Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 3, 2013
 I purchased these mounts so i could put my computer monitors on the wall. I had first looked a just getting a triple monitor stand but that would have cost me more than $125 which was way more than i wanted to pay! I came across these and i am impressed!

First, its $12 for a wall mount?!?! THATS AN INSANE PRICE!!! I read through the reviews and for the most part they were positive.

Installation was very simple. I just located the studs, drilled the mount into the stud, and i was ready to roll.

Overall, i highly suggest this mount. My monitors are 24 inches and it doesn't look like they are having trouble at all holding them up.

Look below for the description of the products i mentioned in the video

_______>>>>>>> Stud Finder: CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder $7

CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder

_______>>>>>>> Cord Plates: DataComm 45-0008-WH Easy Mount Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White) $5

DataComm 45-0008-WH Easy Mount Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 7, 2016
I used this wall mount with my new Acer Predator 34-inch Curved UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) NVIDIA G-Sync Widescreen Display (X34 bmiphz), which is a very wide computer monitor, though it does not exceed the weight restrictions of this mount. The installation went very well. I first mounted the arm to the wall. I used a stud finder and drilled pilot holes first. Surprisingly, I found there was a small gap between the drywall and the wood stud, but the included screws were still long enough to get a good bite into the stud. I tightened the joints using the included allen wrench. Then I mounted the monitor (which comes with a special bracket for VESA mounts) to the arm. I was worried that the weight and size might be too much for this little arm, but after testing the movement of the monitor on this arm, I became much more confident that it was secure. I did need to tighten the "up-down" monitor rotation as hard as I could to keep the monitor from tilting downward due to its own weight. One quick tip that some people have mentioned: the arm does not allow any clockwise screen rotation, and even though the arm was mounted to the wall perfectly level, the monitor itself was not level. This is very noticeable on a wide monitor, too. The mount's lower screw hole does allow some wiggle room for adjustment, but here's what I did: I experimented by moving the arm around and found was that if I bent the arm joint in the opposite direction, my monitor became perfectly level. This wasn't a big deal for me, since my monitor is facing perfectly forward from the wall. Problem solved! Now my gaming monitor floats above my desk and I have room below it for speakers and various other peripherals. Very satisfied!
on March 21, 2014
This is really poorly made. Out of the box, this looked great. I mounted it to the wall in just 10 minutes. Even attaching my monitor was simple -- just a few screws. However, I noticed that the weight of the monitor really caused the arm to pull to one side, causing the monitor to no longer be leveled. I took everything apart and then remounted to the wall at an angle so that when the weight of the monitor was added, the monitor would be level. This took an hour to get right and I had to expand the size of the hole in the metal wall-mounting bracket. It looked great until I extend the the arm. You can guess what happened -- the monitor was no longer level again!

Stay away from this product. It is really just junk. Do yourself a favor, save yourself a tremendous amount of frustration and time, and shell out for a more expensive product somewhere else. Think about it this way -- I spent hours getting it mounted and am still not happy. Now I'm stuck with it.
on July 17, 2017
Bought to mount a 22" monitor on the wall for my home theater setup. I chose to buy this one over the slightly cheaper one VideoSecu offers, mainly because I was worried about how the plastic washer joint would hold up on the other one. I will say this does mount does not rotate, only tilt (up/down), so if you need to rotate your monitor, you'll have to look at a different mount. Anyways, installation was quick and easy. Probably 20 minutes tops in my case. The mount seems well-built, and the tilt hinge is holding my monitor without drooping/sagging over time. Adjustments are pretty easy too, just 2 hex screws, 1 on each side. No real complaints honestly.
on February 6, 2016
This is a decent enough wall mount for the money, but I would caution buyers to be sure it is adequate for their needs before purchasing. I only have 12" of wall space from my desktop to the sill of my office window and I thought that would be enough to get the height I needed. WRONG! This arm only adjusts on one plane; the monitor height is fixed once you install it on the wall. Since my monitor is an old 4:3 ratio Dell with a speaker hanging off the bottom, it's deeper than it is wide and that meant there was no way I could get the height I needed without modifying the mounting bracket. So I added a wood wedge between the bracket and the wall which effectively angles the arm up and gives me the installed height I need. Not elegant, but it works.
The other issue I have with this bracket is that you have to really torque the joint screws down hard to get them to stabilize. This is made even worse by the angle the arm is installed at as the monitor wants to "fall" from side to side at the extremes of left/right adjustment. But even so, I can see why the manufacturer specifies a max weight of 33# when most of the competition can handle 44#. Anyway, it works, just be careful. And if you need height adjustment, go elsewhere.
on July 14, 2014
This mount is a cheap way to mount a small tv or monitor to the wall.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Well made. Construction is solid
- Stiff, won't move once placed

Cons
- Single unit construction. the mounting plate cannot be removed.
- Because of the single unit construction, two person job to mount

Installation Tip #1: Mount the bracket to the wall first. If I remember correctly, the instructions say to mount the monitor or tv to the bracket first. This is a mistake. With the monitor already attached to the bracket, it will be nearly impossible get the mount level. It's also very difficult to drive the bolts.

Installation Tip #2: When mounting, first drive in one bolt into a stud. Don't bother marking the holes.(Do bother measuring the height. Remember to measure from the mounting hardware on the back, not the bottom of your monitor.) Once you have one bolt driven in, you can use a level on the side of the mount to get it perpendicular to the floor. Once you have this in place, drive the other bolt.

Installation Tip #3: Make sure you have the proper bolts picked out before you try to mount. This kit comes with multiple sizes and length. It's not only important to find the correct thread count, you should also check the length. Some monitors don't have very deep mounting holes, so you may have to use the spacers that are already included.

Installation Tip #4: Get someone to help you, it will be far easier. You might be more coordinated than me, but I don't see how you can hold the monitor up to the plate and align the mounting holes. Have someone there to help you, trust me on this.
on December 27, 2013
I've installed 4 VideoSecu mounts around my families households, and all of them are excellent solid mounts. This one is no exception. It's compact, lightweight and easily adjustable. My HDTV fits very close to the wall when folded, and is very secure when extended. It can be tightened to maintain any position. I'm very happy with this mount. If you are interested in converting this to a full-Motion mount, read on. Modification costs just over a $1 and takes less than one hour (two hours, if you prime and paint it). See photos in 'Customer Images'.

I had a unique mounting situation in my motorhome, and I needed a full-motion mount for my 22" HDTV that would tilt upward at least 27 degrees. Unfortunately, most full motion mounts limit tilt to 15 degrees. I also needed one that would hold my HDTV in place while traveling. Based on the reviews, this mount was just the ticket, except that it didn't rotate. I was sure that I could modify it to suit my needs, so once I received it, I visited my local hardware store to see if I could find a thin plate to bolt on top of the existing aluminum mounting plate. I could then bolt the plates together through the center with a washer in between to allow 360 degree rotation. I found a thin steel 4-inch blank electrical box cover that fit the bill perfectly.

To modify the mount, first remove the two bolts that attach the mounting plate to the horizontal tilting axis. Then drill a 1/4" hole through the center of the steel cover, and the center of the VideoSecu aluminum mounting plate. Install a 1/4"-20 bolt, rotate the steel plate until both plates are aligned, install a nut and tighten the plates together. Now you can drill the HDTV mounting holes by using the VESA 75mm X 75mm holes in the aluminum mounting plate to guide the drill through the steel plate. Disassemble the two plates, file the new holes in the steel plate smooth, sand it, and paint it flat black to match the mount. Reassemble with a 1/4"-20 bolt through the steel plate, using a flat washer in between the two plates, and a lock nut to hold everything snug. The curved shape of the VideoSecu aluminum mounting plate allows you to attach your HDTV without disassembling the two plates, by simply rotating the steel plate about 45 degrees. For more detailed information on the modification, see below.

DETAILS: I used a small file to square the center hole in the steel plate so that I could use a carriage bolt to connect the two mounting plates. This allowed me to tighten the mounting plates using only one wrench on the locknut while holding the steel plate. Also by grinding the top of the carriage bolt flat, less washers were needed to space the HDTV from the steel mount to clear the center bolt. I also used a 5/16" ID flat washer between the plates so that the washer contacted each plate rather than ride on the top of the square flanges of the carriage bolt. I also had to cut the carriage bolt to the proper length since I couldn't find a bolt less than 1-inch long. Make sure that you use a blank steel plate and not one with a knockout in the center. (NOTE: If you have VESA 100mm X 100mm, use the 4-11/16" square plate)

Because the distance from the horizontal tilting axis on the mount to the back of the aluminum mounting plate is less than 5/16", you may not be able to use a standard nylon lock nut because it is too thick. In my case I placed a standard 1/4" - 20 nut in my bench vise, sqeezed it slightly, and made my own locknut. The locknut allows adjustment of the tension between the two plates so that the HDTV will rotate smoothly under tension without loosening the nut. Please note that depending on the type of bolt that you use to connect the plates, you may have to buy longer HDTV mounting screws and use more washers as spacers to clear the head of the center bolt when mounting your HDTV to the steel plate.
review imagereview imagereview image
on August 27, 2016
The mount is good and appears to hold well. It has been over a month and the tv has not fallen, so I assume that it is good to go. However, the screws that mount into the stud are not of great quality. I pre-drilled the hole with a bit of a slighly smaller diameter than the screws, and both of them got stripped out when inserting them into the pre-drilled holes. I ended up buying a 10 pack of comperable screws at a hardware store and used them after getting the original screws out. If you are going into a stud, I would suggest different screws. I can't think of anything that I could have done to alleviate the stripping of the head, as I believe that a larger bit would have jeopardized the tight hold of the screws.
on August 15, 2015
I bought this to wall mount a Nix 15" digital picture frame. The frame has a best vertical viewing angle of about 0 degrees (straight out from the frame) to roughly 45 degrees (looking down at the frame), so I needed a TV wall mount that had a mounting plate that could be adjusted down at least 20 degrees. This VideoSecu unit does this, and with all its other motions allows me to set up the frame so everyone in our living room, whether sitting or standing, sees a good quality picture on the Nix.
Note: You can adjust the bolts so that each motion has enough friction to allow you to make changes without having to loosen/retighten the bolts.
The only motion you can't easily adjust is the tilt right or left - this is set when the unit is screwed to the wall. Fortunately the bottom screw hole is not round but rather a wide slot, so you make sure the mounting plate for the TV/monitor is level as you tighten the lower screw into the wall.
We used the included plastic anchors when mounting this into drywall. I think this will be OK since our digital frame is very light - if I were mounting a heavier TV, I wouldn't trust plastic wall anchors but would screw directly into a wood stud.
on January 10, 2017
I did have this as a 5-Star, but reduced to 3 since I've had to fix this thing 5 or 6 times already and I can imagine it will last a couple months before having to buy a new one (but not this one). I purchased this in order to mount a PC Monitor to the wall to free up desk space. The problem with it is the swivel arm is way too long and cheaply manufactured and it droops and there's no way to tighten it up. The monitor I mounted is only 2 pounds, but you'd think I had a Ford Focus attached to it. Even having it flush up against the wall, it still droops and the monitor won't stay positioned flat. For the price, it was worth it as a quick fix, but this is no long-term item.