had pressed and depressed it, the lights lit up. It's not a steady light, the bulbs are in a sequence.
Love the Eric Carle books - the ones with stories use real language with (more) sophisticated words than many children's books. Even the "What Do You See" books uses descriptive verbs. Plan to collect all of them.