- File Size: 3427 KB
- Print Length: 106 pages
- Publisher: Broadway Books (June 10, 2014)
- Publication Date: June 10, 2014
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00K4C3RO0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #164,724 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
The Vessel: A Vanessa Michael Munroe Novella (Kindle Single) (Vanessa Michael Munroe Series) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 106 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $2.95 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to The Vessel: A Vanessa Michael Munroe Novella (Kindle Single) (Vanessa Michael Munroe Series)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This was the best 99 cents I've ever spent!!! A must read for fans, but if you haven't tried a Taylor Stevens novel, this novella is the perfect introduction.
The Vessel is a stand-alone story, with enough back-story to give some context for first-time readers of Stevens's books. But it is best enjoyed in the context of the series, especially as a follow-up to The Doll. Munroe is smart and stealthy, chameleon-like in her ability to blend in and sneak around. Whether staying the background to gather intel, or slipping back into the background after amassing a large body count, she leaves no trace.
Despite her vicious, murderous, revengeful streak, I root for Munroe because she is driven by compassion and justice. Like any good action hero, she is driven by a selfless pursuit to make wrongs right, seeking no recognition or gain for herself. If you read The Doll and ended up a little disappointed that Munroe was not able to get all the bad guys, pick up The Vessel. The bad guys get what's coming.
In her early life in east Africa, Vanessa "Michael" Munroe experienced extreme violence which has left her with demons but with violent survival skills second to none. She is a polyglot who speaks many languages and quickly picks up others. Michael is tall and slim and can become androgynous, changing her sex to survive in different environments, especially where females are treated as second class citizens. IMHO Michael's complex and dangerous character eclipses that of Stieg Larsson's Lisbeth Salander. I also think she has many of the self preservation instincts of Maya,(aka Jet) Russell Blake's popular kick-ass ex Mossad female protagonist.
This novella gives you a great introduction to this complex character and a preview of THE CATCH. I have read and really enjoyed an advanced copy of that book and highly recommend it, especially as it shows a more vulnerable Michael, operating again in third world countries in Africa.
The novella includes a conversation with the author which tells a lot more about the formation of the character and suggests to newcomers that they read the novella, then THE CATCH and then go back and read the rest in order. It also tells you more about how the author grew up as child labour in a cult commune, was made to beg in the streets and her education was limited. Her success in escaping that background and becoming a successful published author is especially praiseworthy.
I have read a lot of unsatisfying novellas that have been written just to promote an upcoming book. This one is different because it is well written and gives new readers a great introduction to the series and old readers some information that was deliberately/unfortunately missed from the previous book.
This novella shows fans of the series what happened during a period of time that was skipped through in THE DOLL. It is Michael in her purest form, and I love it! I wish there were ratings, higher than five stars available for this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Keep on writing - can't wait until the next one is released.
Helgard C. Riley
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense