Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,220 reviews
on March 24, 2017
I like the cables thus far, having installed everything over the past 2 days. They look good so far on the big high res screens, and, no failures. The thing that I absolutely HATE about these cables is that it takes forever to unwind them.

You see, they come to you wrapped up nicely, but, tangled together. So somebody joined both ends together and then twisted 150 ft of cable together, then wound it up into a circle and twist-tied it.

If you're okay with paying this much for decent cable, and spending an hour untangling & unwrapping each cable, then buy this one.

Oh, and you'll need to purchase female-to-female power adapters for Swann systems (otherwise you'll end up with 2 male power adapters facing each other at the box). If you are adding these on to existing white swann cable thats already plugged into your box, you'll also need to purchase female-to-female BNC adapters. And, if you wish to chain these cables together on each other (so 150ft + 150ft, you will still need a female-to-female BNC adapter, as BOTH ENDS OF THIS CABLE ARE MALE BNC.

A very frustrating cable to add to a swann system, however, worth it ONLY in terms of function. You will pay for these cables in the time it takes you to unwrap and unwind the intentionally tangled 150 feet of mess that you receive for each cable, right out of the box, as well as the multiple adapters you will need to buy. The adapters that come in the box are female-to-male BNC, which are actually useless since these cables are all MALE-to-MALE BNC.
on February 12, 2013
I bought this 4 pack because the price was right & their were plenty of stellar 5-star reviews...
I purchased a CIB All-In-One Security system about a year ago (see my reviews) which came with cables which were thin, but OK. So I expected something similar when I bought these cables. When they arrived, I was a bit disappointed that they were thinner than the free cables I got with my CIB System. To give you an idea, these cables are thinner than the cable on my cheap computer mouse. But I figured they would be OK since the reviews were so good & that they would be easy to hide since they are so thin.

Before I even unwound the cables, I plugged in a camera & power to each one to test them. The 1st cable had excessive static/interference, the 2nd cable had good video but the power did not work, the 3rd cable had no video, but the power worked & the 4th cable worked OK. I even tried each cable again with a different camera & power adapter to be sure the cables were the problem since I could not believe 3 out of 4 were bad.

With 3 out of 4 cables being bad, I am just returning them & will look for something else. I would not buy these cables again even if they cost half of what I paid. The only positive thing I can say is that these cables came with 8 BNC Female to RCA Male adapters.
These VideoSecu 150' Video/Power cable is exactly what I need to install the security cameras at the far end of my wife's building. We bought two of these cable and they worked perfectly with the cameras provided with our Zmodo Surveillance System with 8 Weatherproof IR Cameras PKD-DK0865-NHD.

The cables are very thin, so care does need to be taken when running them. We noticed only slightly degraded image quality with the very long runs.

Recommended!

CFH
on May 25, 2013
I already had 4 cameras and had already bought cables for them. When I added 4 more cameras, I saw these and thought they were so cheap. Well...the quality is also cheap. The camera views on the monitor are so different quality from my other cameras. The picture is grainy!!! But, if you want to buy inexpensive, this will do the trick. Cost is wonderful....just not the quality. I did not find out until I had them installed otherwise I would return them.
on August 14, 2015
The system that I bought came with 50ft cables so I wanted to get the longer cables as extensions. I assumed that the connectors would work as splitters (silver connectors) inside the package would work to connect both cables together. However, this did not work because they were both male ends. I am not sure why they would send those since most people who purchase the products, are using them as extensions to already existing cables. Other than that, the items worked fine. I would recommend it but would also recommend to get the correct connectors if you intend to add this to already existing cables.
on November 23, 2015
I guess you get what you pay for. My cameras and DVR are 1080p amd crystal clear. I had a couple cameras that I wanted to mount on the other side of the house so I needed some longer cables. The Lorex ones were $40 each so I got these. The picture with these cables have static and offset shadows and ghosts. I am guessing that it's from running the power inside the single shield with the video signal wire instead of having its own shielding in order to reduce noise and interference. Next summer I may rewire the entire system through my attic. If I do, I will be paying for the better quality so that I can fully utilize my system. As is, they work, but they significant downgraded the video quality.
on December 14, 2013
These are installed on my swann 16 channel 8 camera home security camera system right alongside the standard cables that came with the set. I see no difference in picture quality between the 2. This is a perfectly acceptable cable set for not alot of money. The only difference I can see is that you really need to muscle the spring loaded ends on. Push hard, much harder then the standard swann cables and they will slide on, then you can twist them to lock. I would definitely recommend them as well as buy them again.
on August 22, 2013
These are easy to plug in and seem to be good quality.
However, Dear Manufacturer, please stagger the plug lengths so that the power plug is not right beside the video plug. For example, on one end of the wire make the power wire about four inches longer and on the other end make the video wire longer. This way cables can be joined without forming a huge ball that can’t pass through conducts.
When joining two cables I had to cross and tape the plugs and still struggled to pass them through ¾ in. conduct with curves.
I also think it would be nice if they came with a female-to-female coupler instead of or as well as the RCA adapter.

12/02/16: After gaining some experience I've learned that these types of cables are only good for short indoor runs under 100 feet. For outdoor or longer runs especially through conducts you are best to use Cat5 cable and connect your own Balun Transceiver Cables and Male Jack DC Power Adapters. These will last longer and improve your camera resolution. YouTube has videos on this and its very easy to do.
on May 23, 2016
Absolutely awful product. SO not worth it. Bought two had the same issue for both. You will LITERALLY spend more time untangling this rats nest than actually running the cable. Be advised these are spooled and packed by Helen Keller. Also no matter which cameras you hook them to, you will see video defects and abnomalies. Swap cables to another vendors product and issue goes away. AWFUL
on November 28, 2015
The cable works great. I've put it through some tough weather and still it's working great. It's not as thick as I would want but since it gives me no problems I don't mind.
review image review image review image