Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on March 3, 2011
For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story.

Banana slicer...thanks to you, I see greatness on the horizon.
5150+ comments| 57,704 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 30, 2012
What can I say about the 571B Banana Slicer that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone.... this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My husband and I would argue constantly over who had to cut the day's banana slices. It's one of those chores NO ONE wants to do! You know, the old "I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and cut these bananas?" and of course, "You think I have the energy to slave over your damn bananas? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!" These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily banana fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That's when I found the 571B Banana Slicer. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we've even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS 571B BANANA SLICER!
5150+ comments| 34,860 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 24, 2016
works perfectly for all my right curved bananas. highly recommend, hoping they come out with left curved cutter next!
11 comment| 374 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 16, 2016
I can't believe this slicer is listed as "great for cereal." I tried slicing Cheerios, Trix, Corn Flakes, and Chex, and each ended up crumily smashed, not neatly sliced. What's worse, this thing is nigh useless on Cream of Wheat.
11 comment| 243 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 5, 2016
Gave it as a wedding gift with a print out of all of the best rated reviews.
22 comments| 275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2012
I tried the banana slicer and found it unacceptable. As shown in the picture, the slicer is curved from left to right. All of my bananas are bent the other way.
5150+ comments| 15,639 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 3, 2012
Once I figured out I had to peel the banana before using - it works much better.
Ordering one for my nephew who's in the air force in California. He's been using an old slinky to slice his banana's. He should really enjoy this product!
3939 comments| 20,007 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 29, 2017
It finally came!!! I am now, officially, the coolest neighbor on my block!!! It doesn't matter that the Johnson’s punk kid, Palmer got accepted to Princeton. It also doesn't matter that the William's whore daughter, Chloe is marrying the son of a construction business owner.

All that matters is the fact that I now possess the amazing, life changing, Hutzler.... 571 banana slicer.

I am now officially elite! I am legendary! Bananas should all fear me!!! Muahahahahahah!!

I should also quit drinking vodka so early in the morning.
review image
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 17, 2016
It only works if you have a banana and these are not included...
22 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 25, 2013
We got our Hutzler 571 today. Realizing how much $$$ we are able to save, we had to fire Consuela. She was our banana slicer since 2010. We are going to miss her.
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse