Top positive review
850 people found this helpful
Great quality mount
on March 2, 2015
Bought it to mount 3 LED TVs (2x65", 1x50") in an office, chose this model mostly because of the lockable feature. I didn't use the included lag bolts because of the poor quality complaints in previous reviews. I didn't want to take the chance to strip the included bolts so I bought 5/16-9 2-1/2 lag bolts from Lowes (item 63396) and a box of 1/4" Toggler bolts (Lowes item 118084). On one of the 65" TVs and the 50" TV, the 2x4 studs were spaced perfectly and I was able to mount them using 4 lag bolts each. On the other 65" TV, the stud was about 2" off center so I put 2 lag bolts in the stud and 4 toggler bolts in the left and right most holes. I put my entire weight (200 lbs) on each mount half way extended and they held up just fine. Here are the pros and cons:
1. Good quality mount
2. Ability to adjust the horizontal leveling (plus/minus 6 deg)
3. Lockable mount with 5 mm holes. Most pad locks you can find in stores have 6 mm shackle diameter, but I found the Master Lock 131Q has 5 mm locks and it fit just right.
4. 10 ft HDMI cable included
5. Long arms give you the option of moving the TV in almost any position.
1. There is nothing to stop the TV from sliding from one way to the other on the two horizontal bars. That would screw up the horizontal alignment every time the TV is moved. Not sure how they didn't think about this. I used some black duct tape to prevent that. I could have drilled holes in the horizontal bars and put some screws in but duck tape was faster.
2. I wish I could have been able to use zip ties to route the cable on the wall side from the lower side to the upper side or the mount, but there are no holes to get the zip ties in.
Very happy with the purchase overall, would buy again in a heartbeat.
You can see how it looks with a 65" TV attached in the pictures below.