Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17,444 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18,260 reviews
on June 9, 2016
I used to install TVs for people professionally, so I have used many different mounting systems. I was looking for something cheap, but reliable to hang a 50" LG 50LA6200 LCD TV. I looked at a lot of options both on Amazon as well as elsewhere before settling in this one. I am happy that I did!

For starters, this comes with EVERYTHING that you could possible need to hang your TV, with the exception of a #2 phillips head screwdriver and a drill. Included are a complete assortment of screws, bolts and washers (all neatly organized and labeled in individual packets), a double-sided spanner wrench, a very nice magnetic level, and even a 10' HDMI cable. The instructions say to use the "optional" expansion kit for larger TVs. Usually, this is code for "kit not included." I was pleasantly surprised to find that that was not the case here. For once, the "optional" kit was actually included!

Installation was a breeze for me, even without instructions since I already know how this works, but I found the instructions relatively easy to follow for those who need them. All of the various configurations for the expansion arms can get confusing, but just try each one until you find the right setup for your TV.

** PLEASE NOTE **
There is one change to the instructions that I highly suggest, however. The instructions say to drill a 7/32" pilot hole into the stud for each mounting bolt. Then screw the bolt in with a phillips head screwdriver. When I first mounted this (I wound up moving it shortly thereafter), I followed the suggestions for the pilot hole. Sure enough the screw did thread in easily... a little TOO easily. The second hole from the top actually stripped out and I was not putting much force behind the screwdriver at all! When I moved this to the other side of the room, I decided to go with a smaller pilot bit. I used a 3/16" bit instead. Granted, you are not going to thread the bolt in with a screwdriver - you will need a 10mm socket - but doing it this way, those bolts are not going anywhere! You could probably get away with a 13/64" bit, but to really protect your expensive TV, I would want all of the bite I could get!

I also found that the inside diameter of one of the washers was a smidge too small for the bolt to go through. I just enlarged it with a round needle file, but since they don't include any spares, if you don't have a file or another washer laying around, you'll need to get one. Just thought I'd throw that out there in the interest of full disclosure.

Once this was installed, I was impressed with not only the sturdiness, but also with the complete range of motion. This is fully articulated. You can put your TV pretty much anywhere you want to. The only thing it can't do is move your TV up or down, although you can tilt it to a certain degree.
22 comments| 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2016
So I was very skeptical of this product when I first looked at it, lots of people saying it would tear out of the wall shortly after installation and all that. Lemme tell you, they just did it wrong or like complete idiots; you do no use dry-wall mounts for a heavy TV, possibly a lighter TV, and I can not stress the word "Light" enough. No one should be using dry-wall mounts in the first place, they are not reliable... plain and simple.

Anyways, back to my experience with the product. I have it mounted above my Xbox One about 4 feet off the ground. I mounted to a stud in the wall and right after that, my roommate who weighs around 150 LBS hung off of it for about 5 seconds at the base and it didn't even budge; now that's a tough wall mount if I ever saw one! I put my 40" Samsung TV on the mount, and I can extend/swivel/angle/tilt it however I want.

The gear it comes with is pretty high quality and especially the level. For an add on to the product the level is pretty decent for it's designed purpose. The packaging is well done and the parts are all labeled well and accordingly. Make sure you use washers on the outside of the mount before you put the TV adapter on your TV, they will save you a lot of grief.

I've had this wall mount for a month so I felt pretty confident in writing a review. I'll add some pictures to let you know the range of motion as well as how the TV looks how I attached the adapter and the part where it's mounted to the wall. I can sit specifically off to the side and enjoy the TV along, I can turn it to look at my PC area so I can play while I talk to friends on Skype or other chat programs and I can turn it to look at my bed and I can enjoy Neflix or Hulu as I lay in bed, nice and cozy.

I hope you all enjoyed my review, it's been a blast and I'll be willing to answer any questions you might have.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
Based upon some of the reviews, I mounted support brackets between two studs and using a heavy duty toggle bolts, mounted the wall mount. It went up in about 90 minutes and is solid! Used heavy duty screws to assure it will not fall from the wall.

Kit includes level and cable as stated and is great! Articulates out and nice adjustment of the angle. TV looks great!
review image review image
44 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2016
For my purpose, which was mounting a 40" LED TV to a corner of work out room, this mount did a great job. I mounted the mount with the included wood stud screws. I pre drilled per the instructions and then mounted the mount. It was a little tricky figuring out the configuration depending on your mounting pattern on the rear of your tv but it has various options. Assembly took about 10 minutes and mounting was not very hard, but you will need a helper to hold the tv. Once mounted you have various options of articulation and tilt which is great. The arm can articulate in either direction which is a great help as I have mounted some that only articulate in one direction (Picture your arm bending at the elbow in both directions or just one direction). I was a little concerned about moving the mount a great deal as it is held on by 4 bolts mounted to the wall (Wood beam in my case) in a vertical pattern but it is more that strong enough. My kids move it all the time without issue. It has tabs that you can tighten and loosen if you want to keep the current position.
on November 7, 2016
This item is pretty easy to install. In fact, I can't see how it could be any easier. This product even comes with an HDMI cable which I would guess is about 6 feet long. Here's a tip: Your flat screen TV should have some "bolt holes" on the backside. Measure the distance between the bolt holes on the back of your TV (the bolt pattern). Then locate that same measurement (bolt pattern), within the instructions. Hopefully, you will find it. Then just follow the directions for that particular bolt pattern. The trickiest part to the entire installation was finding a vertical wooden stud inside the wall on which to bolt this TV mount. I have a magnetic stud finder that locates nails in the wall. Why is this worth mentioning? Because...where there are nails in the wall... you can bet that there is a wooden stud in the same spot.
on July 18, 2016
Great price and great mount! We ended up drilling a hole slightly off center in the mount to make sure it adhered to the stud okay. Other than that, all parts are included! I forgot to buy an extra outlet to hide the cords but will add one later. There's definitely room with this mount to do that. Very happy!
review image review image review image
on May 9, 2017
Purchased this and received it next day through Prime. I had always been hesitant to attempt this with vision of a TV crashing to the floor, but after being assured by a friend that it really was simple I made the purchase. It took about twenty minutes to install from start to finish. As long as you have the ability to find a wall stud the whole process is seamless. I would suggest having an extra set of hands to actually attach the TV to the mount, especially if you are putting it higher on the wall. The kit comes with everything you could possibly need to put the mount on the wall. Every size of screw you may need was in the packaging. The only extra tool I needed was a drill which is needed to prepare the pilot holes. I have already purchased a couple more to install in other rooms/
on June 21, 2017
Seems solid enough for my older model Vizio, which is pretty heavy. The installation is easy, attaching to the wall us simple enough, they even give you a little level (which is a pretty handy size for other stuff). It is required that the unit be mounted to a stud, which I would do anyway on something this heavy.

Attaching the arms to the back of the set is an exercise in trial and error but I got it after a couple of tries. Hoisting the set onto the wall unit is fairly easy using the guide tab on the mounting bracket. I did it alone, but would be better as a two man job, There is lots of left over nuts and screws which would be used in other installations.
on April 22, 2017
We have a 40 inch Roku TV and this was bought to go with it. The instructions are easy to follow and it wasn't difficult to mount on the wall after finding the stud, except for the fact that the screws that came with it break easily and we had to find replacements. Once it was up on the wall, it was easy from there. There is a lip that the television sits on that is easy to click into place and then two screws that hod it in. It has a tilt function and the arm is nice and long so it can me moved around wherever you need it to be. It kinda reminds me of the ones you see at hospitals, where you can swing it out over a bed or other piece of furniture.

Overall, this was an easy installation and a good choice.
on June 15, 2017
This is the second time I've installed one of these. Lots of extra parts but I'd much rather have them and not need them than the alternative. Don't get intimidated by all of the screws, etc. They are included to ensure it is compatible with lots of different TVs.

I've got a 55" that I wanted to hang above my fireplace. I took the time to make sure it was straight and level. Had it hung up and was very disappointed that it didn't look level. Finally realized that you can rotate the TV to make it level. Bottom line, very user friendly, even if you didn't get it level when installing.

Best part, placing the TV on the actual bracket. Part of it mounts directly to the back of the TV (follow the instructions!) and that simply locks into the mounting bracket attached to the wall. It definately helps if you have two people. However, my 11 year old daughter visully guided me in and I installed be myself. Heavier TV's probably will require an extra person (be safe!).