Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18,073 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18,834 reviews
on March 2, 2015
Bought it to mount 3 LED TVs (2x65", 1x50") in an office, chose this model mostly because of the lockable feature. I didn't use the included lag bolts because of the poor quality complaints in previous reviews. I didn't want to take the chance to strip the included bolts so I bought 5/16-9 2-1/2 lag bolts from Lowes (item 63396) and a box of 1/4" Toggler bolts (Lowes item 118084). On one of the 65" TVs and the 50" TV, the 2x4 studs were spaced perfectly and I was able to mount them using 4 lag bolts each. On the other 65" TV, the stud was about 2" off center so I put 2 lag bolts in the stud and 4 toggler bolts in the left and right most holes. I put my entire weight (200 lbs) on each mount half way extended and they held up just fine. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Good quality mount
2. Ability to adjust the horizontal leveling (plus/minus 6 deg)
3. Lockable mount with 5 mm holes. Most pad locks you can find in stores have 6 mm shackle diameter, but I found the Master Lock 131Q has 5 mm locks and it fit just right.
4. 10 ft HDMI cable included
5. Long arms give you the option of moving the TV in almost any position.

Cons:
1. There is nothing to stop the TV from sliding from one way to the other on the two horizontal bars. That would screw up the horizontal alignment every time the TV is moved. Not sure how they didn't think about this. I used some black duct tape to prevent that. I could have drilled holes in the horizontal bars and put some screws in but duck tape was faster.
2. I wish I could have been able to use zip ties to route the cable on the wall side from the lower side to the upper side or the mount, but there are no holes to get the zip ties in.

Very happy with the purchase overall, would buy again in a heartbeat.

You can see how it looks with a 65" TV attached in the pictures below.

[...].
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
1313 comments| 850 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2016
I used to install TVs for people professionally, so I have used many different mounting systems. I was looking for something cheap, but reliable to hang a 50" LG 50LA6200 LCD TV. I looked at a lot of options both on Amazon as well as elsewhere before settling in this one. I am happy that I did!

For starters, this comes with EVERYTHING that you could possible need to hang your TV, with the exception of a #2 phillips head screwdriver and a drill. Included are a complete assortment of screws, bolts and washers (all neatly organized and labeled in individual packets), a double-sided spanner wrench, a very nice magnetic level, and even a 10' HDMI cable. The instructions say to use the "optional" expansion kit for larger TVs. Usually, this is code for "kit not included." I was pleasantly surprised to find that that was not the case here. For once, the "optional" kit was actually included!

Installation was a breeze for me, even without instructions since I already know how this works, but I found the instructions relatively easy to follow for those who need them. All of the various configurations for the expansion arms can get confusing, but just try each one until you find the right setup for your TV.

** PLEASE NOTE **
There is one change to the instructions that I highly suggest, however. The instructions say to drill a 7/32" pilot hole into the stud for each mounting bolt. Then screw the bolt in with a phillips head screwdriver. When I first mounted this (I wound up moving it shortly thereafter), I followed the suggestions for the pilot hole. Sure enough the screw did thread in easily... a little TOO easily. The second hole from the top actually stripped out and I was not putting much force behind the screwdriver at all! When I moved this to the other side of the room, I decided to go with a smaller pilot bit. I used a 3/16" bit instead. Granted, you are not going to thread the bolt in with a screwdriver - you will need a 10mm socket - but doing it this way, those bolts are not going anywhere! You could probably get away with a 13/64" bit, but to really protect your expensive TV, I would want all of the bite I could get!

I also found that the inside diameter of one of the washers was a smidge too small for the bolt to go through. I just enlarged it with a round needle file, but since they don't include any spares, if you don't have a file or another washer laying around, you'll need to get one. Just thought I'd throw that out there in the interest of full disclosure.

Once this was installed, I was impressed with not only the sturdiness, but also with the complete range of motion. This is fully articulated. You can put your TV pretty much anywhere you want to. The only thing it can't do is move your TV up or down, although you can tilt it to a certain degree.
on May 1, 2012
I mounted a 60" Sharp LED TV to this mount with no problems. I recieved it sooner than expected & it was 98% assembled out of the box. I followed the directions, took the time to do it right & it took about 20 minutes.

I always read the negative reviews first & I am baffled as to how people can have problems with this product. This mount is well made & I would recommend it to anyone that is concerned over the reviews stating it sags.

The mount can be easily installed by one person as I did below: You may need help to hang your tv on it once it is installed. I am laying this out because of the problems I read about in the other reviews.

1. Figure out where your studs are & drive a pin or finish nail on each side of it to be certain where the centers are. Make these small holes about 1/4" above where your mount holes will be drilled. These small holes will be covered by your mount.
2. Drill your first pilot hole into the center of the stud & run the first lag bolt & washer through the mount & get it near snug.
3. Extend the bracket so you can lean against it.
4. While leaning against the mount in a eyed up level position, lay your level on top of the wall bracket & get it level.
5. Pull your pencil from behind your ear & mark the second hole which is on the opposite side of your first hole.
6. Let it back down & drill the second hole in the center of the stud.
7. Move the mount back to the level position & install the lag bolt & washer.
8. Tighten the two lag bolts so they are just about crushing the mount into the wall.
8. You can now drill your bottom holes & install the lag bolts & washers. Make sure you are in the center of the studs.
10. Tighten & retighten all four lag bolts. If these are not tight, you will have problems with the TV sagging when the mount is extended. It is critical that the four lag bolt are tight against the mount. If you skip using the washers, you reduce the strength & stiffness of your mount.

Any fine tuning needed can be done on the 3 bolt swivel plate after the TV is on the mount.

The mounting bracket has holes so you can install mud rings & plates for your wiring. I will be installing a recessed power outlet on one side & a brush cover faceplate on the other for the signal cables on the other. The mounting bracket has wire chases so everything is neat & held to avoid crushing cables.

The only thing I will do to modify the mount is to drill a small hole in the upper portion of each pivot point to allow me to easily give each pivot a shot of WD-40 once in awhile. This should keep it operating smoothly & keep things from getting tweaked if it gets a little sticky from dust & oxidation.
1111 comments| 616 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2016
Don't let the price fool you, this is a well built, quality mount at a reasonable price. When I opened the box it was apparent that this was constructed with quality material and a nice finish. Sturdy.

If you're a DIY'er the installation of this mount will be a non-event and you'll likely be watching TV within 30 minutes after starting. If locating studs and drilling holes in your walls is something you don't often do - with careful attention to following the instructions you will be successful. Special care given to making sure you hit a wall stud and have the ability to locate one. There are a lot of instructional videos out there to help you with this task.

Mounting your TV to the bracket is fairly straight-forward, but you'll need to know the VESA size of your unit. This can usually be located in your TV's user guide or review this video to measure it yourself ( [...] ).

You also need to give some thought to where to mount your TV, its more important than you might think (reference article [...])

Overall I'm quite pleased with this purchase. It was a good value and a quality TV mount which has served its purpose well (see photos)
on March 14, 2016
So I was very skeptical of this product when I first looked at it, lots of people saying it would tear out of the wall shortly after installation and all that. Lemme tell you, they just did it wrong or like complete idiots; you do no use dry-wall mounts for a heavy TV, possibly a lighter TV, and I can not stress the word "Light" enough. No one should be using dry-wall mounts in the first place, they are not reliable... plain and simple.

Anyways, back to my experience with the product. I have it mounted above my Xbox One about 4 feet off the ground. I mounted to a stud in the wall and right after that, my roommate who weighs around 150 LBS hung off of it for about 5 seconds at the base and it didn't even budge; now that's a tough wall mount if I ever saw one! I put my 40" Samsung TV on the mount, and I can extend/swivel/angle/tilt it however I want.

The gear it comes with is pretty high quality and especially the level. For an add on to the product the level is pretty decent for it's designed purpose. The packaging is well done and the parts are all labeled well and accordingly. Make sure you use washers on the outside of the mount before you put the TV adapter on your TV, they will save you a lot of grief.

I've had this wall mount for a month so I felt pretty confident in writing a review. I'll add some pictures to let you know the range of motion as well as how the TV looks how I attached the adapter and the part where it's mounted to the wall. I can sit specifically off to the side and enjoy the TV along, I can turn it to look at my PC area so I can play while I talk to friends on Skype or other chat programs and I can turn it to look at my bed and I can enjoy Neflix or Hulu as I lay in bed, nice and cozy.

I hope you all enjoyed my review, it's been a blast and I'll be willing to answer any questions you might have.
on July 6, 2016
Anyone else having this issue with their TV and this mount? It's blocking the video input on my tv LG 50" fl6100

Kind of a big deal
on July 14, 2016
Nice quality. Fully adjustable: swivel, tilt, and moves in and out from wall. Comes with the screws, a level with a magnetic base, HDMI cable, and other brackets. Used it to mount a hand dryer. I didn't use the extra brackets for this application. Also, came with a HDMI cable. Will use it for another project. I gave the level to my son when I was done with it. Saved me a few seconds from having to go get mine.
on January 31, 2016
Based upon some of the reviews, I mounted support brackets between two studs and using a heavy duty toggle bolts, mounted the wall mount. It went up in about 90 minutes and is solid! Used heavy duty screws to assure it will not fall from the wall.

Kit includes level and cable as stated and is great! Articulates out and nice adjustment of the angle. TV looks great!
review image review image
44 comments| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2015
Since 3/20/14 this mount has held my 55" plasma on the wall. I don't know what higher praise you can give for a tv mount than "it hasn't fallen off the wall."

I was VERY nervous to mount my large plasma on the wall — in a corner, no less — because it is heavy, considering the glass screen. This mount went up with no incident and its lack of flex has inspired confidence. Provided you firmly mount this in the center of your studs, you should have no issue holding your television. As you can see from my picture, I've got this mount extended a good bit and it is keeping my television level/straight. I haven't had to readjust the mount keep the tv from tilting toward the ground in the year I've had it.

Don't spend the extra $$ buying from the same big-box you bought your tv from. Buy this, and use the extra quid to go up a size on your tv.
on December 18, 2015
Purchased this arm almost a year ago. I wanted to move the television from a table stand in front of a window to the side of the room on a wall. Our den is a square room at the front of an older New England home. The only place we had to put the television was on a stand in front of a window which blocked light and made the television the focus of the room. To shift focus off of the television we decided to invest in this arm and secure it in one of the builtin bookcases on the wall.

The process of attaching it to the wall was a bit tricky for our situation. First we took the middle shelf out of the builtin to make room for the television (which happened to be the perfect fit for the space). Then we cut a hole in the back of the builtin to access the wall. The studs were not ideally placed, but we were able to make it work by attaching a strong solid board to the studs for the arm to be bolted to. The arm is in direct contact with one stud, in the center. The outer two did not line up hence the board. Once all the placements were measured and drilled we shaped and painted a piece of wood to cover the hole and secure the arm on top of it (lining up holes for all the studs/bolts). I believe the entire process took three days with the alterations made to the builtin and attaching the arm properly. I'm sure attaching the arm can be done in an afternoon if it is simply a matter of putting it on a blank wall with studs in perfect positioning.

We are beyond pleased with the product and how it changed the look and feel of our family den. The room no longer centers around the television. We only pull the arm out when we want to watch a film together and when the television is off, it is now hidden to the side, out of focus.

The arm has held up well over the months we've had it and it swings and slides well without needing the use of much force. Worth adding the contraption to hold and conceal the wires so they're out of the way of the mechanisms in back is great and serves its purpose well!

Attached are a few photos. One is taken from the sofa on the back wall looking towards the window and table the television was originally placed on. Another shows how we can now watch the television from a chair without pulling the arm out if one person wants to sit down for a quick show on their own. One more photo attempts to show the size of the room and how out of the way the television now is. Additional photos show the arm itself as well as the matching builtin on the same wall (the middle shelf we removed can be seen on the other builtin).