Vicks Mini Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier, Small Room, .5 Gallon Tank, Blue – Visible Mist Small Humidifier for Bedrooms, Baby Nurseries and More, Works with Vicks VapoPads
Enhance your purchase
|Special Feature||Auto Shut Off|
|Filter Type||Cold Catalyst|
About this item
- FILTER-FREE COOL MIST HUMIDIFER – Vicks Mini Cool Mist Humidifier is an essential part of a good night’s sleep when family members are sick, during allergy season or when the air is dry It also works with Vicks VapoPads for extra soothing comfort
- QUICK AND EASY TO USE – Vicks filter-free humidifiers don’t require replacement filters With a 5 gallon tank, you can enjoy a visible cool mist for up to 20 hours It’s quiet, too, making it a great choice for your bedroom or as a baby humidifier
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF – Filterless humidifiers for the home can be helpful during cold and flu season, when it’s difficult to sleep with a cough and congestion A humidifier or vaporizer can provide temporary relief by adding necessary moisture to the air
- HUMIDIFIERS FOR BEDROOM AND MORE – A cool mist humidifier is great for a baby, young children and adults, and fits perfectly into any room Use them when the air is dry, in allergy season, when sick or even just to maintain optimal indoor humidity levels
- A CENTURY OF POWERFUL RELIEF– At Vicks, we believe that everyone deserves a touch of care Our line of humidifiers, steam inhalers and vaporizers help you breathe better and sleep more comfortably, wherever you are
From the manufacturer
A filter free design means you won’t need to replace filters, and the wide tank opening allows for easy filling and cleaning.
Easily adjust output to create a personalized level of comfort.
Vicks VapoPads are the best way to get soothing, aromatic vapors with your humidifier. Each pad provides up to 8 hours of soothing vapors. Choose from the original soothing menthol vapors or comforting sleepy time scent with menthol, eucalyptus, rosemary and lavender.One sample pad included.
The Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier creates cool, visible mist to help temporarily relieve cough and congestion symptoms for better breathing and more comfortable sleep. Designed for small rooms, this 0.5-gallon personal humidifier has adjustable mist control to regulate the humidity level. The air humidifier can operate for up to 20 hours on the lowest setting, and it automatically shuts off when the tank is empty. The transparent tank has a wide opening that makes it easy to fill, use, and clean. This Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier utilizes ultrasonic technology for whisper-quiet operation that won't disturb sleep, and it has a built-in soft glow nightlight. The Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier requires no filters and works with Vicks VapoPads, so you can add soothing menthol vapors for added comfort. A sample Vicks VapoPad is included.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 8.3 x 8.3 x 9.13 inches; 2.95 Pounds
- Manufacturer recommended age : 6 months - 3 years
- Item model number : VUL520W
- Date First Available : August 13, 2014
- Manufacturer : Vicks
- ASIN : B00MOI5QUU
- Country of Origin : China
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
| || |
Vicks Filter-Free 3-in-1 SleepyTime Humidifier, Diffuser and Night-Light, Visible Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Essential Oil Diffuser for Baby and Kids, White, Standard
Vicks Filtered Cool Mist Humidifier, Medium Room, 1.1 Gallon Tank - Humidifier for Baby and Kids Rooms, Bedrooms and More, Works with Vicks VapoPads
Vicks Sweet Dreams Cool Mist Humidifier, Blue, Medium Room, 1 Gallon Tank – Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier for Baby and Kids Rooms with Light Up Display, Works with Vicks VapoPads
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier, Small to Medium Rooms, 1 Gallon Tank – Vaporizer and Warm Mist Humidifier for Baby and Kids Rooms, Bedrooms and More
Vicks Ultrasonic Humidifier Cool Mist Humidifier to Help Relieve Cold and Flu Symptoms
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Brand Name||PUR||Vicks||Vicks||Vicks||PUR||HONEYWELL/KAZ HOME ENVIRONME|
|Capacity||0.5 gallons||0.6 gallons||1.1 gallons||0.5 gallons||1.0 gallons||1 gallons|
|Floor Area||250 cm||—||200 centifarad||—||—||—|
|Item Dimensions||8.3 x 8.3 x 9.13 inches||8.6 x 8.15 x 8.23 inches||9.84 x 9.65 x 10.82 inches||11.2 x 11.56 x 12.94 inches||12 x 7.88 x 14.25 inches||13.25 x 11.5 x 8.12 inches|
|Item Weight||2.95 lbs||3.70 lbs||6.33 lbs||5.50 lbs||4.41 lbs||0.74 lbs|
|Material||Quiet Operation||—||Plastic||ERROR: #N/A||Plastic||Plastic|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||ERROR: #N/A||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Runtime||20.0 hours||24.0 hours||24 hours||24.0 hours||24.0 hours||24.0 hours|
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By contrast, at home I use a Vicks brand local area humidifier on a table next to my bed, to keep the air around myself reasonably moist as I sleep.....I have a whole-house humidifier on my furnace, but these only work when the furnace is actually heating, and at night the furnace does not run very much of the time since I set the thermostat low at night. But my experience with that Vicks unit convinced me to look at their product line again for something I could use on my desktop at work.
Note that there are several ways that smaller humidifiers work:
- Put a spinning plastic cone into the water basin, and the water wicks up the sides of the cone until above the water line, where centrifugal force flings the water off in a fine spray, and a fan sucks air through this spray before blowing it out into the room. This is pretty old technology, and if you use hard water, your room will soon be covered in a fine white powder of calcium dust.
- Rotate an absorbent screen through a basin of water, then blow air through the screen as it exits the water, and the humidified air blows out into the room. These tend to build up scale and crud on the filter, they then dot be for use with entire rooms, not just a local area, and they can be fairly large.
- Feed water from a tank into a crucible where it is boiled by an electric heating element, and the steam exits into the room; these are often fan-assisted to get the steam exiting to disperse over a wider area more quickly. These have an advantage that their high temperature kills or disrupts any bacteria and/or most viruses. But if you have any minerals or sediment in your water, you will need to periodically clean the scale from the heating crucible and associated parts. This is the kind I have in my bedroom, and even though I only put distilled water into its two tanks, I still have to clean it a couple times each season.
- Dribble water from a tank onto an ultrasonically vibrating diaphragm (or wick water from a tank into the surface of the diaphragm), which instantly mists or 'atomizes' the water into a cool mist. Smaller units of this type just let the mist drift away on its own, better/bigger units use a small fan to blow air into the ultrasonic misting chamber, which then propels the mist forcefully out into the room. If your water has any solids (sediment or minerals), it can clog up the works or build up on the diaphragm which prevents it from functioning correctly. This is the kind of technology use on the Vicks humidifier being reviewed here. Once again, I use only distilled water in this kind of humidifier to virtually eliminate most cleaning. I use a home water distiller which I bought from Amazon, and it makes a gallon of distilled water from tap water every few hours, up to about three gallons every 24 hours.
OK, so this particular Vicks "Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier" has an attractive look, sturdy all-plastic build quality, and simple, easy to use operation. Its water tank holds about 1/2 gallon, which is about enough to last for a typical 8 hour workday with the unit's humidity setting turned full-up ( which is the recommended setting....you only turn it down if the air is already so humid that water starts beading up on the unit).
Every morning, I lift the tank off the unit and turn it upside down, open the filling hatch and pout in a half gallon of distilled water, close the hatch and replace the tank on top of the units' base. This opens and automatic water valve that lets water from the tank dribble down to the ultrasonic chamber. A small electric fan in the base blows air up into the ultrasonic chamber, picks up the atomized mist, and blows it out the discharge hole in the top of the humidifier, where it shoots a couple feet up and away before dissipating into the air.
Below the humidity setting knob is a small hatch where you can optionally insert any of the recommended 'scent' packs, which are basically like little odorizers. I think one free pack came with the unit, but I threw it away without looking at it (or using it). It was probably a Vicks eucalyptus pack, or something similar.
If you need to clean the unit, you remove and empty the water tank, switch some white vinegar around and then rinse and drain. Then also put white vinegar into the ultrasonic chamber, let is sock for a while, then drain, rinse and drain again. I don't need to do this often since I use the distilled water.
This unit is powered by plugging it directly into an AC outlet or outlet strip. Since it has no heater and neither the small fan or ultrasonic element take much power, it is pretty energy efficient.
Its size allows it to sit nicely on my desktop, without getting in the way.
I found the unit to be whisper quiet, although the closer you position it to where you sit, the more fan noise you can expect to hear.
I expect this unit to last for many years, based on my previous experience with Vicks brand humidifiers.
By Erika Gonzalez on November 29, 2022
For cleaning I use q-tip for the hard to reach areas. The only issue is that sometimes when I open to empty in the morning the seal is really tight and hard to twist.
I had one that I ran non stop without maintaining it as well and it was the cause of a burning smell in my kitchen a couple years ago.
One issue is that the humidifier is so tight inside the box that it is not simple to just remove and the box needs to be torn apart.
I have asthma and live in Los Angeles - this has helped me sleep restfully and maintain moisture in my room and I am never sick.
I have saved the vapo pads and use them in winter time The scent is not overwhelming and lasts a few weeks before having to toss. The vapo pads come in a plastic white sealed pouch.
The mini humidifier fits on small end table, mist is not too noticeable and the chord is plenty long. There is a handle to lift and carry to add and remove water. I prefer to use bottled water. I fill to the top line and always have water left in the morning, no matter how high I fill it up. I always remove left over water after turning it off.
By Marisol Cancel on August 20, 2022
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.