Check Out Our Turntable Store
Need a new record player? Check out our turntable store for a great selection of turntables, needles, accessories, and more.
A Very She & Him Christmas (LP+MP3)
Frequently Bought Together
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Vinyl LP pressing of this 2011 holiday release. A Very She & Him Christmas is a wonderful collection of holiday tunes from two of music's most impressive artists Zooey Deschanel (She) & M. Ward (Him). Inspired by seminal holiday albums by the likes of The Carpenters, Vince Guaraldi, The Beach Boys, Elvis Presley and more, She & Him have set out to create an intimate holiday recording of Christmas classics that helps bring new emotions out of old songs.
With each purchase, a portion of proceeds from this album will be donated to 826National.
Top Customer Reviews
THE UNDENIABLY BRILLIANT:
- The Christmas Waltz. I've never been a huge fan of this song, but She & Him nailed it absolutely perfectly. Zooey's voice has never sounded better, the production is subtle but enhancing. I love love love this song. Will be playing it all Christmas '11 and probably forever after that.
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I love how they made this classic even slower and more romantic. It's an amazing mixture beautiful, relaxing, and extremely sexy.
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. A simple kick-snare beat and lush guitar mixes flawlessly with Zooey's voice to provide a live-like effect. It sounds like she's performing right in your living room!
- The Christmas Song. There's a lot of tough competition out there with this song, but She & Him's version is up there with the best.
- I'll Be Home for Christmas. Like "Have Yourself..." the tempo is slowed down a bit for this one too. It doesn't translate quite as well, but still a stunning rendition.
- Christmas Wish. We get to hear more of "Him" on this track, and though he's no Zooey, it provides gorgeous contrast to the rest of the album and is a lovely merry relaxer.
- Sleigh Ride. Unexpectedly mellow for this usually upbeat number, but still works well.Read more ›
My mom was a young newly wed during WWII and when I was a child (during the 50s and 60s)I loved to listen to her singing while she puttered around the house (surreptitiously, of course, didn't want to make her self conscious.) She was not a professional singer but had a lovely voice all the same. She sang song after song that sounded very much like this -- the same register, similar background music, a movingly adult-sounding alto voice. Zooey brightens it up a bit, but this album has sent me tripping down memory lane....
The WWII era had a lot in common with life right now in the US. Everything changing, people doing without basic necessities but keeping on all the same. This music has captured the soul of that time (now this time) with a haunting quality -- but not broody or melancholy -- that illustrates an ability to live in a way that was real and enjoy what they had, however meager.
It is obvious that Zooey loves to sing and with this album, she captures the mood of the post WWII era while sounding delightfully playful at the same time. I can't think of a better vehicle than a Christmas album to do this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I never realized how good a voice she has, excellent musicPublished 21 days ago by The Old Hippie, Army Veteran
Christmas Trite Cocktail: Pour one glass of eggnog and add liberal amounts of this CD. Yawn.
In the event you don't understand the word trite, here are some synonyms for... Read more
If any criticism can be made about this album is that it drips with sugary sentimentality. But its a Christmas album and that's really the point. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Tory
I like her music and voice. The selection of songs are good. My only complaint is the way she did the song "Baby, it's cold Outside
". Read more
Something about her voice makes me vomit. Good thing this was a gift for my wife and she thankful doesn't play it anymore on our long rides out to ikea.Published 7 months ago by Krazy with a K
This is my favorite Christmas album ever made. Zooey has an amazing voice. I loved putting this record on at my family's house around the holidays.Published 8 months ago by Dr. W