|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$57.35 - $89.95 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Stretch Polyamide/Polyester/Hypalon
- Rubber sole
- Abrasion resistant stretch upper
- Convenient single hook and loop Velcro closure
- Vibram XS Trek performance rubber sole
- 10th Anniversary Limited Edition
- Designed for a superb glove-like fit
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
When you're scrambling up a Rocky bluff or bounding along a riverbank, the last thing you want is gravel and grit seeping into your Five Fingers. The KSO is and all-new design with thin, abrasion-resistant stretch polyamide and breathable stretch mesh that wraps your entire forefoot to keep stuff out. A single hook and loop closure helps secure the fit. Non-marking xs trek performance rubber soles are razor-siped for sure grip.
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01AT3FA9I
- Item model number: KSO-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 8, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
These are size M44 that are a tight fit on my feet because of very high arches, but as the uppers stretch this is not a problem. The fastening strap that goes around the heel is a huge bonus as it holds the shoe firmly in place. The soles are smoother than those on the the now discontinued leather KSO Trek, but that aside these are very similar in construction.
Some users might benefit from a slightly larger size than Vibram's size charts suggest (especially those who have very wide or high feet) and if so, the heel strap is very effective at keeping toes properly in their pockets. My other VFFs are M45, and are slightly large especially after stretching with use.
Very comfotable shoes, I'm still in training with the shoes, it makes my leg ache still. but I'm sure it will disappear soon as told in the description of how to use this shoe.
Shipment was very fast, it came to Turkey in 9 days or something.
1. The shoes are awesome "wet-shoes." They are ideal to protect your foot from sharp objects and to give you a rubber grip in various situations. Consider them when (a) walking on the beach, (b) wading in the water, (c) riding a jetski, (d) tubing down a river, (e) boating, (f) walking in a public shower. In many ways they are superior to sandals in some of these situations.
2. The shoes are great for traveling. They are small and light, and easily fit in a suitcase, a backpack, or a beach bag.
3. The shoes get extremely hot and stinky. The black soles really absorb the sun and the heat from the ground. They make my feet sweat and they retain the stink. You will need to rinse them out with fresh water frequently to keep them clean.
4. The shoes offer limited protection from puncture. If you step on a rock, or a sharp stick, chances are that you are going to feel it and it may hurt. For this reason you should use caution when using them for hiking on trials. Watch your step. Definitely do not wear on rocky trails or near cacti.
5. The shoes offer little impact resistance when running on pavement. I found myself trying to avoid the hard sidewalk so that I could let my feet hit the soft grass during my runs. My feet were getting sore from the impact of the unforgiving stone surface. Vibrams just don't offer the same padding as a conventional running shoe. For this reason I would prefer to use Vibrams for running on dirt and grass, or for shorter distances on roads/sidewalks.
6. The shoes gave me enormous calluses on my toes and base of my feet after using them for running for several weeks.
Overall I like them, but don't use them for everything. A Size 46 EU was equivalent to my Size 12 American foot.
If you can put in miles at a competitive pace these are great for building your calves. They will give you a next level burn. That being said, Please take it easy at first. Build up to running with these, as it has been recommended numerous times before. I let my pride get the best of me, which resulted in prolonged pain.
So I feel the need to add context to this review. This shoe is great for strengthening your feet, not calves.
You MUST have a neutral foot strike when using minimal shoes for running. The reason why I was experiencing excessive calf burn is because I was striking with the ball of the feet first, which is not recommended for long distances.