Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
on March 20, 2012
Can see upwards of 150 in the dark of night. The audio starts getting distorted if your audience is sitting over 80 feet away and talking in a light noise area at normal conversation volume.

I would say buy the 100ft cord and power supply offered under the "people buy this product with" list. This comes with no cords or anything but when combined with the cords is cheaper than buying the camera with the cords.

It's relatively versatile and you can mount it anywhere. You may want to consider buying some separate screws to mount it though, the ones it came with didn't seems very long-lasting so i bought a few self-tapping metal screws.

As described: this product works great outside, even in the summer heat and frigid winters. I live in California so this camera has been exposed to 5 degrees F and also 104 degrees F and it still functions properly.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2012
This camera performs well in the dark within 10' Generally these lower dollar cameras has a poor mount design but this one is solid...
on September 4, 2013
I purchased 4 of these cameras in the summer of 2012. They all worked for a while. Suddenly, in July of 1013 3 of the 4 cameras simply quit working with no warning. I am now left with one of the original cameras and have no idea when it will cease to function. Having said that, I am not too confident of it lasting much longer based on how soon the three identical companion cameras simply died. Do not purchase this product.

When I reported this issue to the vendor this was their response:

"We offer 30 days return, replacement and 90 days repair warranty, since your item was purchased more than 30 days ago, so we are not able to do the return for you any more.

Best regards

Customer service"
on June 30, 2013
Great product, works very well, I purchased it to document behavier from a disgruntal neighbor. I connected it to a standard VCR. AAAAAA +++++++ Thank You
on September 5, 2013
I bought 4 of the cameras and the all have the same results with the infrared. I have all of them set inside the house. Works fine in the day but at night with no ambient light, the camera picks up nothing. I may barely see a pixelated white blob that appeared to be part of my couch but that's it. I have bought cameras in the $50 range that works much better in the dark. I think I'll go back to paying a little more for the cameras. I had bought the camera mostly for the sound feature and assumed the infrared would work like the other videosecu cameras that I have.
on December 30, 2012
The images seem clear and the night vision is better than some others I bought. The microphone is very sensitive. During initial setup and testing we had placed it about 5 feet from a wall clock and we could hear the ticking from the clock.
on March 14, 2014
I've purchased a few add-ons to my original four Zmodo cameras and this is by far the worst. Mount is flimsy and only hits about a thread and a half in so a slight bump will strip it out. Definitely not weatherproof. There are several small pinholes in the back that are not covered by the short sunshade. The shade is adjustable back and forth but it's not long enough to get both ends. Any wind during rain will put water all up inside it's works. The multi-wire coming out the back is of small gauge and feels like it would easily break down over time in the weather and pull apart. It also is right in the middle of the back which interferes with certain positions of the mount, All of these things are tolerable/fixable in certain situations but the reason this one went back was that even by itself on an eight camera plug, it spent up to several minutes clicking back and forth in the morning as it came out of IR/BW mode into color mode. This makes the camera unusable during this time. Seems to be a light sensor deal and not power related. I don't know, I'm not an expert, just the lowly consumer who stupidly thinks if it's on Amazon, it's of good quality. Not true and you get what you pay for.
on October 25, 2013
Eliminate the middleman and just burn 30 dollars. I bought 2 of these because number one I wanted a better resolution than the 420tvl that my system came with and two I wanted audio. One of these arrived DOA, wouldn't keep a video connection and the other is nowhere near as clear as the Swann 580 420tvl that I had. The night vision is TERRIBLE! All I can see are "ghosts" shadows floating around. Save your money.
on October 7, 2012
Well, overall this is a pretty good camera. It has it's pro's and con's but don't they all? It has good night vision even in total darkness at least 40' .
on December 29, 2013
Picture is blurry you can make shapes out in day time if it's not cutting on and off (watching it blink on and off right now ) switch from day to night flashes on and off and at night all you can see is light splotches past 5 feet this was supposed to be better than the zmodo cameras that came with the cheapest dvr but it is much worse