Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,199 reviews
on September 6, 2016
If you are buying these for the Polk Audio TL1600 series or any of there TL line of speakers you will need to buy different mounting screws to make the threaded mounting hole useful on the speakers. If not you can still use this mount but you will have to mount them using the keyhole mount screws which I found to not be very secure. They come with a whole bunch of different screws but none of them are long enough and to save you the troubles of trying to figure out which screws will fit I will tell you the size.

You will need 4 of these as the center channel works with the supplied screws and the satellites do not.

1/4-20 X 1 1/2"

I supplied a picture also
on March 26, 2015
These are inexpensive, look way better in a room than huge and expensive stands, say they hold up to 10 lbs each which is at least double the capacity of most all speaker stands. Good deal and fine product.

Only help I can offer is my set came with strange looking T shaped drywall hangers that I personally have never used. The instructions talk about the standard common variety. I'll try to post a link to a 50 second video on YouTube so you can have it handy. If the link does not show (I've seen others in reviews refer to videos that are not their. Thinking Amazon might not allow external links?) I searched, "How to use a T shaped drywall anchor" and the top 50 second video in Google was great.

on September 29, 2013
Good product. Works with vizio S4251W-B4 satellite speakers and is a lot better than the stock wall mounts which don't allow you to angle the speakers which was necessary for my setup. Directions could be better but not too hard to put together.
review image
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2016
Machine screws are too long for thread holes.
on March 4, 2015
I really like these mounts. And the price is excellent. I only gave 4 stars because of the following: I had to improvise on the plastic spacers. They were too small for my application and split open as I tried to install. So, I substituted washes that I had. These are inexpensive mounts but work well.
I mounted 2 different type of speakers:
1st Set were Infinity Micros. These needed only 1 screw and required that I remove the extension (as per instructions) and these were also the ones I needed to use some of my own washers as spacers. No big deal as I had them on hand. The photos show a front and rear view of these speakers.
2nd Set were Bose bottom mount speakers so I chose to mount them using the extension. It required 2 screws and a different approach from the micros but everything I needed was included. I was curious about the weight (around 6 pounds each), and even using the extension, I think these mounts will hold well. I've included a photo of this speaker mount as well. Hope this helps.
review image review image review image
on February 26, 2014
Good speakers mounts have held up well all these months. I have them holding a couple of satellite speakers from a Yamaha NS-SP1800BL 5.1 stereo system and they're about 2 lbs each. One of them is being mounted on dry wall and is holding up very well. Its made out of hard durable plastic and comes with everything you need to start screwing them in and mounting the speakers, all you need is a screwdriver/drill. They have two types of configuration, short and regular. I have them in a short configuration and it sticks out just 3 inches from the wall while the regular configuration has them sticking out 5-5.5 inches from the wall. The normal configuration has more joints which means you have more axises to tilt and move the speaker.Would buy again.
review image review image
on December 21, 2016
Logitech decided to remove the key hole wall mounts from their basic surround sound speakers. I guess you could put the satellites on the floor in the middle of the room behind you and put them away (or not) when you're done. Or you could tie them up with string and hang them from a screw. Or you could buy these wall mounts and attach them to the speakers, no fancy electronic wielder required. All you need to do is drill a pilot hole in the back of the speakers, tap it with a 20mm drill tap, and screw the single screw / keyhole mounting bracket on using the 20mm screw you will find in the hardware bag. My installation was a bit different, but based on my experience this should work. If you want to be safe, just use a slightly longer screw than the provided one, and tap the pilot hole with the appropriate drill tap. If you don't have a drill tap, and want to keep this as low budget as possible, you could probably use self tapping screws. Just make sure they are long enough, but not too long. About 1/4 to 1/2 in longer than the provided machine screws should be fine. Since self tapping screws have less threads, you could put slow drying super glue on it to reinforce the hold.

Review Score Break Down
Staring Score: 3 Stars
(All my reviews start at 3 stars.)

Quality (+1 Star)
These speaker mounts are plastic. They are also under ten dollars. The plastic is actually sturdier than I was expecting, but I would probably go with something else if i was going to mount speakers weighing more than a couple of pounds. However for wall mounting cheap computer speakers, these are perfect.

Affixes the Infernal Z-506 Satellite Speakers to Wall (+1 Star)
They have been hanging from screws by string for a year, and I was sick of it.

Additional Notes
I actually took some additional steps in my installation: I filed down the back of the keyhole mounting bracket for a flusher fit. I used a wood shaping file, but you could probably grind it with a Dremel or use coarse sand paper if you're really really bored. When I went to install my second speaker, I attempted to do so without filing the back first as a bit of an experiment. This is how I discovered the included screws were too short, at the cost of stripping the hole. Still, it wasn't a problem. I filed down the second bracket as well, then put some super glue on the screw threads and key hole mounting bracket, as I don't ever intend to take it off.
on July 21, 2016
Bought a set of 5 of these to ceiling-mount the Onkyo speakers that came bundled with my 5.1 system. My speakers are keyhole mount, so I followed the provided directions accordingly. The directions say "be sure the key hole nut is installed with the knurled (rough) edge toward the post." This is to allow tightening the screw while the nut grips the speaker from inside the keyhole. Unfortunately, the nuts provided did not have a knurl on them, and I had to individually work at them with a triangle file to roughen them up so I could sufficiently tighten the screws. This inadequate hardware cost this review a star.

The other problem I'm facing with this kit is that my center channel speaker has two keyholes roughly 9 inches apart. Either keyhole is too far off-center for me to comfortably use the single-screw bracket, and the two-hole bracket is not nearly wide enough to span the speaker holes. I'm going to have to fabricate an adapter plate to mount the center channel. I don't knock this product in that respect, as it can't possibly accommodate every speaker configuration, but I felt it was worth mentioning.
on January 3, 2017
These work great for the Onkyo SKS-HT540 speaker set. However, keep in mind that if your speakers are any heavier than a few pounds or anything other than satellite speakers then you should double up your mounts like I did. I used all six mounts on the three front channels and have the rears on shelves (only using 5.1 of the 7.1 speakers).
review image review image review image
on December 8, 2014
These are great speaker mounts for the money. I have mounted two home theatre systems with them, an older Sony and a new Vizio, each of which has a different mounting screw hole size, and this kit included every screw size/type in common usage, as well as some coarse thread self-tappers in case you need to bore right into the speaker body itself.

Yes, it is possible to strip the screw threads in a tightening sleeve, so you need to be careful. It happened to me, but it wasn't an issue, since they send you so much extra hardware that I was able to swap it out with a sleeve from another unit.

Another nice feature is that you have 2 different size options (you can shorten it by removing an extension piece) and a few different orientation options (elbow closest to the wall, or elbow closest to the speaker), which means its very easy to mount the speaker and get it aimed just right, for both sound performance as well as visual aesthetic.

This was the first time I actually bought speaker mounts, since for years the good ones were so expensive and IMHO overbuilt that it just made more sense for me to make my own. When I saw these, I decided to give it a shot, since they looked like they would be more than adequate for the speakers I have, and wouldn't break the bank. I'm extremely happy I did.

Install tip: Take the mounts apart so that you are only messing with the wall plate portion when positioning it on the wall. Attach the other half of the mount to the speaker. Once the wall plate is in place, simply attach the two sections and tighten the allen screw. Make it easy on yourself and position the mount so that the allen screw you need to tighten is facing down at you, that way you can see what you are doing.