Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.70 shipping
Victor The Black Box Gopher Trap 0625
|Price:||$12.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Choker loop-style gopher trap
- More effective than conventional wire claw and box traps
- Weather-resistant plastic and galvanized steel loop for superior strength and durability
- Can be used in all soil types
- For clean and quick trapping
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||4 x 6 x 7 inches|
|Item Weight||0.87 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||0625|
|Shipping Weight||0.9 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
This new plastic version works as well and doesn't get damaged by weather but costs significantly more than other open trap types. However, they work better than any other trap I've used as they are easy to set, no wounded gophers (never seen a live one yet)and will get the gopher 4 out of 5 times. That said, here's some observations:
1. To find a gopher run, take a pointed steel rod (I have one with a cross handle on the top and a stepping bar on one side toward the bottom). Go around the outside of the latest gopher mound inserting the rod 6-12" into the ground and about 12" apart. When the rod "falls" through the ground after initial insertion, you've found the tunnel. Take a square head spade and dig a square hole , flat bottom, with the tunnel at either or both ends. (Use two traps or seal one tunnel if your in the middle of a run). Butt the set trap up tight against the tunnel. Lightly cover the top of the trap with dirt (grass over the tiny gaps where the metal parts enter the trap, then dirt).Read more ›
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-5-VICTOR (1-855-584-2867).
Consumer Relations Representative
THESE TRAPS HOWEVER: WORK GREAT
Ive never liked traps because theyd say something like "find the main gopher tunnel, and then place it in there...etc" And Id think "ya right, point ONE out to me and Id be GLAD to do just that..."
Ive killed 4 gophers so far using these traps. Two yesterday, and one so far today (=3 dead gophers) and one a couple days ago...
What I have found effective SO FAR (still getting the "hang of it") is to EITHER:
1) find an OPEN HOLE and use a stick and "TRY TO" determine which direction it leads, and THEN dig an opening in that direction about 1-2 feet AWAY from its opening large enough to put TWO of these traps inside it BACK TO BACK. THEN (set the traps) put them inside, cover up ALL the holes so NO LIGHT PASSES INTO the tunnel. And WAIT - come back in an hour Im sure MOST LIKELY you got one! no kidding, see my uploaded pictures.
Ive gotten 1 this way
2) IF YOU FIND A HOLE THAT IS CLOSED / PLUGGED **AND** THE DIRT PLUGGING IT IS "POWDERY" (is literally the consistency of powder) THEN (most likely) a gopher is INSIDE THAT TUNNEL.
In THIS SCENARIO put ONE TRAP facing INTO the tunnel, cover up all holes so NO LIGHT can enter. Come back in about an hour, or the next day (for me 1 hour is suffice) AND *ALMOST CERTAIN* YOU CAUGHT ONE!Read more ›
I had used poison pellets, smoke bombs, water hose, and those silly sonic devices... nothing worked and those gophers were probably laughing at me. With the Blackbox, it's nearly a sure thing. Also, you actually get to see the results with a dead gopher right in front of you, unlike smoke bombs and poison which are always a guessing game as to whether or not they actually did their job.
Within 2 day of getting this product, I had already caught 3 gophers. One of those gophers was caught less than 1 hour after I set the trap. Free lunch on my property is now officially over.
The key to the effectiveness of this trap is to find a freshly dug up gopher mound.
My sure kill method:
1) Find a freshly dug up gopher mound.
2) Dig out the mound until you find the tunnel.
3) Place the activated trap flush with the entrance of the tunnel, with the small round hole (on one side of the trap) facing outward.
4) Cover up the gaps at the top, sides and bottom of the trap with dirt so that it looks like the tunnel extends into the Blackbox, but make sure the opening to the trap is unobstructed from inside their tunnel.Read more ›
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-5-VICTOR (1-855-584-2867).
Consumer Relations Representative
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This trap works great and it's not dangerous to pets like the spike traps are.Published 2 days ago by David Engel
It works quite well. As recommended, I bought two traps. I found a fresh mound and plunged rebar all around it to find their tunnel. Read morePublished 9 days ago by WT
Like many others here, I tried a number of different methods such as poison, gas, water hose, etc when a gopher moved into our backyard after freshly laying sod down. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
i've caught about 10 rats and 3 gophers with these traps over the past few years. i've never had a trap triggered and failed to catch a rat/gopher. Read morePublished 18 days ago by kglad