Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch
|Blade material||Stainless Steel|
|Blade edge||Chef's Knife|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18.9 x 2.56 x 1.97 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- For home chefs & professionals. This Fibro Pro chef's knife has been the top choice of both home chefs and professionals alike. Expertly crafted with a tapered stainless steel edge that cuts with ease and efficiency.
- Fit for all tasks. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both big and small, This durable knife's razor sharp and laser-tested blade effortlessly chops, minces, slices and dices. An essential for every kitchen.
- Easy handling. Each knife features an ergonomic handle made from thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for a non-slip grip -- even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling.
- Knife Dimensions. Blade made out of stainless steel material -- 7. 9 inches in length. Made with dishwasher safe materials for an easy clean.
- Trusted Swiss quality. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship. Making a Lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
- Multipurpose chef's knife designed for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing with razor sharp, laser-tested, tapered knife edge is ground to form an exacting angle, to hold a sharp edge longer and ensure maximum cutting performance and durability
- Ergonomically designed, non-slip Fibrox Pro handle provides a sure grip and easy handling even when wet, making each knife safer and more efficient
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Fibrox Pro 8-Inch Chef's Knife
Ergonomically Designed Carving Knife
A great all-rounder. The Fibrox Carving Knife from the professional line of knives by Victorinox is prized by home cooks and professional chefs alike for its comfortable, non-slip, ergonomic handle and for the optimal weight and balance its extra wide blade delivers. With a razor-sharp edge that rarely requires sharpening, this knife promises both ease and efficiency when slicing cooked and grilled meat or larger foods.
- Ideal for carving all kinds of meat.
- Swiss made carving knife with straight edge.
- With a non-slip, ergonomic handle and ultrasharp, extra-wide blade.
Blade Properties- extra wide.
Length of blade- 7.9 in.
Handle material- thermoplastic elastomers (TPE).
Type of edge normal straight edge.
Dishwasher safe- Yes.
- Length of blade: 7.9 in
- Weight: 7.5 oz
- Collection: Fibrox
Compare with similar items
Kitory Chef's Knives - Kitchen Chef Knife Pro - Japanese AUS8 HC Steel - Full Tang - Red Pakkawood Handle - 8.5" - AUS8RCHEF
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP, 8 Inch, Black
Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Chef's Knife, 8 Inch
Wusthof CLASSIC Cook's Knife, 6-Inch, Black
MAC MIGHTY Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Silver
|Sold By||Amazon.com||StoriesInKitchen||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Bakers EZ Way||Todays Deals|
|Blade Material||Stainless Steel||AUS8 Japanese High Carbon Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Carbon||Stainless Steel||Steel|
|Item Weight||0.50 lbs||—||7.50 ounces||—||6.40 ounces||0.63 lbs|
|Material||man-made-material, stainless-steel||AUS8 Japanese High Carbon Stainless Steel , High Density Wood Handle||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel|
|Size||8" Chef's||AUS8RCHEF||8 Inch||8 Inch||6-Inch||8 Inch|
A TRUSTED FAVORITE
Preferred by both home chefs and culinary professionals, the 8" Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife can handle nearly every kitchen task imaginable. Crafted with a comfortable handle, superior weight and balance, and a razor sharp edge that rarely requires re-sharpening, this knife is an essential tool for every kitchen.
- High-quality, lightweight European steel.
- Handle design reduces hand and wrist fatigue.
- Fit for dicing, mincing, chopping, slicing, and shredding.
- Long, sloping curved blade that “rocks” for effortless mincing and chopping.
- Flat spine for extra power to slice through hard-skinned items.
- Non-slip patented Fibrox Pro handle for a secure and comfortable grip no matter the hand size.
- National Sanitary Foundation (NSF) approved and dishwasher safe.
Be good to your knives and they’ll be good to you. Following these simple guidelines will ensure that you get the longest life out of your knife!
Victorinox Swiss Army recommends washing all knives by hand. For best results, hand wash your knives with a soapy cloth and dry immediately.
While Fibrox Pro knives are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing as dishwashers are designed to spray water at a relatively high pressure, which can jostle the silverware and cause the knives to collide, dulling the edge.
For optimum performance, knives should be honed after every couple of uses. Proper and frequent use of a honing steel will keep your knives sharper and performing at their best.
In 1937 Victorinox began selling cutlery in America through a Connecticut distributor called R.H. Forschner & Co. A well-known manufacturer of butcher scales, Forschner soon became the exclusive U.S. distributor for Victorinox knives, and was the name by which Victorinox knives were known.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This knife came protected in a plastic blisterpak that was easily removable. The handle has a very comfortable grip and the material is slightly textured so that even having water on this knife means that it won't slip out of your hands. Does it look fancy? Nope. Does it work pretty well as a chef's knife? YES!
When comparing this against our current Faberware, there is just no comparison. The Victorinox truly made the Faberware feel like it was a plastic knife. My wife pulled out some tomatoes and sweet potatoes to do the test with me. First of all, we cut up a sweet potato using the knives side by side. The Faberware had to chop into the potato like a meat cleaver. She used the Victorinox next and it cut into the sweet potato with a lot more ease, but not enough to convince her just yet. She said that they were about the same. I told her she probably wasn't using it right since she also chopped the sweet potato with the knife with the same force as if it were a meat cleaver. I told her she should use a rocking motion like the way chefs do it on TV. No matter. Next, she sliced into some tomatoes with the Faberware and it looked like she had no problem. She then did her best to cut a thin slice from the tomato. The slice was maybe 1/4 of an inch. Next, she took the Victorinox and it sliced through the tomato like butter. Her face brightened, but what came next was even better. She was able to cut a slice of the tomato so thin that it was like wax paper. She was so pleasantly surprised that she kept cutting thin slices for about 5 more minutes. She went back to the Faberware to try to do the same and just couldn't. The knife slipped from the tomato whenever she tried to slice it as thinly as the Victorinox. To try to make it a fair fight, I sharpened the Faberware several times to make sure it wasn't under-performing due to a dull blade. Same result. The Faberware couldn't hold a candle to the Victorinox in our tomato cutting tests. She held the Victorinox in her hand and remarked, "So this is what chefs use in the kitchen, huh?" I said, "Yeah, and you should listen to me more." Long story short, she was amazed and approved of my purchase. Get this knife if you have been suffering from "plastic" knife syndrome.
Who manufactures a knife that way? Can't cut a ripe tomato without first piercing skin with the tip.
This is junk - not worth a dollar.
Top reviews from other countries
A minor cons is that it came encased in a plastic package with no blade guard but that's just nitpicking.
Recently though I've became vegan, which forced me to cook more. And I needed a good chef's knife mainly for all the veggies I'm cutting. My brother is a cook and he told me this one was good for the price, so I purchased it.
Holy macaroni. It's very hard to explain how much this knife is WORTH THE MONEY! Everytime I cut something, it just glides right through it. I don't even need to put any pressure on it. I used to have a hard time cutting potatoes, now it's just so satisfying and nice. I couldn't be more happy.
I always clean it by hand and dry it, as written on the package.