Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 3, 2012
Beautiful watch with flawless movement. My only gripe was that the plastic sticker on the face of the watch was half peeled when i opened the box however no damage was done to the watch. It looks and feels awesome, not to mention i love having the date and day of the week function, comes in handy for my job.
5 stars for the watch and 4 stars for the plastic being half peeled back.

7.26.14
still working perfectly
on July 30, 2010
This is an excellent watch! The dial is very easy to read, as it has larger numerals that work well day or night. I also like the rather large day of the week indicator at the 12 o'clock position. I bought this particular model because I've had other non-dive "waterproof" watches that lost waterproof integrity after having the battery changed; since this is a self-winding watch that has no battery, this won't be an issue. I should mention that the watch is not small and is neither thin nor light. It has some heft to it, but it gives a feeling of quality. I chose to change out the leather watchband for an Italian Modena rubber watchband that makes the watch look even better.
on January 15, 2013
I choose this rating because the watch continues to spin consistently, has not skipped a beat and still gets compliments.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 3, 2010
The date mecha is inferior to other Victorinox watches. It keeps getting late when used. I have a Victorinox Ambassador that's perfect. This one is not. Avoid.
on October 14, 2012
I waited on reviewing this until I had the chance to own it for a while. It's been 1 year since I received it. It is VERY accurate and beautiful to look at. The picture does not do it justice. The face has intricate detail and is just gorgeous. The Swiss ETA 2834-2 movement is very smooth and allows for manual winding. The day/date switch at midnight is immediate. A rugged and handsome watch, I receive compliments on it often. It is my #1 and I wear it almost every day. At first I really wanted to replace the band with the stainless one they offer but at 200.00 it is VERY over-priced. The heavy duty leather band has broken in nicely during the year and it is now extremely comfortable. I would not switch it now. The watch is large but not enormous. The lume is very bright and lasts a long time. For some reason you can buy this at Amazon for less than 600.00 but doing that voids the factory warranty (Amazon is not an authorized dealer). Amazon offers their own 2 year warranty but reviews have been mixed. If you want the factory Victorinox warranty be prepared to spend almost 800.00 for the watch. The movement is solid and has a great track record and if your watch is working when you receive it, most likely it will keep on working and you will not need to use the warranty. You get what you pay for and this is why Swiss watches command a premium. Even the entry level Swiss models like Victorinox. I give it 5 stars.
on July 24, 2012
I bought my own and it's exactly as people says it's a impressive and solid watch. Perfectly matches the time in all senses with a accuracy of giants brands as the luxury of the Swiss Army. My own is just perfect and doesn't matches with the description of the 1-star comment. Maybe the guy should read the manual and see that if you adjust the clock during the period of 9 p.m. to 03 a.m. (period of change of day and day of week) it can eventually lost accuracy temporarily and I think that's the reason. In the other hand, if it's not, take the 3-year warranty and be happy. It's a perfect watch and the judgment is unfair.
Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241397 Infantry Vintage Day and Date Mecha Watch
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 16, 2010
I purchased this watch, but with a green dial, about three weeks ago, and it's quickly become my favorite. Perhaps an operator error is involved in the "slow date" review, because my watch switches both day and date in seconds at midnight. Much faster than my VJ7750 Hamilton or my Miyota based autos. I had an Ambassador Day and Date (same movement smaller case and blue face) for a while and it was the same - look away for a second and it's changed at midnight! These autos are based on the ETA 2834-2 movement, as are the Hamilton day and date models with similar appearance. That is one solid movement!

The Lume is terrific and lasts hours. The dial is a real attractive look, with details in the textures and markers that are not done justice by the pictures. It's a great match to the leather band. A classic look, a big readable dial and a quality product!

If it appeals to you, don't hesitate!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.