Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 375 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 455 reviews
on May 26, 2012
We just bought a new Airstream RV trailer to do road trips and rather than use old knives in the trailer, this was a great excuse to buy this set from Victorinox because my favorite knife is a Victorinox 8" chef's knife. That knife was highly rated by Cook's magazine. When I first got it, I thought it looked cheap because of the plastic handle, but I was wrong. Having used it now for several years, I love it (and I have other knives from companies such as Henckels, Hoffritz and Wusthof.)

I love to cook and rely on good knives. This set has been excellent. Good balance in the hand, very sharp, and a nice variety of types of knives. I really liked having the steak knives in this set, too. (The steak knives are serrated.) The cutlery block holds everything well, and has a couple of extra slots. The only knife I really need to add to the set is a boning and/or filet knife.

I had looked at other Victorinox knife sets, but this was a perfect variety of knives for what I needed.
on May 30, 2013
I have read many reviews on these knives individually, and was really interested in getting a set. If you search for each of these knives individually, you'll find that that some of the most popular knives on Amazon are in this set! I was a bit worried about the lack of reviews and a few low reviews, but with that little bit of research you can put your worries aside. I went ahead and purchased these, and I am SO very happy that I did. These knives are amazing! They are super sharp and very reliable. Just please please make sure that you handwash these! I had crappy knives from a famous retail store before, but with these I have pride in taking care of them. Hand wash them and dry them immediately and you will not have any issues. I would recommend these to anyone as the quality is unmatched.
on September 8, 2011
I bought these through the Amazon Ware House Deals and they looked new to me . The Block had two extra slots and I added a 7 inch Santoku, plus an 8 inch Butcher knife . This set has a 4-inch paring; 6-inch boning; 8-inch chefs'; 8-inch Serrated edge bread; 10-inch slicing rounded end ; 10-inch sharpening steel; kitchen shears; slant hardwood block . These are stamped blades and thinner than some . But due to the metal tempering methods they have a high Rockwell hardness rating and will cut as well as most forged blades while retaining sharpness . When the need to sharpen comes along if you haven't tried to cut nails, used one for a pry bar, or tried to cut a beef leg bone (they make cleavers for that), etc., generally a few strokes on the steel does the job . Word of advice don't use an electric sharpener on any knife unless it's cheap, poor steel, and one you want to throw away soon . There are carbide, and ceramic, hand held V notched sharpeners that are easy to use and don't ruin a blade or its' temper . Victorinox gives a guide for sharpening on a steel and it works pretty well . My wife and I both have been impressed and pleased with the long term use of Victorinox knives . We do hand wash them, but most knives should be washed that way . I base my review on use of these and the use of approx. 80 sheath type hunting knives I own and use on butching large game . Some are ground blades, high carbon forged steel, some stainless, some costing hundreds of dollars and all high Rockwell rated . Believe me I know good steel when I use it . These are excellent kitchen cutlery for a reasonable price . Is there better out there ? Perhaps but get ready to dig deep in your wallet or purse when you buy them and expect little difference for everyday general kitchen duty . ADDENDUM: Four years later wife and I still love these. Just read a test done with 8 top selling kitchen Chef knives . Although far cheaper, than any of the others in price, the Victorinox Chef knife out scored Wusthof and Cutco Chefs knives consistently in cutting . Only two VERY EXPENSIVE Japanese Knives beat it and the Victorinox Chef Knife was rated the best buy available . I have three expensive forged Chef knives and I agree with that test too. A thinner blade doesn't mean an inferior one. Tempering plus steel makes a blade and Victorinox has that right . Actually my favorite forged set is one made in France and has fairly thin blades . Just thought I'd share that.
on December 6, 2014
First while unpacking, the sheath fell apart at the pivot point (plastic hinge see photo). Second the knife holding block was cheaply made and the knifes do not fit neatly into it. Third the handles feel like plastic and do not fit comfortably into my hands. I understand that this set is not forged but considering the cost (three times as much as the Kitchen Aid set that I have had for two years), it is a disappointment with the only positive being the quality of the blades themselves.
review image review image
on January 3, 2017
I was looking for a first set for my adult daughter who cooks daily like our whole family does. If you don't cook, buy a really cool looking set of knives for cheap and display them. If you really need knives as a tool in your kitchen, these would be a great choice that I think you will be pleased with for years to come. The blade is very strong and very sharp and is easy to sharpen. The handle is what attracted me to these Victorinox knives and they have a very nice weight and balance. The block is also a heavy, attractive piece of wood that is very sleek and space-saving. Highly recommend!
on March 28, 2017
The knife set I had before was a 'free' set that came with some $100 pots and pans back in college so, as you can imagine, they were aweful. These, however, are insanely sharp and well made (aside from the cheap feeling handle)! In fact, my wife cut her hand while opening the first knife out of the package, a few weeks later she did it again, and finally yesterday she sliced her hand real deep when she lost control of an avocado......

So yes, these work on fruits, vegetables, and human flesh.
on July 23, 2015
We've owned the Victorinox Fibrox 8-inch Chef's knife and the 10 1/4 inch Fibrox serrated bread knife for a couple of years now. They are still in fantastic condition and are our most used knives. We strictly hand wash and promptly dry them and have had no issues with rust nor have the handles chipped or loosened from the blades in any way. These are top quality knives, and we are just as pleased with our recent purchase of the Knife Block set which we expect will last just as long. It comes with two empty slots for extra knives you may have. Our 10 1/4 inch long knife fit perfectly into one of those slots without jutting out.
on April 11, 2017
Fantastic knives! As a guy striking out on my own I knew I wasn't gonna get homecooked meals by wishing for them, so I had to learn to cook and needed the necessary tools to get the job done. I wasn't about to use cheapo Walmart knives (my roommate was using those and they were a pain to use...sometimes literally), because the most dangerous knives are dull and poor-quality. I decided to spend a bit of money for something decent and let me tell you, the Victorinox knives are where it's at. I've been using them for several months now and I couldn't be happier. There's a few empty spaces in the wood block for extra knives as well!

Also, word of advice for anyone using a knife: plastic cutting boards are terrible for your blades, get a good wooden one!
on December 27, 2016
We have used the carving knife, previously purchased separately for about a year. We do like the way it stays sharp. When my mom was complaining about never having a sharp knife, we ordered this set for her. We know that it was the right choice.
They are sharp, & stay that way unless grossly abused.
Some comments read here mention, as undesirable, such things as " the scissors fell apart, " plastic handles", and " missing 2 knives".
Id like address those comments: 1) the empty slots are to allow personalization by choosing other knives to add to the set. 2) the handles fit the hand comfortably and are a good choice , over the cherry wood handles, for households where there is a possibility of guests leaving the knives soaking in a sink with the greasy roast pan. 3) the scissors are meant to come apart . This is to allow them to be thoroughly cleaned, & to dry well afterward.
The 4 stars vs 5 is simply because, yes, the Cherry handles are pretty, and would wow your guests with their " loveliness" . In our household, we choose to be practical.
on April 19, 2014
All I can say is these knives are super sharp. I have never used knives that cut as effortless and smoothly as these. I wasn't sure I would like the handles, because I just felt like knives should have wood handles, but I find I like them. They make the knives really lightweight and easy to handle. The texture makes them kind of non-slip too. The only reason I took off a star is I bought a 12" slicing knife separately and the block is too short for the added knife and it sticks out off to the side awkwardly. The block should be designed to hold all their knives correctly. I've included a picture of the Swiss made stamp.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.