Victorinox SwissMemory 2 GB (Translucent Ruby)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact, multi-purpose tool; transport image, music, and data files
- Includes: 2GB memory stick, knife blade, nail file with screwdriver, scissors, key ring, LED mini-light, and retractable ballpoint pen
- Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0 interface, Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/MAC OS X, OS 8.6 and higher, Linux 2.4 and higher
- Free, downloadable SecureLock software; protects data from unauthorized access
- Just 2-1/4 inches long
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
USB-Memory with 2 GB memory stick. Blade. Nail file with screwdriver. Scissors. Key ring. LED mini light. Retractable ball point pen. Compatible with: USB 1.1/2.0 interface, Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/MAC OS X, OS 8.6 and higher, Linux 2.4 and high
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What surprised me is how often I use the other features of this tool. The knife comes in handy cutting open boxes, plastic tags, etc. The scissors are useful too. I'm also always crawling behind computers looking for cables or something and the little LED light is very helpful. It is small and compact and fits easily in my pocket.
I have the 1GB version for over a year and don't go anywhere without it. I recently thought I lost it and immediately ordered two of these 2 GB versions. That is how much I love these.
My only minor gripes (both of which have easy solutions ).
- Sometimes (rarely), the knife/handle part of the tool causes the USB drive to not have enough room to plug in to tight spaces. However, it is easy to simply remove the USB hard drive from the tool and just use that.
- I had to check in a carry on bag once because of this tool. They were going to confiscate it and I totally forgot I had it with me on a recent plane trip. I actually have a travel case for this that attaches to the USB hard drive and you leave the knife/tools part at home. I just forgot but it is a slight negative if you travel frequently.
- Even though the USB drive fold in for storage, it can gather a bit more lint than some of my other USB drives with lids or that retract. Not a huge deal and lint blows right off.
Anyway, those are very minor issues and don't really detract from the usefullness of this overall tool.
The knife is very solid and the flash drive works flawlessly. When I am showing my friends my new "toy," I go through the usual knife/nail file/scissors and then show them the ball point pen (writes well) and the LED light (really bright at night), then I flip out the 2GB flash drive and that's usually where they take it from my hands to get a better look. I have never removed the drive from the knife, but the instructions say you can just snap it out. I recommend leaving the drive in a semi-closed "V" with the weight of your keys close to the computers USB port if you are not going to remove it from the knife. Thanks Victorinox for making the exact product I was looking for.
The warranty is good, but if you have to send it in, expect it to be gone for 60 days. On two occasions with my 1gb model I had to send it in. Once was a defect with the memory stick, the other time the scissors broke (not just the spring, the entire scissor arm broke off). The first time, I got so frustrated with the amount of time it took, I nearly bought another one to replace it. The second time, in anticipation of the delay, I bought the 2gb model.