Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Knife Set, 4-Piece
Enhance your purchase
|Blade Material||Stainless Steel|
|Handle Material||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19.5 x 6.75 x 1.75 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- FOR HOME CHEFS & PROFESSIONALS. This 4-piece Fibrox Pro Chef's Set contains a chef’s, bread, utility, and paring knife. Each is crafted with high carbon stainless steel, conical ground, and ice tempered to ensure long-lasting sharpness.
- ONE FOR EACH TASK. Designed with a bolsterless edge that allows for easier sharpening and entire blade use for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing. So whether you're slicing bread or mincing shallots, these knives have you covered.
- EASY HANDLING. Each knife features an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle that's textured for a non-slip grip -- even when wet. These exceptional knives are weighted and balanced for easy handling.
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS. Stainless steel blades; This set includes a 8" chef knife, 10.25" bread knife, 6" utility knife, 4" paring knife. Meets the strict National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) standards for public health protection.
- TRUSTED SWISS QUALITY. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
Customer ratings by feature
Special offers and product promotions
- Get 50% off gift wrap service with code GIFTWRAP50. Offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
In 1884, Karl Elsener opened his cutler’s workshop in Ibach-Schwyz. At this time Switzerland was still one of the poorer countries in Europe. In the early years Karl Elsener worked to combat poverty and unemployment in the Schwyz basin, creating jobs and helping stem the flow of emigration.
In 1891 he supplied the soldier’s knife to the Swiss Army for the first time. He went on to develop the Swiss Officer’s and Sports Knife – now the iconic Swiss Army Knife – in 1897, creating the foundation for a flourishing company that would be able to hold its own on the world stage.
From then on, his spirit of solidarity, deep roots in the region and strong commitment to solid values shaped the Victorinox company philosophy.
Today, Victorinox is a global company with five product categories: Swiss Army Knives, Household and Professional Knives, Watches, Travel Gear and Fragrances. The Swiss Army Knife is the core product and has a pioneering role in the development of all product categories.
Compare with similar items
| || |
Victorinox 6.8063.20-X1 Swiss Classic 3-Piece Chef's Set, 3-Inch, Black
Victorinox 8-Piece Knife Block Set
Victorinox Fibrox Pro 3-Piece Paring Knife Set
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch
Victorinox 6 Inch Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Brilliant Deal's||Amazon.com||Brilliant Deal's||Amazon.com||Brilliant Deal's|
|Material||Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||—||man-made-material, stainless-steel||Stainless Steel|
A TRUSTED FAVORITE
Preferred by both home chefs and culinary professionals, the 4-Piece Victorinox Fibrox Chef's Knife Set can handle nearly every kitchen task imaginable. Crafted with comfortable handles, superior weight and balance, and razor sharp edges that rarely require re-sharpening, these knives are essential tools for every kitchen.
- High-quality, lightweight European steel.
- Handle design reduces hand and wrist fatigue.
- Fit for dicing, mincing, chopping, slicing, and shredding.
- Long, sloping curved blade that “rocks” for effortless mincing and chopping.
- Flat spine for extra power to slice through hard-skinned items.
- Textured handle for a secure and comfortable grip no matter the hand size.
- National Sanitary Foundation (NSF) approved and dishwasher safe.
CARE AND USE
Be good to your knives and they’ll be good to you. Following these simple guidelines will ensure that you get the longest life out of your knife!
Victorinox Swiss Army recommends washing all knives by hand. For best results, hand wash your knives with a soapy cloth and dry immediately.
While Fibrox knives are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing as dishwashers are designed to spray water at a relatively high pressure, which can jostle the silverware and cause the knives to collide, dulling the edge.
For optimum performance, knives should be honed after every couple of uses. Proper and frequent use of a honing steel will keep your knives sharper and performing at their best.
In 1937 Victorinox began selling cutlery in America through a Connecticut distributor called R.H. Forschner & Co. A well-known manufacturer of butcher scales, Forschner soon became the exclusive U.S. distributor for Victorinox knives, and was the name by which Victorinox knives were known.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The blades themselves are sharp and hold an edge well, unlike her who can’t hold down a job without pissing people off and having to move to another job.
Lastly, I purchased these for considerably less than they are now, so a bit of the value proposition is lost. However, as overpriced as she may now be, I would still let her threaten me with one of these quality instruments of culinary art and torture any day of the week — twice on Sunday.
The set is missing a couple things in general. You really need a thiner/finer chef's knife for things like onions, and something a bit heavier for slicing into stuff like winter squash. I actually got the Swiss Army 7" Granton Edge from Victorinox as well, and it's my favorite knife, so I recommend picking it up with this set. Oh, and pick up a heavy duty cleaver to handle squash :)
Only complaint is the weight/balance. They feel goofy because the handle is light compared to the blade; but I got used to it, and have zero regrets. Would recommend. Some tips, don't put in the dishwasher and don't store wet. I use a magnetic wall-mounted knife rack. Great way to display the set (plus the cleaver, you know, to frighten intruders)
On a personal nit pic, the paring knife is a little large for my taste and child sized hands. It is more a person taste issue over design.
I like these knives so much I made a premium honing and stopping system involving leather and diamond lapping paste for them. Well guess what? After 2 months of everyday use, they are still screaming sharp. There are complaints about the Fibrox handles, but I like them too. Unlike wood and silicone handles, they always feel clean, sanitary, and stable in the hand. When a knife is this sharp, slipping is something you want to avoid. I wanted a Victorinox tomato knife I found on Amazon to compliment the set. However, all 4 of these knives stay so sharp you can easily slice ripe tomatoes with any of them. Maybe 1 of the kids will try to cut a brick so I can try out my honing system.
Top reviews from other countries
1. This is hardly a "set" of knives. I would expect a set to come packaged as a set. This does not. These are just four separate knives wrapped together in packing paper, like you do when you're moving ...to knives you don't care about. The title or description of the item should be updated to clarify that these are individual knives. Maybe "bundle" is a better word in this case.
2. The manufacturer's packaging isn't exactly made for online ordering. The Victorinox sleeve on each knife except the 8-inch chef's is this flimsy vinyl thing that isn't fully sealed off and has no security seal-- the knives literally just slide in and out. The 8-inch chef's has a harder plastic sleeve, but still no effective seal. They could be taken out, fall out, be used, etc dozens of times and you wouldn't know. And I even read a comment elsewhere that someone nearly cut themselves on one of these while unpacking it. Not sure if Amazon could do something about this, but would sure be appreciated.
3. The chef's knife (you know, the one you're probably most excited about) was dull as a rock out of the box compared with the others. Had I not bought these with the intention of resharpening right away, or known the reputation of these knives, I would have binned it. I imagine it's either a consistency issue at Victorinox, or the knife got dulled by being out of its packaging (see gripe #2) or just tossed around and dulled against the inside of the packaging (it does have minor scuffs).
Luckily, the paring knife and bread knife were super sharp, kinda restoring my faith in the purchase. But still, it's sad to see such a lauded product being packaged so haphazardly, potentially mistreated, and labelled misleadingly.
Reviewed in Mexico on September 28, 2020