Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19,358 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20,241 reviews
on June 9, 2016
I used to install TVs for people professionally, so I have used many different mounting systems. I was looking for something cheap, but reliable to hang a 50" LG 50LA6200 LCD TV. I looked at a lot of options both on Amazon as well as elsewhere before settling in this one. I am happy that I did!

For starters, this comes with EVERYTHING that you could possible need to hang your TV, with the exception of a #2 phillips head screwdriver and a drill. Included are a complete assortment of screws, bolts and washers (all neatly organized and labeled in individual packets), a double-sided spanner wrench, a very nice magnetic level, and even a 10' HDMI cable. The instructions say to use the "optional" expansion kit for larger TVs. Usually, this is code for "kit not included." I was pleasantly surprised to find that that was not the case here. For once, the "optional" kit was actually included!

Installation was a breeze for me, even without instructions since I already know how this works, but I found the instructions relatively easy to follow for those who need them. All of the various configurations for the expansion arms can get confusing, but just try each one until you find the right setup for your TV.

** PLEASE NOTE **
There is one change to the instructions that I highly suggest, however. The instructions say to drill a 7/32" pilot hole into the stud for each mounting bolt. Then screw the bolt in with a phillips head screwdriver. When I first mounted this (I wound up moving it shortly thereafter), I followed the suggestions for the pilot hole. Sure enough the screw did thread in easily... a little TOO easily. The second hole from the top actually stripped out and I was not putting much force behind the screwdriver at all! When I moved this to the other side of the room, I decided to go with a smaller pilot bit. I used a 3/16" bit instead. Granted, you are not going to thread the bolt in with a screwdriver - you will need a 10mm socket - but doing it this way, those bolts are not going anywhere! You could probably get away with a 13/64" bit, but to really protect your expensive TV, I would want all of the bite I could get!

I also found that the inside diameter of one of the washers was a smidge too small for the bolt to go through. I just enlarged it with a round needle file, but since they don't include any spares, if you don't have a file or another washer laying around, you'll need to get one. Just thought I'd throw that out there in the interest of full disclosure.

Once this was installed, I was impressed with not only the sturdiness, but also with the complete range of motion. This is fully articulated. You can put your TV pretty much anywhere you want to. The only thing it can't do is move your TV up or down, although you can tilt it to a certain degree.
22 comments| 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
8/28/2017 UPDATE: The review and the pictures below are accurate for the TV mount I purchased on 01/26/2015. From the comments I am getting for the past 6 months, it seems that the seller might have changed the product since, and my review and pictures might not match the current product. That is not under my control, seller should have created a new listing for the new product but chose instead to use the same listing because of the 19000+ reviews posted. So please don't blame it on me, I'm just a customer that wrote a review to the product I received back in 2015.

Original review written on 03/02/2015:

Bought it to mount 3 LED TVs (2x65", 1x50") in an office, chose this model mostly because of the lockable feature. I didn't use the included lag bolts because of the poor quality complaints in previous reviews. I didn't want to take the chance to strip the included bolts so I bought 5/16-9 2-1/2 lag bolts from Lowes (item 63396) and a box of 1/4" Toggler bolts (Lowes item 118084). On one of the 65" TVs and the 50" TV, the 2x4 studs were spaced perfectly and I was able to mount them using 4 lag bolts each. On the other 65" TV, the stud was about 2" off center so I put 2 lag bolts in the stud and 4 toggler bolts in the left and right most holes. I put my entire weight (200 lbs) on each mount half way extended and they held up just fine. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Good quality mount
2. Ability to adjust the horizontal leveling (plus/minus 6 deg)
3. Lockable mount with 5 mm holes. Most pad locks you can find in stores have 6 mm shackle diameter, but I found the Master Lock 131Q has 5 mm locks and it fit just right.
4. 10 ft HDMI cable included
5. Long arms give you the option of moving the TV in almost any position.

Cons:
1. There is nothing to stop the TV from sliding from one way to the other on the two horizontal bars. That would screw up the horizontal alignment every time the TV is moved. Not sure how they didn't think about this. I used some black duct tape to prevent that. I could have drilled holes in the horizontal bars and put some screws in but duck tape was faster.
2. I wish I could have been able to use zip ties to route the cable on the wall side from the lower side to the upper side or the mount, but there are no holes to get the zip ties in.

Very happy with the purchase overall, would buy again in a heartbeat.

You can see how it looks with a 65" TV attached in the pictures below.

[...].
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
2121 comments| 1,022 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2016
So I was very skeptical of this product when I first looked at it, lots of people saying it would tear out of the wall shortly after installation and all that. Lemme tell you, they just did it wrong or like complete idiots; you do no use dry-wall mounts for a heavy TV, possibly a lighter TV, and I can not stress the word "Light" enough. No one should be using dry-wall mounts in the first place, they are not reliable... plain and simple.

Anyways, back to my experience with the product. I have it mounted above my Xbox One about 4 feet off the ground. I mounted to a stud in the wall and right after that, my roommate who weighs around 150 LBS hung off of it for about 5 seconds at the base and it didn't even budge; now that's a tough wall mount if I ever saw one! I put my 40" Samsung TV on the mount, and I can extend/swivel/angle/tilt it however I want.

The gear it comes with is pretty high quality and especially the level. For an add on to the product the level is pretty decent for it's designed purpose. The packaging is well done and the parts are all labeled well and accordingly. Make sure you use washers on the outside of the mount before you put the TV adapter on your TV, they will save you a lot of grief.

I've had this wall mount for a month so I felt pretty confident in writing a review. I'll add some pictures to let you know the range of motion as well as how the TV looks how I attached the adapter and the part where it's mounted to the wall. I can sit specifically off to the side and enjoy the TV along, I can turn it to look at my PC area so I can play while I talk to friends on Skype or other chat programs and I can turn it to look at my bed and I can enjoy Neflix or Hulu as I lay in bed, nice and cozy.

I hope you all enjoyed my review, it's been a blast and I'll be willing to answer any questions you might have.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2012
I mounted a 60" Sharp LED TV to this mount with no problems. I recieved it sooner than expected & it was 98% assembled out of the box. I followed the directions, took the time to do it right & it took about 20 minutes.

I always read the negative reviews first & I am baffled as to how people can have problems with this product. This mount is well made & I would recommend it to anyone that is concerned over the reviews stating it sags.

The mount can be easily installed by one person as I did below: You may need help to hang your tv on it once it is installed. I am laying this out because of the problems I read about in the other reviews.

1. Figure out where your studs are & drive a pin or finish nail on each side of it to be certain where the centers are. Make these small holes about 1/4" above where your mount holes will be drilled. These small holes will be covered by your mount.
2. Drill your first pilot hole into the center of the stud & run the first lag bolt & washer through the mount & get it near snug.
3. Extend the bracket so you can lean against it.
4. While leaning against the mount in a eyed up level position, lay your level on top of the wall bracket & get it level.
5. Pull your pencil from behind your ear & mark the second hole which is on the opposite side of your first hole.
6. Let it back down & drill the second hole in the center of the stud.
7. Move the mount back to the level position & install the lag bolt & washer.
8. Tighten the two lag bolts so they are just about crushing the mount into the wall.
8. You can now drill your bottom holes & install the lag bolts & washers. Make sure you are in the center of the studs.
10. Tighten & retighten all four lag bolts. If these are not tight, you will have problems with the TV sagging when the mount is extended. It is critical that the four lag bolt are tight against the mount. If you skip using the washers, you reduce the strength & stiffness of your mount.

Any fine tuning needed can be done on the 3 bolt swivel plate after the TV is on the mount.

The mounting bracket has holes so you can install mud rings & plates for your wiring. I will be installing a recessed power outlet on one side & a brush cover faceplate on the other for the signal cables on the other. The mounting bracket has wire chases so everything is neat & held to avoid crushing cables.

The only thing I will do to modify the mount is to drill a small hole in the upper portion of each pivot point to allow me to easily give each pivot a shot of WD-40 once in awhile. This should keep it operating smoothly & keep things from getting tweaked if it gets a little sticky from dust & oxidation.
1111 comments| 636 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
Based upon some of the reviews, I mounted support brackets between two studs and using a heavy duty toggle bolts, mounted the wall mount. It went up in about 90 minutes and is solid! Used heavy duty screws to assure it will not fall from the wall.

Kit includes level and cable as stated and is great! Articulates out and nice adjustment of the angle. TV looks great!
review image review image
44 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2016
For my purpose, which was mounting a 40" LED TV to a corner of work out room, this mount did a great job. I mounted the mount with the included wood stud screws. I pre drilled per the instructions and then mounted the mount. It was a little tricky figuring out the configuration depending on your mounting pattern on the rear of your tv but it has various options. Assembly took about 10 minutes and mounting was not very hard, but you will need a helper to hold the tv. Once mounted you have various options of articulation and tilt which is great. The arm can articulate in either direction which is a great help as I have mounted some that only articulate in one direction (Picture your arm bending at the elbow in both directions or just one direction). I was a little concerned about moving the mount a great deal as it is held on by 4 bolts mounted to the wall (Wood beam in my case) in a vertical pattern but it is more that strong enough. My kids move it all the time without issue. It has tabs that you can tighten and loosen if you want to keep the current position.
on November 7, 2016
This item is pretty easy to install. In fact, I can't see how it could be any easier. This product even comes with an HDMI cable which I would guess is about 6 feet long. Here's a tip: Your flat screen TV should have some "bolt holes" on the backside. Measure the distance between the bolt holes on the back of your TV (the bolt pattern). Then locate that same measurement (bolt pattern), within the instructions. Hopefully, you will find it. Then just follow the directions for that particular bolt pattern. The trickiest part to the entire installation was finding a vertical wooden stud inside the wall on which to bolt this TV mount. I have a magnetic stud finder that locates nails in the wall. Why is this worth mentioning? Because...where there are nails in the wall... you can bet that there is a wooden stud in the same spot.
on July 18, 2016
Great price and great mount! We ended up drilling a hole slightly off center in the mount to make sure it adhered to the stud okay. Other than that, all parts are included! I forgot to buy an extra outlet to hide the cords but will add one later. There's definitely room with this mount to do that. Very happy!
review image review image review image
on May 9, 2017
Purchased this and received it next day through Prime. I had always been hesitant to attempt this with vision of a TV crashing to the floor, but after being assured by a friend that it really was simple I made the purchase. It took about twenty minutes to install from start to finish. As long as you have the ability to find a wall stud the whole process is seamless. I would suggest having an extra set of hands to actually attach the TV to the mount, especially if you are putting it higher on the wall. The kit comes with everything you could possibly need to put the mount on the wall. Every size of screw you may need was in the packaging. The only extra tool I needed was a drill which is needed to prepare the pilot holes. I have already purchased a couple more to install in other rooms/
on June 21, 2017
Seems solid enough for my older model Vizio, which is pretty heavy. The installation is easy, attaching to the wall us simple enough, they even give you a little level (which is a pretty handy size for other stuff). It is required that the unit be mounted to a stud, which I would do anyway on something this heavy.

Attaching the arms to the back of the set is an exercise in trial and error but I got it after a couple of tries. Hoisting the set onto the wall unit is fairly easy using the guide tab on the mounting bracket. I did it alone, but would be better as a two man job, There is lots of left over nuts and screws which would be used in other installations.