Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on January 4, 2012
For the price, this is really a good case. The padding isn't terribly thick, but it's certainly enough to protect a tripod against minor bumps and scratches. There's even a small outer pocket which could accomodate a small accessory or two. And while the shoulder strap isn't adjustable, it is a good length and therefore doesn't really need to be adjusted.

I only have one complaint: it isn't even close to 27". I measured the interior, and it's barely 25". In fact, even the exterior length is only 26" measuring generously. My tripod barely squeezes in, which is frustrating. The thing is, the next size up from Vidpro is listed at 35", which even at 33" would be pretty long.

So if your tripod is 24" or so, this is a great case. But if you're counting on the full 27", you probably ought to look elsewhere.
58 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 29, 2015
The Vidpro TC-27 Padded Tripod Case holds my Manfrotto tripod perfectly. The 190CXPRO tripod is 22.8" whereas the head, a MH054M0-Q2, is 4.6", so a combined length of 27.4". Basically this tripod is the same length as the bag and was tricky to squeeze in initially. However, if I angle in the head first, stretch the other side of the bag and tuck in the legs, I'm golden. It's a couple seconds of extra work but no biggie. Later I realized if I rotate the ball into the drop slot the rig is a couple inches shorter and fits the bag with room to spare.

It's spec'd with Cordura fabric but the interior padding is very thin (couple millimeters). So protection from minor bumps and scrapes but don't plan on checking it at the airport or tossing in a car trunk with abandon.

The sewing and light duty plastic zipper appear to be decent quality but only time will tell on those items. There is a large zippered outside pocket for nicknacks. The strap and handle are nonadjustable, thin and lack pads. I added a Timbuk2 strap pad I had laying around and it helped a lot when fully loaded.

The Vidpro TC-27 is a budget offering but does exactly what I bought it to do: protect and hold my Manfrotto 190 tripod and head. It's A-okay!
2 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2010
I had my doubts before I purchased this case but like all others I LOVE this product! In fact I just ordered another in the 35" for my Manfrotto legs and head! If you are wondering about the materials its made of; If you have felt or own a Lowepro camera pack the cordura (backpack material) outer layer that these are made of is a near perfect match in weave and thickness, VERY durable material. The inner layer is a slightly thinner and a silkier nylon (still durable and heavy weight for the inside)and there is also a thin layer of 1/8" foam padding sewn between the two layers. There is two hand handles and a shoulder strap that are all sewn on. NO the shoulder strap does not remove... it is sewn on. I like it that way but I did wonder before using. The straps are heavy duty nylon and all sewn seems are tight. The zipper is small in comparison to the other materials but it seems sufficient. Very roomy on the inside but your not going to get a "Manfrotto 322RC2 head" in there on its side so make sure you measure and get the larger 35" (you will find it here on amazon) if you have the above or larger ball head and 22" or larger legs when folded. I use this 27" size for my video tripod which is a little smaller combo it is a "Dolica AX620B100" legs and a big "Davis & Sanford V12 Fluid Head" its a perfect match and fit for this case. FYI: Great budget performance combo for light to med video cam " I have a canon HF100 on there and the head seems like an overkill until you use it and its sooooo smooth it makes all my videos turn out very professional. Highly recommend! Hope that all helps ;)
19 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 8, 2018
My Small Tripod with Head is 27" long, and it fits into the TC-27 Bag perfectly! The quality of the bag is excellent, and the Zipper is Heavy Duty, and goes from end to end of the Bag. Even the Side Pocket has a heavy duty zipper. After the previous reviews, I didn't know what to expect, but this is a reliable High Quality, but inexpensive Tripod Bag. Recently I've bought a few VidPro Video products (Stabilizer and LED Light) and I'm very satisfied with them too. I hope these bags come in other sizes, because I'd like to get one each for my other Tripod and my 3 Leg Monopod. (Btw, those 3 legged Monopods are an awesome addition to your Photo/Video Kit). Back to the Tripod Bag, don't forget to Measure the Tripod with the Head. This Bag is an excellent value!
on March 18, 2017
Bought last year. Finally went out shooting, the first time I replaced the tripod and zipped it up, the zipper ran off the tracks into my hand. This could of been the best bag. Just a little zipper stop instead of using endless zipper and cut to length. On STAR because the bag is useless.
3 people found this helpful
on April 7, 2010
I have a Manfrotto 190XPROB and a 496RC2 ball head. This bag fit both attached. If move the head sideways, I can make it fit better, in the bag, but it is very snug when fit with the ball head straight up and down. The case is padded, so there is some protection, and it is made of durable material. If you have had a Jansport backpack, then the material is very similar, if not the same. Even with the tripod inside, there is still room for some extra gear in case you wanted to bring a monopod along or something else. The zippered pouch on the front adds a very nice touch. If you don't want to spend more than 15 bucks, this is the bag for you. Couldn't be happier.
review imagereview image
38 people found this helpful
on February 26, 2013
This is a good inexpensive small bag for storing and carrying your photography equipment. The bag is does not have any padding or straps inside to hold your gear in place. Additionally it only has one very low quality zipper to open and close the bag. This bag also has a small zippered exterior pouch to hold miscellaneous small items.

I bought this bag to hold two Manfrotto 5001B compact light tripod stands, two Manfrotto 026 umbrella adapters, and a pair of Westcott compact umbrellas. These can easily fit into the bag and you will think you have room to spare. I don't recommend stuffing anything more into the bag without carefully positioning items in the bag because the zipper cannot handle the stress If you try to put too much into the bag, the zipper will sooner or later break, or the seams holding the zipper will tear. The zipper failed on me when I tried to squeeze 20 feet of 3.5mm cable into the bag in addition to my other gear.

Even though my bag broke because of my insistence on pushing how much I could fit into bag, I still recommend the bag provided that you are willing to live with its limitations. Specifically, if you don't mind having your stuff banged around because the bag has no padding and things lie loose in the bag, and if your are willing to live with the very poor quality zipper. Otherwise, I recommend getting a more expensive better quality bag.
on October 21, 2011
After reading all the reviews, I decided to get this bag, even though my tripod is 26 inches long folded down to the minimum possible (even with the plate on the head folded down). My tripod fits very tight. I didn't want to buy the 35" version of this bag on Amazon because that's 9" more than what I need, and I didn't want a bag my tripod would drown in.

My tripod fit, but it was very tight. Although the internal length of the bag may be 27", the length of the zipper is only 25" (I measured it). So even though my tripod is 26", I had to put the head part in first toward the part where the zipper starts, and the then I put one tripod leg at a time into the bag while my fingers were pulling the bag open enough to get the legs in. It was almost impossible for me to put all the legs in at once, but I managed fitting them in when I put each leg in at a time. Once the tripod was in, it fits tight, though not bursting out of the sides. There's a room for me to put other stuff in the bag if I wanted to, but it's nice and compact for me. The bag seems pretty sturdy (enough to withstand me roughly stuffing my tripod in there).

I just wish this case was like 2" bigger. It's pretty bad advertisement to say that it fits a 27" tripod. I was barely able to get my 26" tripod in the bag. I'll leave the seller feedback and hope Amazon changes the description of this bag.

Honestly, if you have a tripod that's 26" or more, you have to go with a longer bag. That way you don't have to struggle to take your tripod in and out of your bag all the time. It's worth having to carry the extra 9" in length. But if you're totally adamant about getting this shorter bag, make sure your tripod is 25" or less. If it's 26" like mine is, you'll have to decide whether it's worth the extra struggle to get your tripod in and out of the bag.
on December 6, 2014
*UPDATE* I have used this bag (open zipper and close zipper) around 25 times in the last year and a half because I do not use my tripod often but the zipper is so cheap that it won't align to use properly therefore the entire bag is useless now.
This is for the VidPro TC-27 Padded Tripod Bag that carries 27-Inch Long Tripods.
Sold By: VIDEO CAMERA CENTER

*Original Post* This bag is NOT padded at all, the material is durable, the straps are great lengths and would otherwise be a great carrying case but it offers zero support for what you are carrying. It has caused harm to my tripod just from sitting it down (not hard) and it touching the floor the wrong way therefore jamming my mount attach/release trigger. Again, there is no padding as the headline states.
review image
One person found this helpful
on January 11, 2012
I got this bag after I bought the Sunpak 620-765 unpadded carrying case (UGH!!). The Sunpak bag was absolutely worthless but this bag is a gem for my tripod. Note: My tripod measures 23.5" collapsed.

The construction on this bag is very nice. I've been using the bag for a few months and it's held up quite well. Here's my quick summary of my thoughts.

The good:
- Nice, solid construction on the seams, the handles and the straps.
- Good price compared to some of the other options out there.
- Roomy but not too much for my tripod.
- Side pocket for extra pieces such as an extra quick release plate so that it's not floating around in the main area of the bag and scratching up the legs of my tripod.

The bad:
- The shoulder strap is not adjustable, but the length is okay for me.

All in all, this was a good buy.