Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 23, 2015
I have used these knives for many years and never had issues. I still have some that are 20 years old. As with all Swiss army knives , I just wish the plastic was a better quality that would not scuff up so easily. The replacement parts for the pocket versions , especially tweezers , are hard to find. Nevertheless , no other knives of this purpose and type come close to these. I will always buy this brand. I did notice this new version is slightly larger than my 20 year old one I still use.
|0Comment|Report abuse
After I thoughtfully (okay reluctantly) donated my Victorinox Swiss Army Midnite Minichamp Pocket Knife to T.S.A. on my last trip out of town I needed to find a new knife.

Although the light/pen additions to my previous knife were nice, I decided I really wanted the toothpick/tweezer combo this time. Additionally the idea of receiving the second knife as a bonus was a great selling point to me, just in case I am forgetful again and have it confiscated at the airport.

All of the features on both of these knives are useful. The tools I find myself using over and over are the small blade (Great for opening Amazon boxes, just slice carefully!), the bottle opener (For that cool evening beverage on the deck) and the tweezers (For the slivers in my feet from walking barefoot). I've decided that the larger of the two knives will be the one I carry in my purse and the smaller will be my back-up.

I would have loved to not need a new knife, but at this price it wasn't a punishment to buy another. I am also now considering buying some extras to give as gifts.
2 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2016
You just can't beat that price, they're ~$20 each if you buy them seperately. I stuck the classic on my keychains, and I occasionally carry the tinker. Really nice quality and fit 'n finish on both, as expected from Victorinox. If I had to really think of a con, it would be that the knife on the classic sd's kinda flimsy and not as sharp as my other blades from Victorinox. But not a deal breaker, just put it on a stone and strop for a few passes and you're good to go.
on March 16, 2014
I purchased this 3-4 years ago I forgot to give it a review, although this one would be more helpful because I've had the product for a while now. The keychain mini knife and scissors is very handy. I've used it more often to cut loose threads in clothing, strings, paper, mail, etc, and I've sliced small fruits like avocadoes and mangoes with this. It still has great quality, I clean it with an alcohol wipe to clean and prevent the blades from rusting.
The regular army knife I gave my dad. He uses it on the field, he is a Water engineer/Geologist. I still see it and it looks great.
This is a classic, quality product. Whatever "attachments" that suit your lifestyle they have a specific make for that. This is a 5 star product, and I recommend this especially when it comes with the bonus keychain mini knife.
One person found this helpful
on July 13, 2017
Tinker is outstanding. You usually get something like the classic or a sharpener or sheath or something useless with them, throwaways. Can't ding them for that, although it's nicer to find them alone. The tinker and whatever version that's identical to it but has a corkscrew instead of screwdriver is great too
on August 27, 2015
Same great knives Victorinox has been making for over 100 years. The blades are all sharp enough to shave with, and every tool works great. I've also owned a few other Victorinox knives over the years, one I bought over 17 years ago. The blades still have good edges even though I've done little to sharpen them since I bought it. Longest lasting sharp edge of any knife I've used. Plus the metal they use on the entire knife has never shown any signs of corrosion. While other brands may offer pocket knives with other tools (like large pliers) none compare to the quality of these great Swiss Made Victorinox knives.
on December 6, 2009
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife is the original multitool and it is still the best multitool. It is available with just about any tool combination you can imagine, offering unbelievable functionality. I don't need most of the tools that Victorinox offers on it's various knives, that's why I chose the Tinker for an everyday carry, whether in my pocket or my purse. It has the set of tools I need and doesn't weight me down with stuff I don't need.

Some companies have tried to copy the Swiss Army knife, but they have succeeded only in producing cheap knockoffs. The quality of a Victorinox pocket knife can't be beat by anyone anywhere. The knives will practically last forever, and the only reason you will ever have to replace it is because you lost it, or it was stolen. At this price, why would anyone settle for less the the geniune article?!
on July 30, 2013
This set was part of a high school graduation gift for our daughter. I was happy to see the other day that she carries them on her most of the time. The quality is great, as you would expect. The only downside is that some of blades were very hard to open, especially with her longer finger nails. I know they will loosen up over time so I didn't take of a star.

I was looking for the perfect knife for her but couldn't find a single one with all of the features we wanted without getting more than we needed. This combo was a good solution and may actually work better for her than a single knife.
on September 11, 2016
These combos are a great buy. Often you get a 2 for 1 deal since you get a wholenother knife for a few bucks more. Big one for me and work, small one for the wife and her travels, and TSA safe again I'm hearing (please don't quote me on that one!)
on February 12, 2009
I have loved Swiss Army Knifes for years. They never wear out and the only reason you will ever have a need for buying another is you lost yours or you just want a wider collection of them. Over the years I have lost a couple unfortunately but I get so much satisfaction from them they more than pay for the ocassional replacement because of my oversight. Engrave them if you can because very few will ever get turned into Lost & Found. This two knife set is an excellent value because you get a full size knife for your toolbox, vehicle, or work, and a small one to carry everywhere you go. I highly recommend this set. Don't take these when you travel. Airport security guards love these too and they will confiscate them in the name of security but we all know they end up at their houses.

CA Luster
32 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.