Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 242 reviews
on November 12, 2016
STEVIE NICKS....Silent Night & WHITNEY HOUSTON'S Do you Hear what I Hear....The BEST
At Christmas-time we like to stuff our family stockings with little odds & ends including techie gadgets, movies, music CDs and such... A few years ago I ran across these holiday mix CDs and decided to give 'em a go... and man-o-man are they a big hit Christmas morning! Now my wife looks for one of these CDs first thing Christmas morning so that she can put can load the songs right up and play them while we eat breakfast and open gifts.

Look at the artists included here... The Pretenders, Whitney Houston, Springsteen, Sting, U2, Run DMC, Stevie Nicks and more -- artists from our own teen days, so perfect for us.

In addition, access to the Amazon Music Cloud has been a gigantic bonus for us all! This set of songs, along with every other CD or MP3 download that we have purchased from Amazon since like 1999, has become available to be uploaded to the Cloud -- and we have taken full advantage of that opportunity. Now we can access this set of music and all the other music we have purchased from anywhere we have 'net access. Just outstanding!

If you are a fan of this theme music and the artists, then we highly recommend this 'album' and the Amazon Music Cloud service to all. If not sure, checkout the samples that Amazon provides to help you make a decision. Excellent for us.
on December 30, 2015
Silent Night, The Little Drummer Boy, Do You Hear What I Hear, and Baby, Please Come Home are the absolute best versions on this CD. I highly recommend this if you want to hear some great Christmas music.
on December 12, 2013
Bob Seger's "The Little Drummer Boy" is excellent. I ordered this CD for that song. Seger's rendition is very moving, and the music is artistic and well done. "Drummer Boy" gets a 5-star rating. I enjoyed "Winter Wonderland" by the Eurythmics, U2's "Christmas(Baby Please Come Home)", and Bon Jovi's "I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas".

Most of the other songs were, for me, just OK. I will admit to preferring traditional Christmas songs, by the original artists like Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, Perry Como, etc. Making a classic song "your own" usually doesn't work. My challenge to new singers would be to find new music and writers. Record a new song that will be Your hit, and will become a classic later on.
on January 2, 2014
This CD is the first in the series that benefits Special Olympics. It's my favorite. I love the songs and the artists that perform each song. It's a pleasant selection of Christmas Classics. Then there is the very surprising song "Christmas in Hollis" by Run D.M.C. I never expected such a "different" song to be in this otherwise classic compilation. And ironically enough I love the song, it makes laugh and smile...what could be better at the holidays!?! Laughter, joy, smiles, and lots of patients? I hope you enjoy the CD as much as I do.
on December 20, 2014
Years ago, I had found Stevie Nicks version of Silent Night (by far one of the best version I have ever heard). Recently I found out it was from this album which also contains the late Whitney Houston's Do You Hear What I Hear? (heard this song last year and feel in love with it). Overall, very good album, I always love compilations/various artist type albums as gives you a great variety of songs and styles.
on January 1, 2013
I fell in love with the Stevie Nicks version of Silent Night after hearing it on the radio. After a couple of years, I found out what CD I needed to purchase but couldn't find it when I had money or had money but couldn't find it. Well, each year a subsequent CD's came out and life being what it is, this CD was no longer important. When I came across it on Amazon, I knew the time was finally right and now I am the proud owner of my very own copy. I bought it used - better than local pawn shops. Very happy customer!
on December 26, 2013
Although I love my traditional Christmas music, I got this one when it first came out (before they changed Bon Jovi's from Back Door Santa to I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas) and lost my copy of it, so had to replace it, but this one is just as good with the alternate Bon Jovi song. I even love Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis and trust me, I'm NOT a fan of rap. It's a really cute song though. Definitely recommend this one for those who don't mind venturing out from the traditional Christmas music.
on January 13, 2015
I had it on cassette years ago so I bought the cd this year Chrissie Hyndes singing Have yourself a merry little Christmas is so emotional it makes you yearn for days gone by.The best version I've ever heard.And Run DMC'S SONG IS VERY COOL and I don't usually like Rap .Good bands from my era .I have listened to it on my way to dinner at my dads at Christmas allmost every year for 20 years
on January 2, 2014
I bought this tape as a gift for my brother. We had grown up listening to it during the holidays…..it is from 1987. I was thrilled to have found it and to see his face on Christmas when he opened it! It was the first gift opened so that we could enjoy playing it while we opened all the other gifts under the tree. It was great listening to it as we drove around looking at lights too!! Needless to say, we will once again enjoy it for years to come.