Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by All is Bright Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on August 16, 2014
Well I paid $7 for this at the time of this review. I don't know if the price has changed by the time you read this, but if it has gone up then I would deduct more stars.

I have to say that I like the kit and all the pieces that come with it. It does allow for a ton of versatility in mounting. I am using it for a pico-projector upside down. I used the 3 screw round mounting base to install it on the underside of an overhead compartment in an RV. That part was easy. The base is solid enough.

The problem I ran into was the swivel mount. The side knob does tighten the ball into the socket and does an ok job. The threads on the screw knob are not machined very precisely and it is a little bit hard to turn and to know when it has become tight enough. Also there is an allen screw near the knob that has to be tightened to stop the rotating of the whole ball-socket assembly on the base. The kit did not come with a small allen wrench and none of my standard sizes fit it. It must be metric. I was able to tighten it some, but not enough to be secure. So overall it is very hard to tighten everything down with any type of precision (which is very important for a projector to get the image straight on the screen).

This is a cheap mount and it works well enough for mounting things that don't have to be precision aligned. But for anything else this is not quality enough.
on April 13, 2017
It's not bad. it does as you'd expect something like this to function, however the ball swivel is very grainy, like it almost feels like there's grit or something between the ball and the plastic around it. I took mine apart and re-assembled to double check, and it's almost like it's built slightly out of spec. It still works just fine, just has to be very careful when it comes to tightening down the thumb screw since it just can't seem to get tight enough around the ball.
on June 21, 2012
This broke the first time I used it. It appears to be made of cheap pot metal and the welds are very poor quality. Mine broke where the screw stud comes out of the round base. The weld that holds that stud on there broke, so the stud just spins now. Totally useless, now, for my wall application.
on August 7, 2016
Very nice a lot of combinations / mounting options,
Well finish, nice paint, all Hardware included
Its strong and secure.
I am using it for a LED projector
review image review image review image
Just like everyone else have mentioned in their reviews, this universal camera mount is worthless. The build in my experience, is pretty good - that is the weight, the connecting joints and mounting bracket. Where it fails is its functionality and this is isolated to the ball head joint, the most important component in this kit. It doesn't stay put no matter how tight you screw the thumb-screw in. I purchased it as a recommended product when I purchased the Agasio M105I Outdoor Wireless Wifi Waterproof Bullet IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter, Two-way Audio, Night-Vision, Email &. Guess I'll be using the bracket that was included with the camera. From the look of the video review and a handful of other viewers, it's a hit or miss with a larger probability range in the "miss". If you are considering this joint, you're gambling your $5.00 unfavorably away.
33 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 1, 2016
it doesn't hold true, it "slowly drifts off " and does not offer real 360 degree adjustment on the pivot, but it arrived on time and if you have the patience to get the exact perfect angles while previewing and then mark the screw holes and install it it might work for someone with a lighter weight device mounted on it. would be perfect for dummy security cameras or straight forward angles. ceiling at 45 degree slope where i used it so that probably is my pivot angle issue. and the device is heavier than a tiny camera and it keeps drifting away from the point i set it to. so maybe just something for really light devices mounted flat against a wall it would be great.
on September 7, 2017
This is part of a number of items I got for my daughter to use Chatting and taking pictures of her new twins. Not sure if she even uses it but seem very well made.
on October 1, 2016
This camera mount is all metal except for the plastic knob under the screw. The quality is very high, plus the length is adjustable for different lengths. I bought it to mount a 7 inch field monitor to the side of our rack inside our church's video control and sound booth. Unfortunately, there was not enough room on either side of the rack to mount the monitor without blocking other devices even when using the mount at its shortest length. I am still giving it a five star rating even though we could not use it due to lack of space.
on April 29, 2015
There are several comments relating to the difficulty adjusting the ball joint. I used this with an Arlo camera, which is pretty light weight, so I was able to make it work. I have noticed that the ball joint has some positions it "wants" to go to, and some it really doesn't like. You might set it and one spot and really have to crank on it to get it to hold still, and then rotate it a few degrees up and it sticks just fine.

I very much liked the way you can mix the various parts to get things to be the right size for a particular application.

In the end, I thought this was a very good product for the money - because it cost very little money - I would only caution buyers to not expect it to work very well with anything but very light weight items.
on November 21, 2015
very nice and expandable. many different configurations available using the adapters. works great and fits my ip cameras and looks much better than the supplied brackets most of them come with. the base alone provides a very low profile option that looks very nice with my wansview and foscam IP cameras.