Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on November 13, 2013
I read the reviews saying this product generally was dead in less than six months. I am not sure why I thought I would give it a try anyway (maybe the price point?).
The first unit I received was DOA, The second one the buttons/setup did not work except for time length of photo display, but the display was excellent - crisp and clear. I just left it alone happy to have it rotate through my many gigabytes of photos. After a couple of weeks, the display went gray, but un-plugging it and in a few minutes plugging it back it reset the device, and all was fine. After having to reset the device in this manner several times, finally last week it just died.
So after owning it just over three months, it is past the return period, and I am stuck with a dead unit.
on July 10, 2013
When I first opened it up and loaded my photos I quickly realized that it wasn't going to be that easy. First I learned that the files must be JPEG and not IMG files to display. With that fixed I then had some trouble figuring out the menu and how to navigate it. It gets a little confusing and frustrating trying to switch between options and such. All I wanted it to do is cycle thru my photos which it now does perfectly. I keep it on my desk at work and at the end of the day I unplug it and store in away. Upon returning all I have to do is plug it back in and it starts right up cycling. The resolution is fantastic and you can't beat the price. I took one star away for the menu navigation but don't let that stop you from buying it. Also loading photos is easy...just add them to the SD card and pop it right back in and it picks up cycling.
on August 31, 2013
I tried to use my ASUS tablet as a photo frame. The result is disappointing because the color is off. There's a slight green cast to it although my wife can't tell.

This Viewsonic photo frame, however, has very accurate color rendition. The photos look the same as on my iMac. Setup is pretty easy. You load up your SD card and plug it in. Make sure that your file size is not too large, say 6MB. If the size is larger than 6 or 8MB (not completely sure), then it won't be displayed and you'll get error signal (an X on screen). I almost thought I got a defective item since many of my pictures were more than 10MB initially. Once I figured out file size was the source of problem, I downsized all my pictures. It isn't an issue for me personally since Lightroom handles it very well. And the truth is that even a small sized picture (less than 5MB) gives you excellent detail already.

I want my pictures randomized. I think it's ok random, but there are pictures that seem to get displayed more frequently.

Overall I don't have anything to complain about. For the price this digital photo frame is quite a bargain. I'm not a professional photographer but I'm quite anal about resolution and color correctness. I shoot Canon full frame with the best prime lenses. I care about quality. As I mentioned my tablet fails to be a good photo frame even though intuitively I'd think it should be able to handle such easy job. It turns out that a dedicated photo frame gets the job done more effectively and correctly. If you have an iPad I'm sure you won't have this problem.

I really wish Viewsonic had a 15in offering. I'd get it right now if there was one. 8in screen is ok. A bigger screen has much bigger visual impact. For an average user who isn't picky, 8in isn't bad at all.
on May 28, 2013
It may be small but photos display extremely clear. Not intuitively easy to setup though. Prefers landscape photos over portraits, because of the screen orientation. Portraits are fit to the screen so you have empty space on both sides of the photos.
on March 8, 2015
Grainy pictures. Distorted display on non standard size photos. Sent it back. The only great frame that I found was the Sony Picture Frame. Unfortunately Sony stopped selling it. They had the best of breed for Digital Picture frames and then stopped selling them. No wonder the company is in trouble.
on January 2, 2014
Difficult interface to use. Sound files do not play. Great picture quality and easy to load pics and set up.
on November 25, 2014
Great product!
on February 8, 2014
i received the product yesterday. took it out of the box and just started playing with it. put the sd card right out of the camera in it and it worked, except for two photos. setup and working with the menus is a little confusing, but a quick study of the instructions cleared things right up. given the chance I would buy again.
on December 18, 2012
I love this frame way too much! I have bought several digital photo frames before and this is by far the best. The display and picture quality is flawless, I really like the color and the feel of it (does not feel cheap), easy to set up, the light sensor is really handy, and the background music option is definitely worth the extra money. I cannot think of anything that I would improve about it; it is the perfect product. The step down of this model is the VFD820-70, which I have gifted before, but this one looks a lot better, has a better feel, and is just an overall much better value. If you are unsure about buying this, do not hesitate. You will not regret it!
on February 18, 2014
tried 2 replacements and the screen freezes the next night ,when i turn ON the light.
then need to unplug the frame and it works again.

i hv 15 inch view sonic which works like a gem for years now. this one built was so good ,but it keeps freezing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.