Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 9, 2016
I used to install TVs for people professionally, so I have used many different mounting systems. I was looking for something cheap, but reliable to hang a 50" LG 50LA6200 LCD TV. I looked at a lot of options both on Amazon as well as elsewhere before settling in this one. I am happy that I did!

For starters, this comes with EVERYTHING that you could possible need to hang your TV, with the exception of a #2 phillips head screwdriver and a drill. Included are a complete assortment of screws, bolts and washers (all neatly organized and labeled in individual packets), a double-sided spanner wrench, a very nice magnetic level, and even a 10' HDMI cable. The instructions say to use the "optional" expansion kit for larger TVs. Usually, this is code for "kit not included." I was pleasantly surprised to find that that was not the case here. For once, the "optional" kit was actually included!

Installation was a breeze for me, even without instructions since I already know how this works, but I found the instructions relatively easy to follow for those who need them. All of the various configurations for the expansion arms can get confusing, but just try each one until you find the right setup for your TV.

** PLEASE NOTE **
There is one change to the instructions that I highly suggest, however. The instructions say to drill a 7/32" pilot hole into the stud for each mounting bolt. Then screw the bolt in with a phillips head screwdriver. When I first mounted this (I wound up moving it shortly thereafter), I followed the suggestions for the pilot hole. Sure enough the screw did thread in easily... a little TOO easily. The second hole from the top actually stripped out and I was not putting much force behind the screwdriver at all! When I moved this to the other side of the room, I decided to go with a smaller pilot bit. I used a 3/16" bit instead. Granted, you are not going to thread the bolt in with a screwdriver - you will need a 10mm socket - but doing it this way, those bolts are not going anywhere! You could probably get away with a 13/64" bit, but to really protect your expensive TV, I would want all of the bite I could get!

I also found that the inside diameter of one of the washers was a smidge too small for the bolt to go through. I just enlarged it with a round needle file, but since they don't include any spares, if you don't have a file or another washer laying around, you'll need to get one. Just thought I'd throw that out there in the interest of full disclosure.

Once this was installed, I was impressed with not only the sturdiness, but also with the complete range of motion. This is fully articulated. You can put your TV pretty much anywhere you want to. The only thing it can't do is move your TV up or down, although you can tilt it to a certain degree.
22 comments| 361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
8/28/2017 UPDATE: The review and the pictures below are accurate for the TV mount I purchased on 01/26/2015. From the comments I am getting for the past 6 months, it seems that the seller might have changed the product since, and my review and pictures might not match the current product. That is not under my control, seller should have created a new listing for the new product but chose instead to use the same listing because of the 19000+ reviews posted. So please don't blame it on me, I'm just a customer that wrote a review to the product I received back in 2015.

Original review written on 03/02/2015:

Bought it to mount 3 LED TVs (2x65", 1x50") in an office, chose this model mostly because of the lockable feature. I didn't use the included lag bolts because of the poor quality complaints in previous reviews. I didn't want to take the chance to strip the included bolts so I bought 5/16-9 2-1/2 lag bolts from Lowes (item 63396) and a box of 1/4" Toggler bolts (Lowes item 118084). On one of the 65" TVs and the 50" TV, the 2x4 studs were spaced perfectly and I was able to mount them using 4 lag bolts each. On the other 65" TV, the stud was about 2" off center so I put 2 lag bolts in the stud and 4 toggler bolts in the left and right most holes. I put my entire weight (200 lbs) on each mount half way extended and they held up just fine. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Good quality mount
2. Ability to adjust the horizontal leveling (plus/minus 6 deg)
3. Lockable mount with 5 mm holes. Most pad locks you can find in stores have 6 mm shackle diameter, but I found the Master Lock 131Q has 5 mm locks and it fit just right.
4. 10 ft HDMI cable included
5. Long arms give you the option of moving the TV in almost any position.

Cons:
1. There is nothing to stop the TV from sliding from one way to the other on the two horizontal bars. That would screw up the horizontal alignment every time the TV is moved. Not sure how they didn't think about this. I used some black duct tape to prevent that. I could have drilled holes in the horizontal bars and put some screws in but duck tape was faster.
2. I wish I could have been able to use zip ties to route the cable on the wall side from the lower side to the upper side or the mount, but there are no holes to get the zip ties in.

Very happy with the purchase overall, would buy again in a heartbeat.

You can see how it looks with a 65" TV attached in the pictures below.

[...].
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
2121 comments| 1,044 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2016
So I was very skeptical of this product when I first looked at it, lots of people saying it would tear out of the wall shortly after installation and all that. Lemme tell you, they just did it wrong or like complete idiots; you do no use dry-wall mounts for a heavy TV, possibly a lighter TV, and I can not stress the word "Light" enough. No one should be using dry-wall mounts in the first place, they are not reliable... plain and simple.

Anyways, back to my experience with the product. I have it mounted above my Xbox One about 4 feet off the ground. I mounted to a stud in the wall and right after that, my roommate who weighs around 150 LBS hung off of it for about 5 seconds at the base and it didn't even budge; now that's a tough wall mount if I ever saw one! I put my 40" Samsung TV on the mount, and I can extend/swivel/angle/tilt it however I want.

The gear it comes with is pretty high quality and especially the level. For an add on to the product the level is pretty decent for it's designed purpose. The packaging is well done and the parts are all labeled well and accordingly. Make sure you use washers on the outside of the mount before you put the TV adapter on your TV, they will save you a lot of grief.

I've had this wall mount for a month so I felt pretty confident in writing a review. I'll add some pictures to let you know the range of motion as well as how the TV looks how I attached the adapter and the part where it's mounted to the wall. I can sit specifically off to the side and enjoy the TV along, I can turn it to look at my PC area so I can play while I talk to friends on Skype or other chat programs and I can turn it to look at my bed and I can enjoy Neflix or Hulu as I lay in bed, nice and cozy.

I hope you all enjoyed my review, it's been a blast and I'll be willing to answer any questions you might have.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2012
I mounted a 60" Sharp LED TV to this mount with no problems. I recieved it sooner than expected & it was 98% assembled out of the box. I followed the directions, took the time to do it right & it took about 20 minutes.

I always read the negative reviews first & I am baffled as to how people can have problems with this product. This mount is well made & I would recommend it to anyone that is concerned over the reviews stating it sags.

The mount can be easily installed by one person as I did below: You may need help to hang your tv on it once it is installed. I am laying this out because of the problems I read about in the other reviews.

1. Figure out where your studs are & drive a pin or finish nail on each side of it to be certain where the centers are. Make these small holes about 1/4" above where your mount holes will be drilled. These small holes will be covered by your mount.
2. Drill your first pilot hole into the center of the stud & run the first lag bolt & washer through the mount & get it near snug.
3. Extend the bracket so you can lean against it.
4. While leaning against the mount in a eyed up level position, lay your level on top of the wall bracket & get it level.
5. Pull your pencil from behind your ear & mark the second hole which is on the opposite side of your first hole.
6. Let it back down & drill the second hole in the center of the stud.
7. Move the mount back to the level position & install the lag bolt & washer.
8. Tighten the two lag bolts so they are just about crushing the mount into the wall.
8. You can now drill your bottom holes & install the lag bolts & washers. Make sure you are in the center of the studs.
10. Tighten & retighten all four lag bolts. If these are not tight, you will have problems with the TV sagging when the mount is extended. It is critical that the four lag bolt are tight against the mount. If you skip using the washers, you reduce the strength & stiffness of your mount.

Any fine tuning needed can be done on the 3 bolt swivel plate after the TV is on the mount.

The mounting bracket has holes so you can install mud rings & plates for your wiring. I will be installing a recessed power outlet on one side & a brush cover faceplate on the other for the signal cables on the other. The mounting bracket has wire chases so everything is neat & held to avoid crushing cables.

The only thing I will do to modify the mount is to drill a small hole in the upper portion of each pivot point to allow me to easily give each pivot a shot of WD-40 once in awhile. This should keep it operating smoothly & keep things from getting tweaked if it gets a little sticky from dust & oxidation.
1111 comments| 642 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
Based upon some of the reviews, I mounted support brackets between two studs and using a heavy duty toggle bolts, mounted the wall mount. It went up in about 90 minutes and is solid! Used heavy duty screws to assure it will not fall from the wall.

Kit includes level and cable as stated and is great! Articulates out and nice adjustment of the angle. TV looks great!
review image review image
55 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2017
You won't find anything better, even for twice the price. I might buy another as a gift. VERY sturdily made. Adjusts to just about every viewing angle you could possibly want. But just as importantly, it comes with a huge assortment of hardened black steel hardware, a magnetic level for use while mounting it, a nice hex wrench, and more.

I bought this for my workshop so I could use my son's Vizio 32" Smart TV while he's living at home (he has his XBox-One hooked up to my 52" SONY Bravia), so in the photos below, I don't have the nice plastic trim pieces installed. If you put this in your living room, that sort of trim is also included.
on September 12, 2017
Love these things so much I bought one to hang Mom's TV on the wall even though she wasn't quite sure she would like it. Well, she loves it as much as I do mine. Using 32" TV's with different mounting schemes on back of TV's and it holds them rock solid to the walls. Can't go wrong IMHO, because these mounts have no problem at all whether ordering for a newer TV, such as my light as a feather 32" Vizio, or my heavy 4+ year old Vizio which I gave to Mom (1080p with excellent picture, as usual for Vizio).

Also, love the feature in which you can straighten the TV if not level. Got to love engineers!!!
on October 23, 2017
This is a fantastic wall mount. It comes with everything you need to mount to almost any TV. Reading the reviews, I did use a different drill bit then what was in the instructions, because I wanted the bolt to have as much bite into the wood stud as it possibly could. My only issue, was that the screw holes on the back of my TV were different than the recommended screws, but that wasn't a problem with this kit, because it comes with multitudes of screws for different combinations of TVs. The only thing that it didn't have, was larger washers, but I had those in my stash of misc. hardware. This is a very well made mount, very durable and heavy duty. Instructions are very easy to understand and follow along. I am very happy and pleased with my decision to go with this mount. I love the ability to swing the TV in any direction I want. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a high quality TV wall mount. My TV is a 32".
on October 4, 2017
I am very pleased by the quality of this LCD wall mount. The box contained many tools and pieces I did not expect such as a level, HDMI cable, and wrench for tightening the various bolts. It took me less than half-an-hour to mount my 21" LG computer monitor on the wall of my workshop. The wall is raw wooden patina, so I wasn't especially concerned with locating a stud, etc-- used just two of my own drywall screws and the fixture is solid. Considering the HDMI cable alone would cost five bucks, this is a very cheap price for a good mount.

The instructions appear to be well-written for something that appears to have been entirely produced in Asia. I didn't need the instructions as the whole thing was pretty self-explanatory.

Note: I'm using a relatively lightweight display on this mount. A heavier 55" HDTV might require more consideration regarding wall studs, etc.
on January 8, 2015
I was a bit apprehensive when ordering this mount. I hate to buy stuff without "touching it first". I must say I am well pleased with this wall mount. The small box it arrived in was a bit of a surprise as I expected a bigger box. The packaging was a work of art. Everything fitted to allow for the small package. Mount appears to be very solid. Directions were adequate and easy to follow. I was impressed with the packing of the screws and washers, etc. They were all in a long plastic bag with each type of screw, washer, tool, etc. in it's own compartment and each was clearly marked as to size, etc. There were quite a few as it is made to be able to fit many different size TV's. It was easy to install. If your TV is small one can probably do it by their self. Mine is a 55 inch TV and I had a friend help me lift it into place just to be on the safe side. You mount the arm on the wall and the mounting plate on the TV and then it just fits on to the arm. It even has a level so you can make sure mount is straight and level. I would recommend this mount for any TV up to 55 inches. Update: July 2016 Ordered a second one of these for new TV in living room because first one worked out so well. Adding a couple of pics. showing how item is packed.