Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18,368 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,153 reviews
on June 9, 2016
I used to install TVs for people professionally, so I have used many different mounting systems. I was looking for something cheap, but reliable to hang a 50" LG 50LA6200 LCD TV. I looked at a lot of options both on Amazon as well as elsewhere before settling in this one. I am happy that I did!

For starters, this comes with EVERYTHING that you could possible need to hang your TV, with the exception of a #2 phillips head screwdriver and a drill. Included are a complete assortment of screws, bolts and washers (all neatly organized and labeled in individual packets), a double-sided spanner wrench, a very nice magnetic level, and even a 10' HDMI cable. The instructions say to use the "optional" expansion kit for larger TVs. Usually, this is code for "kit not included." I was pleasantly surprised to find that that was not the case here. For once, the "optional" kit was actually included!

Installation was a breeze for me, even without instructions since I already know how this works, but I found the instructions relatively easy to follow for those who need them. All of the various configurations for the expansion arms can get confusing, but just try each one until you find the right setup for your TV.

** PLEASE NOTE **
There is one change to the instructions that I highly suggest, however. The instructions say to drill a 7/32" pilot hole into the stud for each mounting bolt. Then screw the bolt in with a phillips head screwdriver. When I first mounted this (I wound up moving it shortly thereafter), I followed the suggestions for the pilot hole. Sure enough the screw did thread in easily... a little TOO easily. The second hole from the top actually stripped out and I was not putting much force behind the screwdriver at all! When I moved this to the other side of the room, I decided to go with a smaller pilot bit. I used a 3/16" bit instead. Granted, you are not going to thread the bolt in with a screwdriver - you will need a 10mm socket - but doing it this way, those bolts are not going anywhere! You could probably get away with a 13/64" bit, but to really protect your expensive TV, I would want all of the bite I could get!

I also found that the inside diameter of one of the washers was a smidge too small for the bolt to go through. I just enlarged it with a round needle file, but since they don't include any spares, if you don't have a file or another washer laying around, you'll need to get one. Just thought I'd throw that out there in the interest of full disclosure.

Once this was installed, I was impressed with not only the sturdiness, but also with the complete range of motion. This is fully articulated. You can put your TV pretty much anywhere you want to. The only thing it can't do is move your TV up or down, although you can tilt it to a certain degree.
0Comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
Bought it to mount 3 LED TVs (2x65", 1x50") in an office, chose this model mostly because of the lockable feature. I didn't use the included lag bolts because of the poor quality complaints in previous reviews. I didn't want to take the chance to strip the included bolts so I bought 5/16-9 2-1/2 lag bolts from Lowes (item 63396) and a box of 1/4" Toggler bolts (Lowes item 118084). On one of the 65" TVs and the 50" TV, the 2x4 studs were spaced perfectly and I was able to mount them using 4 lag bolts each. On the other 65" TV, the stud was about 2" off center so I put 2 lag bolts in the stud and 4 toggler bolts in the left and right most holes. I put my entire weight (200 lbs) on each mount half way extended and they held up just fine. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Good quality mount
2. Ability to adjust the horizontal leveling (plus/minus 6 deg)
3. Lockable mount with 5 mm holes. Most pad locks you can find in stores have 6 mm shackle diameter, but I found the Master Lock 131Q has 5 mm locks and it fit just right.
4. 10 ft HDMI cable included
5. Long arms give you the option of moving the TV in almost any position.

Cons:
1. There is nothing to stop the TV from sliding from one way to the other on the two horizontal bars. That would screw up the horizontal alignment every time the TV is moved. Not sure how they didn't think about this. I used some black duct tape to prevent that. I could have drilled holes in the horizontal bars and put some screws in but duck tape was faster.
2. I wish I could have been able to use zip ties to route the cable on the wall side from the lower side to the upper side or the mount, but there are no holes to get the zip ties in.

Very happy with the purchase overall, would buy again in a heartbeat.

You can see how it looks with a 65" TV attached in the pictures below.

[...].
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
1313 comments| 907 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2012
I mounted a 60" Sharp LED TV to this mount with no problems. I recieved it sooner than expected & it was 98% assembled out of the box. I followed the directions, took the time to do it right & it took about 20 minutes.

I always read the negative reviews first & I am baffled as to how people can have problems with this product. This mount is well made & I would recommend it to anyone that is concerned over the reviews stating it sags.

The mount can be easily installed by one person as I did below: You may need help to hang your tv on it once it is installed. I am laying this out because of the problems I read about in the other reviews.

1. Figure out where your studs are & drive a pin or finish nail on each side of it to be certain where the centers are. Make these small holes about 1/4" above where your mount holes will be drilled. These small holes will be covered by your mount.
2. Drill your first pilot hole into the center of the stud & run the first lag bolt & washer through the mount & get it near snug.
3. Extend the bracket so you can lean against it.
4. While leaning against the mount in a eyed up level position, lay your level on top of the wall bracket & get it level.
5. Pull your pencil from behind your ear & mark the second hole which is on the opposite side of your first hole.
6. Let it back down & drill the second hole in the center of the stud.
7. Move the mount back to the level position & install the lag bolt & washer.
8. Tighten the two lag bolts so they are just about crushing the mount into the wall.
8. You can now drill your bottom holes & install the lag bolts & washers. Make sure you are in the center of the studs.
10. Tighten & retighten all four lag bolts. If these are not tight, you will have problems with the TV sagging when the mount is extended. It is critical that the four lag bolt are tight against the mount. If you skip using the washers, you reduce the strength & stiffness of your mount.

Any fine tuning needed can be done on the 3 bolt swivel plate after the TV is on the mount.

The mounting bracket has holes so you can install mud rings & plates for your wiring. I will be installing a recessed power outlet on one side & a brush cover faceplate on the other for the signal cables on the other. The mounting bracket has wire chases so everything is neat & held to avoid crushing cables.

The only thing I will do to modify the mount is to drill a small hole in the upper portion of each pivot point to allow me to easily give each pivot a shot of WD-40 once in awhile. This should keep it operating smoothly & keep things from getting tweaked if it gets a little sticky from dust & oxidation.
1111 comments| 624 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2016
So I was very skeptical of this product when I first looked at it, lots of people saying it would tear out of the wall shortly after installation and all that. Lemme tell you, they just did it wrong or like complete idiots; you do no use dry-wall mounts for a heavy TV, possibly a lighter TV, and I can not stress the word "Light" enough. No one should be using dry-wall mounts in the first place, they are not reliable... plain and simple.

Anyways, back to my experience with the product. I have it mounted above my Xbox One about 4 feet off the ground. I mounted to a stud in the wall and right after that, my roommate who weighs around 150 LBS hung off of it for about 5 seconds at the base and it didn't even budge; now that's a tough wall mount if I ever saw one! I put my 40" Samsung TV on the mount, and I can extend/swivel/angle/tilt it however I want.

The gear it comes with is pretty high quality and especially the level. For an add on to the product the level is pretty decent for it's designed purpose. The packaging is well done and the parts are all labeled well and accordingly. Make sure you use washers on the outside of the mount before you put the TV adapter on your TV, they will save you a lot of grief.

I've had this wall mount for a month so I felt pretty confident in writing a review. I'll add some pictures to let you know the range of motion as well as how the TV looks how I attached the adapter and the part where it's mounted to the wall. I can sit specifically off to the side and enjoy the TV along, I can turn it to look at my PC area so I can play while I talk to friends on Skype or other chat programs and I can turn it to look at my bed and I can enjoy Neflix or Hulu as I lay in bed, nice and cozy.

I hope you all enjoyed my review, it's been a blast and I'll be willing to answer any questions you might have.
review image review image review image
on July 14, 2016
Nice quality. Fully adjustable: swivel, tilt, and moves in and out from wall. Comes with the screws, a level with a magnetic base, HDMI cable, and other brackets. Used it to mount a hand dryer. I didn't use the extra brackets for this application. Also, came with a HDMI cable. Will use it for another project. I gave the level to my son when I was done with it. Saved me a few seconds from having to go get mine.
review image review image review image
on January 31, 2016
Based upon some of the reviews, I mounted support brackets between two studs and using a heavy duty toggle bolts, mounted the wall mount. It went up in about 90 minutes and is solid! Used heavy duty screws to assure it will not fall from the wall.

Kit includes level and cable as stated and is great! Articulates out and nice adjustment of the angle. TV looks great!
review image review image
44 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2016
Anyone else having this issue with their TV and this mount? It's blocking the video input on my tv LG 50" fl6100

Kind of a big deal
review image review image
on April 17, 2017
Let me just start by saying while I was really Blown Away by the quality of this TV wall mount that I had got from my garage to hang a 50 inch TV up instead of having it on a bench I had out there. So I was pretty anxious to open it up and try it I was actually really surprised on how much weight the product itself actually has the bracket on him seems very well-constructed everything seem to be very sturdy and not flimsy. So once I figured out where the studs were and mark them with the stud finder it was really easy to install and maybe took me 30 minutes to install it it took me longer to find the right bit to install the lag bolts into the wall. I was kind of nervous when installing it because this is the first wall mount I've ever installed by myself. I was actually really surprised at how easy it was. my 50-inch really isn't that heavy of a TV I was able to install it by myself with no help and hold the TV up why I got the bracket into place for the tv to be mounted on. Also I like how it's really easy to the TV swivels and hold the TV pretty securely as well. Overall I would definitely recommend this wall mount to anybody out there considering getting one this one's definitely worth the money and also a lot cheaper than some of the other ones I seen on there you can read some of the other reviews that converts for have a great this product actually is.

If you have any questions about this wall mount feel free to ask me also if you felt my review to be helpful please check this was helpful... Thanks!
review image
on September 29, 2016
Product is sturdy and well built but the screw that came with it are not really good. One of the lag bolt screw broke while I was tightening it in the wall stud. 3/4 of the screw is stuck in the wall. Now I can't remove it since its inside the wall so I need to make another hole and run to Lowes to buy another lag bolt screw. I would suggest to buy a different set of screws in your local hardware store before you use this product.
review image
on January 29, 2016
 After pricing these mounts out at the local brick and mortar electronics superstores and nearly falling over in shock, we found these moderately priced beauties here on Amazon to mount two 32" sets in the kids' rooms. They're actually quite nice. They're painted flat black over steel, and have some good girth to them, so I don't see any issues with holding the weight securely. And they've got a nice tilt adjustment too. When pushed all the way back to the wall, there's ample room for cabling, but they're still pretty close to the wall - I'd say about an inch, maybe two tops, hardly noticeable in most situations. There is a surprisingly large amount of bolts included that should fit just about any type of popular flat screen television. Also, there is a small plastic level that will help you install this properly. Installation was easy - pre-drill then mount the first screw into a stud, and level off the next ones. There is plenty of room to tuck your cables into a hole in the wall if you want to drop them a few feet below. The separate bracket screws directly on the back of your flat panel, then slips on the mount and is secured with two small screws. There's even an HDMI cable included - ours was 6' long. Great deal for the price with lots of added surprises.