Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Vicious (Sinners of Saint Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- An epic deliciously wicked must read that will blow your mind and leave you with a massive book hangover.- Books and Boys BookBlog.
- This book totally lived up tothe hype and so much more. It's one of those books that as soon as you've finished you want to start it again. It's that good. - Kristina, For The Love of Books.
- WhatTheFuckityFuck this book was absolutely Alphatastic!!! Five stars really isn't enough for this one. L.J. Shen blew me away with this one. -Book Smacked.
- LJ Shen has done it again.Taken an absolutely HORRIBLE character and made him into a swoony motherfucker. Still a complete asshole, but a swoony one. - Mel's View.
- I absolutely have no idea where to start. This is probably the first book I've ever read that has left me speechless. And I'm not even lying. Literally no words are being formed in my head to describe how much I love this book. - Togan Book Lover.
- It was amazing and thought provoking, staying with me long after the last word was read.- Rosa Sharon,iScream Books.
- Eeek, I can't believe it! One of the most anticipated books of the year - heck, ever - and I totally devoured it in one sitting. What is it if not love at first read? Jesus, what will I do afterthat? I just simply can't get over this mind-blowing story. - Rebecca, Little Red Reading Hood.
- This book right here blew my FUCKING MIND!! Just wow. I loved Sparrow, Tyed, and Blood to Dust, but Vicious....... he became my one and only! - Julia, The Romance Rebels.
- He's a Bona-fide, "take your heart and crush it under his foot","Ruin your life" badass. He puts all the other Bad Boys to shame.- Shabby Arora, BookBistro Blog.
- It's official. L.J. Shen is a witch. How else could the woman possibly crawl inside my mind and create a story that seriously felt custom written for me? -Lana, Dirty Girl Romance.
- I couldn't have wished to have had a better initiation into Ms Shen's storytelling, too. The editing and proofreading which I give a lot of importance to was faultless. Bravo ma'am - Sharon, KKF Forever.
- LJ Shen has created an addictive story line with characters that will frustrate you to no end. - Lina's Reviews Book Blog.
- L.J. Shen pulled off a fucktastic slow burning story of alpha dominance and pain! Which can only describe Vicious! - Heather, QueenZany.
- Vicious is everything. Cover, story, sexiness, characters, heat level. Everything was just perfection. - The Romantic Book Angel.
- Enemies to lovers at it's very best it's also a second chance with a twist. - Lisa's Bookluscious Blog.
- I was completely bowled over by this book, the story flowed really well and the writing was as close to flawless as it could be. - Confessions of a Book Geek.
About the Author
L.J. Shen is a USA Today and Amazon #1 Best-selling author of contemporary and YA romance. Her books are translated into several languages. She lives in California with her husband and son, and enjoys good wine, bad reality TV shows and catching sun rays with her lazy cat.
Christian Rummel is an actor and VO artist.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- ASIN : B01NCQOPFD
- Publication date : December 27, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 3066 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 340 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #551 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really wish Emilia could've found someone else who deserved her because Vic did not. He didn't deserve any woman and neither do his friends who treat all women like warm wet holes until they're bored. To say I won't be reading any of the books after this is probably a given.
Vic and Em story started in high school at All Saints High and they had a love/hate relationship. They were both secretly in love with each other, but treated one another like enemies. Vicious dealt with his feelings by pushing her away and being a complete arse. Emilia took it, more or less, because she wanted anything he would give her. Until she was just done.
Em tried to move on. Dating a nice guy that treated her right, like a queen. A guy that was also one of V's best friends. So you can imagine how well that went over. There were a lot of times I wanted to kick V in the junk. And other times I wanted to shake Emilia and tell her to stop being such a doormat.
Years pass and Vicious runs into Emilia and pursues her. The years have done her well. She is no longer a doormat for people to walk all over. Will she give him the time of day when he finally pulls his head out of his bum and tells her how he feels?
It was like a holy choir singing Hallelujah when they gave in to the pull that's been there since high school! I loved this book! I loved the angst. I loved the characters. This book had it all and I highly recommend you read it!
They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares.
He is a brilliant lawyer.
A skilled criminal.
A beautiful liar.
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.
She is a starving artist.
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom.
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down.
She paid the price.
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate.
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t.
Wow!!! This was my first book I read of Ms. Shen & absolutely loved it! Emilia's & Vicious story was beautifully written and had me on an emotional roller coaster!! I loved watching these two grow in their relationship! This is a must read!
So she hates me. Big deal.
She better get used to me.
Top reviews from other countries
Vicious is a troubled guy and Emilia happens to be his target so a hate relationship follows from teens and continues as adults, with Vicious tormenting, pushing and teasing Emilia but she is one girl who can stand her ground unafraid to go against Vicious and butt heads as he tries to bring her down, and constantly tries to put her in her place as only being the hired help, adamant in denying his feelings for her whilst still trying to own her. The spark and banter between Vicious and Emilia as they riled each other up was so entertaining and hot as hell just craving that first kiss, that first moment where everything explodes and there’s no turning back. I loved and appreciated that the story was told in dual pov of Emilia and Vicious.
This book has a love to hate you vibe, with cruel intentions, the bad boy v the good girl, mixed with suspense, betrayal, sacrifices, heartache, redemption, bad boys, friendship, facing consequences, ego, sexy scenes, sweet moments all delivered by one sexy possessive badass, Baron Spencer aka Vicious.
Vicious was my first read by L.J Shen, I loved her writing style and her alpha men, its one of my favourite reads of 2017 and left me in a worse case of book hangovers! Fans of Bully by Penelope Douglas and Fear me by B.B Reid will love this!
It was sad and emotional in parts and i did actually have a little cry when she said " What do you want?" to Vicious nearly at the end and he said
"You just you". It was slow in at times but it was great to get to know all the hot holes and build up there characters. i did find Rosie a bit weak but a book on her and Hal could be an interesting one.
Vicious was so horrible nearly the whole way through the book. It seemed like he was never gonna come out of the dark side. He had alot of bitterness and anger and he seemed to love taking out on Help.
Emiliea was a fantastic character and one i will not forget. She was strong and sassy and determinded.
This was an easy 5 stars for me.
Defy is L J Shen next one i may read but it will be hard to beat Vicious.
"Lust is when you want the person to make you feel good. Love is when you want to make the other person feel good"
Emilia LeBlanc, will do anything to help her little sister including taking a job with a man she hates, a man who made her school life hell, a man that pushed her out of Todos Santos.
Baron 'Vicious' Spencer, is going to need help so when he runs into Help, the girl he tormented through school, he knows exactly how to get her to say yes to his plan by using her love and family loyalty against her.
Vicious hurt Emilia when they were in school, not physically but emotionally and at first I wanted Emilia to hurt Vicious in the same way. But when he started to open up and tell her his secrets and show his weakness, I was hoping that she would forgive him and see him for the broken HotHole he is.
I was so invested in their story from the start. Their hatred for each other, their friendship and their relationship. I loved the writing style and the way the story progressed. I loved the flashbacks to their school days. I found it hard to put down.
If you like an enemies to lovers read, you'll like this.
Vicious and Emilia have known each other since they were 18, when Millie’s parents started working on the Spencer estate. Vicious takes an instant disliking to Millie, who has no idea why, and from there, bullying and other awful events take place, leading to Millie being driven out of their town, Todos Santos, after graduation. When they meet again ten years later, Vicious is the same merciless man, and the minute Emilia Le Blanc reappears in his life, he knows he can use her to his advantage to get the revenge he so desperately wants.
Vicious Spencer is the world’s biggest a$$hole. He is ruthless and cruel, he lives up to his nickname time and time again, and he is the most outwardly awful member of the Four HotHoles. Vic is everything men want to be, gorgeous, rich, powerful and a player. But he has deep rooted issues, which mean he treats everyone except his three closes friends as temporary and never makes meaningful connections, even though it’s clear he is capable of love through his friendship with the boys, he’s just picky over who’s worthy of it. He has secrets and a past and has spent years planning revenge on those who did him wrong. He is vindictive and callous, hiding his pain behind an angry façade so when Emilia turns up at his door, she immediately has a target on her back, because she is so good.
Emilia is sweet and light, both at 18 and ten years later, when she is living in New York caring for her younger sister Rosie, who has cystic fibrosis. She is the only person in the world who is immune to Vicious and his cruel ways, she stands up to him and gives it back. ‘Her indifference to my power somewhat disarmed me’ is the perfect quote to describe how Emilia is around Vic. She is also the good that he most desperately wants but doesn’t think he is deserving of. Her refusal to compromise is outstanding and she challenges Vicious every step of the way. Sometimes it’s hard to see the love between them, but the more you read, you see that their relationship is blurred, just like the line between love and hate. His awful actions as a teenager and also ten years later are barely forgivable, but when he reveals his truth to Millie, you can begin to understand the man behind the monster and fall in love with him too.
Vicious’ character evolves rapidly throughout this book as he lets down the wall to Millie and I loved him. He shouldn’t be likable, but he is, especially as he spends more time with Millie, not just for his need for revenge. He feels so guilty about what he did to her in the past, he knows he was wrong, and that’s why he was so different to other bully’s in romance novels, he feels remorse. He always loved her, he just didn’t want anyone else to have her until he was ready. Their attraction is strong, and their coupling is inevitable.
The other FHH, Trent, Jamie, and Dean, are very similar to Vicious in terms of how they live their lives, but I know that they too have reasons for behaving the way they do. These men don’t act like a$$holes for the sake of it, they have reasons which they keep buried, not even revealing them to each other. I loved revisiting Jaime and Mel and seeing the start Trent and Dean’s story’s play out has me hooked again. None of these men are finding their HEAs through the conventional way and that’s what makes their stories even more memorable and intriguing.
Vicious is told in dual-pov which is needed for this type of book to truly understand how the mind of Vicious Spencer works, it’s the perfect dark enemies to more read. An alpha possessive hero who you want to hate but can’t help but love (I don’t know how LJ does that, so many books with similar H I just dislike them). A heroine who will fight for herself and stand up to others but is so open and accepting with the man she loves. Scenes which will make you swoon, but also make you blush and light the pages of the book on fire. A plot which grips you from start to finish and twists you can’t see coming, the ending was perfect and showed how much he had changed, because you will learn the Vicious never does something he doesn’t want to do. I am re-reading this series for a second time and I actually forgot how much I loved Vicious Spencer.