Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 65% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
|You Save:||$17.40 (58%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enter the world of virtual reality with the View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
- This kid-friendly device will surround you with stunning 360-degree environments so you feel as if you are really there
- Download one of the View-Master VR apps to your smartphone
- Then slide your smartphone into the viewer, look at the Preview Reel and simply click the lever to launch yourself into 360-degree immersive experiences
- The Preview Reel included with the View-Master VR Starter Pack allows you to demo available apps so you can try all Experience Packs
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
An Immersive 3D Experience!
View-Master VR that With Google Cardboard places you right in the middle of a 'photosphere'! What does that mean? It means you’re completely surrounded by a 360-degree view of the View-Master experience you’ve selected to explore! While holding the viewer to your eyes, move your head -- literally, move your head -- and you’ll find that your view changes just as if you were really standing within the scene taking a look around. No matter which way you look, you’ll find the image stretches around you, above you and behind you as if you were really there! And with a simple click of the lever, you can interact with the image and explore the virtual world around you!
An Easy-to-Use Experience
The experience is easy to enter. View-Master VR that Works With Google Cardboard is compatible with iOS and Android devices. Just download the free app for your iOS or Android device, slide your device into the viewer and you’re ready to go! Look through the viewer at the Preview Reel and digital icons appear that seem to float in the air above it -- an effect called augmented reality. Choose the experience you want by looking at the appropriate Augmented Reality icon and, with a single click of the View-Master lever, launch yourself into a virtual reality world.
Learn by Experience!
Now kids can take virtual journeys to anywhere! Travel to other countries, into outer space, beneath the sea or even through time. Immerse yourself in 360-degree interactive environments and explore these amazing virtual worlds. Click on interactive hot spots to dive deeper into the scene, uncover interesting facts or transport yourself to new sites with even more to discover!
What’s in the Box?
Includes one View-Master VR viewer, one Preview Reel, one iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s adapter and user guide. Colors and decorations may vary.
Get the Full Experience!
Expand your horizons with View-Master Experience Packs. Each Experience Pack will open the doors of your child’s imagination and take them to places they’ve only dreamed of seeing. The Starter Pack includes a Preview Reel that provides access to demos of the available View-Master Experience Packs (sold separately). Collect them all to travel the globe, explore the cosmos and enter whole new worlds of discovery and adventure -- you won’t believe what you can see!
- Compatible smartphone required (not included): Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note4, Motorola Moto X (2014), Motorola Droid Turbo, LG G4, LG G3, HTC One, Nexus 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5x, iPhone 5c***, iPhone 5***, iOS 8 and above. NOTE: View-Master VR may also work with newer model Android smartphones not listed above that have screens between 5 and 6 inches. ***View-Master VR apps may not be optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c.
View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
Enter the world of virtual reality with the View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack. The Starter Pack includes 1 View-Master VR viewer, 1 Preview Reel, 1 adapter for iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s and a user guide.
Virtual Reality Starter Pack
Wildlife Experience Pack
Destinations Experience Pack
Space Experience Pack
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:32 Mins|
1. You download the App from the App Store and install it.
2. You are going to use the sample pack ( you get a choice of three on their website).
3 Launch the App and open the Viewer.
4 You open the viewfinder and place your phone in when prompted, line up the display's vertical lines.
5. Close the lid and look at the the preview reel through the viewer until you trigger an image. When you see the image appear, click the trigger on the right. (it's probably good to remember this lever, sometimes it is expected for you to click it but you won't get a prompt.
The visuals are really fun and you can get teleported to some very fun places just my moving your head around.
Overall, it's a fun novelty, especially if you add on the full version ( $15)**. Now the upgrades to the full experience have to be ordered and then sent to you because you need the ViewMaster reels to unlock each world you want to visit. I think it would help if the the directions were a little more proactive and showed likely causes for our inability to connect or sometimes freezing.
**I did a review of the destinations pack View-Master Experience Pack Destinations and I was incredibly disappointed.
Once you get it working, you will be looking around, up and down fully immersed in the reality around you, it's a visual treat even if I think the full versions are expensive. Fun in these is when you can take a break, sit down and take a walk!Read more ›
- Very well constructed. Far better than any other viewer I've tried. Looks to be extremely durable.
- On the S6 the FOV width is approximately 98% of the display.
- The AR demo is very impressive. It uses the phone's camera to get background through a neutral front that should be open to where I've seen the camera pacement on most phones. When I say impressive I do not mean content. That is primitive and just puts a little AR scene on the top of the disk that comes with it when you view it close up. Great potential, though, and background is as good as the camera is.
- The Android VR (Cardboard) Tuscany Drive app is beautiful in it but that is largely a function of the phone (the S6 isn't powerful enough for smooth motion.)
- Insertion of the phone into it is sweet and they've provided a very robust yet very manageable mechanism to hold and release the phone. It won't move once you've inserted it. I've seen nothing as good.
- Access to the phone is easy and opens with it held firmly in place if you want normal interaction with the phone. A weak point of the design is the latch. While easy enough to use it looks and feels more than a bit fragile.
- Excellent access to S6 side buttons when inserted.
- The black shroud that meets the face is soft rubber.
- The lever works very well as the Cardboard's magnet pull or a screen touch.
- The view window is circular and you can't see nearly as close to the top and bottom of the display as you can the left and right edges.
- Can't access USB for charging (or OTG storage.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Will entertain the minds of your little adventurers for as long as the battery in your phone will last.Published 17 hours ago by ableekertomorrow
This is the neatest toy we have had in quite a while. It's like being right there! We have all of the discs but my grandson likes the wildlife one best. Read morePublished 20 hours ago by C. Brown
These things are so cool!
So many different virtual things to do.
We love the roller coasters :)
i should have just stayed with google cardboard, just my own opinion. The unit does as advertised though.Published 1 day ago by TJ D.
after getting my settings correct, this works as described. Dont waste your $ on the viewmaster packs-get free VR content from google play or app storePublished 1 day ago by Mom of one
My son liked it for the first day we had it, now has kind of lost interest. But to be fair, it is hard for a child to set up, you need an adult's help. Read morePublished 2 days ago by BioMommy
The local children's science museum had a virtual reality workshop where the kids made their own VR mask and experimented with the View-Master. Read morePublished 3 days ago by T. Garza