Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 41-50 of 136 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 377 reviews
on February 21, 2016
My home is very dry so I have the humidifier on whenever I'm home. It's helped with my allergies. My eyes aren't as dry and itchy in the morning.
on August 13, 2016
It serves the purpose but on high it mists the whole room and squirts out way to much water than it should.
on November 4, 2014
I love that I can turn it on high and get a room humidified fast. Easy to fill up and easy to empty and its filter free, so I saved a lot of money.
on September 27, 2016
This humidifier worked for about 1 month and then the motor failed. Disappointing!
on January 15, 2016
Really like this - nice flow of cold vapors - the light is kinda bright but it looks nice. Has a hum and vibration but not annoying
on April 24, 2016
Loud! It does work well, but the noise is ridiculous. I like how the filter ball has a place on the lid.
on May 3, 2011
I purchased the Vicks 4500 on 3/27/11. It was 3 days late arriving based on the confirmation e-mail, so I was disappointed with that. ***Although purchased on Amazon.com, it was not shipped through Amazon*** In the past month I have been pleased with my Vicks product. It is not as quiet as I hoped, but not a problem. I compared it to the ultra quiet Vicks 745A, the highly rated Warm Mist unit. I used that model during the winter months and the two CAN'T be compared. I have gotten use to the difference in the level of sound between the two units and the low setting is fine at night in my bedroom, while medium is used during the day in the larger family room. The humidity is greatly improved and I am not suffering with nose bleeds or painful dryness in my nose. The hum on the low setting is really not that annoying--it is actually a little soothing at night. I live in a hard water area so I only use filtered water from the PUR water system. I have not had a problem with either mineral dust on furniture/floor as others have described, nor with scaly build up in/on the unit. The manual is very useful if you follow the cleaning instructions to the letter. I found I missed one step in the cleaning process when I failed to REMOVE the water pick up tube from the bottom of the motor housing to soak it weekly in vinegar for 5 minutes. The unit would only work on the highest humidistat setting if that step is missed. I was ready to ship the V4500 back, but reread the manual instead and tried what I read. I also found that it helps to allow the unit to dry out after 2-3 days when it is used 24/7 as I use it. It only needs 2-3 hours. So when I take it apart to rinse it or clean it with vinegar, I allow it to dry out before setting it up for use again. When I don't do this I have the same problem with the humidistat as described above. I love the large opening in the bottom of the water tank making it so easy to clean the inside of the tank. The V745A is missing that feature to clean it well. Overall, I am happy with my V4500. The selling price through Amazon was less than the Walmart price also.
on January 23, 2014
i have other humidifiers of different brands and none of them are this crazy loud! my husband likes noise at night, but even this is too loud for him...i wish i could return it....I have to fill it every day too....
on August 28, 2016
Ordered this for my daughters room in April, stopped working by August.
on July 13, 2016
Works great. love that it does not use a filter that gets plugged over time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.