Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
on August 7, 2016
Purchased four of these little babies. They're very sensitive due to the fact they have a phantom Supply and when hooked into an audio mixing board with the right amount of gain and proper settings, you'd be surprised how far out these sensitive mics can pick up. I use these microphones for home protection which also gets streamed to my smartphone. I don't have to be home to listen what goes on outside or inside my home. These days our country has turned for the worse and I have very little Trust when people want to break into homes these days to steal what I worked hard for. Police reports don't replace what has been stolen other then for insurance reasons. In my opinion police reports are something old, there are high-end Technologies on the market which can do a better job in protecting one's home. Just takes creativity and a little common sense in putting together your own home protection system.
on October 8, 2016
Bought this to add audio capture to my home CCTV unit [NEW 960P] ANNKE New AHD 8CH 1080N Security DVR Recorder with 8x 1.3MP(1280*960) In/Outdoor CCTV Cameras(Super Day/Night Vision, P2P QR Code Scan Easy Remote Setup, NO HDD).
Microphone is hidden inside drywall, but exposed enough to get sound within the common areas in the house. I have to agree with other review that it does pick up a fair amount of sound for such a little microphone. While there's currently no way to control the sound volume coming into the CCTV unit, plenty of multi-media software out there can reduce and sharpen the sound volume.

Not much more to report, decent microphone for a decent price.
on November 26, 2015
This is a great mic for monitoring your home or office. I use it as a way to monitor my front door because I'm usually on the third floor and would like to hear if anyone opens the front door. I have it hooked up to a laptop and I stream it to my PC. The sound is clear and crisp.
on February 22, 2013
uses 12V DC power (such as used with many security cameras).
Outputs audio signal that can go to DVR (digital video recorder for security camera system).

It is nice to have sound with the security camera, it helps tell a more complete story.

The sound quality is sufficient to pick up conversation, but not a high quality recording (you wouldn't enjoy listening to music recorded through this). The audio level seemed a bit weak; I had to turn up the speaker volume twice as loud as I would for most audio devices (such as my smart phone which records sound and outputs audio to earphone jack) even when recording close by; but sound is good enough for security monitoring.

The unit is small, the build quality is sufficient but not great, (just simple heat shrink over components at end of cable). For the price, I'm happy with this.

This came with large (hand sized) red security monitoring warning stickers (nicer than shown in the picture).

For a dollar more, the same company makes a version with 2 DC power connections (male and female), that allows you to share the 12V connection with the camera if you wish; I also purchased one of these versions.

I'd recommend this for security system audio recording.
on April 17, 2013
I attached this mic to my ACTi camera that I use as a baby monitor and it works better than I could have ever imagined. It works so well that I can hear my son breathing from across the room and can hear the clock ticking. Highly recommend this mic.
on November 20, 2013
Very sensitive and works as advertised. I have one at my front door and I can hear the neighbors talking in their driveway on both sides of my house. There is some associated noise, but nothing that affects the intended purpose.
on November 14, 2016
FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW - AT 12VDC POWER IN, SPEAKING IN A NORMAL VOICE ABOUT 4 FT. FROM THE FRONT OF OF THE MIC ELEMENT, IT OUTPUTS PEAKS OF AROUND 0.5VOLT RMS. THIS MAKES IT PRETTY SENSITIVE AND EASILY PRODUCING A NOMINAL -10dbu INTO A 10Kohm OR GREATER LOAD AS FOUND IN MOST AUX LINE INPUTS.
on November 19, 2013
SEEMED OK IT WORKED WHAT MORE CAN I SAY? IT IS WHAT IT IS AND WHEN YOU NEED SOME THING YOU TRY FOR THE BEST PRICE BUT ALSO GOOD QUALITY
on October 15, 2013
If you choose to add mics to your camera system these will work just fine. You can attach and zip tie to wire for clean application. Remember to get 3 wire that accommodates mic and splitter for power. I have posted in previous reviews to PLAN your build. Know the specs and accessories needed before you start.
on June 13, 2017
I bought this for my dad. I'm not too sure what its for but he said it works really well and asked me to buy him a second one :) I'm glad my dad is happy!