Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 719 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 824 reviews
on August 28, 2016
The Huntsman model Swiss Army knife is my all-time favorite. I have owned several over the past 30+ years and use them until they wear out, or I misplace them :). I am primarily using these while backpacking, and the Huntsman offers everything I need (or might need) without having a knife that weighs 5 pounds. The must-have features are the two blades, screwdriver, can opener, and the scissors. But, the key discriminator for me is the saw. I have used the saw cut out part of a broken tent pole (forgot to pack the duct tape) that allowed my hike to continue to completion instead of having to abort and backtrack out. This knife has everything I could ever need while backpacking, and comes in a lightweight package at a fantastic price. I recommend these for all of my Boy Scouts to use, and really to everyone. You can't go wrong with this knife.
on November 16, 2014
This is my fourth Huntsman. The first one, I carried for nearly 8 years before it was stolen out of my desk (I am a teacher). The second one, I dropped thirty feet onto a concrete floor. The knife landed, blade-open and pointed straight at the concrete. It bent over nearly 45 degrees. I of course tried to straighten it on an anvil, which of course resulted in a broken blade. You want that in a knife, really. If it had bent back, I would have been suspicious. The miraculous thing is that the knife held together, didn't even loosen up. My Case or my Remington would have exploded into pieces. SO I bought another one. It came in around Father's Day, and my dad has always looked at my black Huntsman with envy in his eyes, so I gave that one to him. I tried and tried to get by without another one; it isn't like I don't have plenty of knives... but, like my philosophic friend here, I spent many hours contemplating the merits of the black Huntsman: I spend a great deal of time in the woods, in the wood-shop, on a farmy kind of property, and in a theatre or classroom. I hunt, fish, backpack, carve, whittle, and make stringed instruments for my hobbies. In every one of those situations, every other knife I own falls short in some way. And yes, I have used the scissors to trim both my mustache and my nose hairs, as well as my eyebrows. I have even used the strange little hook on the back of the knife to remove a hot pot of cowboy coffee from an extraordinary little campfire in the Rocky Mountains from time to time. My only complaint about the Huntsman, or any other Victorinox knife, is that, aesthetically, pulling a plastic-handled knife from my possibles bag at a mountain man rendezvous just doesn't look right. I wish they made one with an antler or bone handle.
Cheers
on April 7, 2017
Came right on time just as advertised. I was a little nervous because of aggravation with a previous seller but it came through. The pouch is much like one for a cell phone and the loop doesn't button but does get closed tight by pressure. Some of the blades are hard to see and need a little searching as they easily mistaken for bulwarks in the handle. It can also be a bit tough to open.This comes easierh when one remembers that some functions are meant to be opened from grips closer to the ends like the hook and the saw while the scissors(which with the main blade are the tools most likely to be used for urban chores like package opening) is best got at simply by opening the saw first. Another thing to remember is that the white and grey marks on the end opposite the Swiss flag Victorinix logo are not just decoration but a detachable toothpick and tweezers. On the whole I am pleased.
on July 22, 2010
I purchased this item, and am Very happy with it. I would like to address the concerns some reviewers had about the case that comes with the knife.If you place the knife with the Swiss Army logo to the front or back,and the ring on top, it will fit very nicely in the case. You don't want a lot of movement...not only will that scratch the finish, but it may inadvertently cause the flap to open, disgorging the knife. At the time that I purchased the knife I ordered a "specialty" case, also thru Amazon, based on the reviews here. I believe I will return it, as the case that comes with it is more than adequate.And,I hope this helps someone...if you look at the chart provided on the back of the package, you will see a diagram of where each part of the knife is located.See the gray "tab" by #10/key ring? If you pull that up, you will find the tweezers. The white tab? That would be the toothpick :o)
on February 5, 2016
It's great! Just as advertised.
review image
on March 17, 2014
This is the third Victorinox pocket knife I have owned over many years. In my opinion, they are best kept aside for emergency use, rather than being assigned to everyday tasks. For example, I would not recommend these pocketknives for cleaning that bluefish you pulled in while surf fishing at Nantucket … that is, not unless it was an emergency and you had forgotten to bring your usual knife. The versatility of these knives is outstanding and the larger models will amaze you with their complement of emergency tools and the ingenious packaging of everything from emergency sewing kits to can openers to screwdrivers to awls, and many more utility tools, all in addition to the expected pocketknife variants. By the way, they are very nice gifts for family, friends, business associates, etc., when you want a quality gift when you are stumped as what to give the fellow who already has everything!

I have never seen any rust on mine; I am not sure if the steel is stainless or not, but I would not be surprised if it is!
on September 3, 2015
Got this for my partner. I prefer my Victorinox Swiss Army One-Hand Trekker Lockblade Pocket Knife (Black) for the longer saw blade and larger size and the locking blade but she likes this one because it better fits in her pocket. My only complaint is for some reason it is really hard to open some of the blades on hers, I guess she needs to use it more often to break it in or maybe oil it. This is a great overall use knife though, it has a lot of features in a small size. I did notice that I'm able to cut larger sizes of wood with my trekker though so for me personally I am sticking with that one.
on January 8, 2017
Over time I've picked up three other VSA knives but #4 packs all their tools and others I've come to see I need.

One through three now live in office and kitchen drawers. The newbie is in the grab and go tray along with the other necessary kit.

The wine opener just pulled out the cork from a bottle of DeWares that somehow lost its top.

Actually, this was the first use of this new knife,
on December 11, 2015
The perfect swiss army knife. Seem like just a touch too much for you? Then I recommend the climber model, which is identical to this minus the saw. After twenty-five years of using the climber (the same actual knife), my kids broke my scissors on it and so I decided to upgrade to this, with the saw blade, on the premise that I do a lot of gardening and might like a handy saw for small plant stock. I've already used it for exactly that.

I intend to have this knife for the next twenty five years!
on June 14, 2016
Now this is a pocket knife! Classic Victorinox quality and tools. Each tool is solid, well crafted, fits in the cradle perfectly, and has just the right amount of tension when opening. I have several Victorinox's, used them the past 30-40 years, this is my first black version just so I can distinguish it from my other red ones (quick visual check of color reminds me which tools it has). The ONLY thing I wish Victorinox would consider is to combine this size and all it's current features with a phillips head screwdriver - if they could make that work. You really have to choose between that or a corkscrew without going to a larger version. However, I use the two flathead screwdrivers to compensate on phillips head screws when needed, so not a big deal. I recently bought and returned the yellow EvoGrip Victorinox due to the design and quality feel (or lack thereof) and bought this instead. (I left a review on EvoGrip). Black finish is pretty cool, just don't drop it in the woods at night!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.