Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 335 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 362 reviews
on August 16, 2015
After a long rearch for a budget projector i decided to go with this one instead of benq 1070 as this was on sale on amazon for 520. After using it for a month, i can say that i am very happy with my decision.. just cant find any flaw at all. The picture is bright and colors are fantastic though i am projecting directly on the wall (dont see any need for a screen). I have not seen any rainbow effect at all. It is very compact and easy to use. I have plugged it to Onkyo 7.1 receiver via hdmi and using hdmi splitter to run TV in parallel. I am able to play chromecast, firestick, blueray via receiver without any issues. This is plug and play so setup was quick and easy. We've been watching movies almost every night (using Kodi on firestick) and with my definitive tech speakers it just feels like being in a theater and even better. Check the photos for picture clarity.
44 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2015
Amazing projector. I purchased this almost 2 years ago. It has been used on a daily basis as the primary display of my home theater. I have my gaming pc, 360, and cable hooked up to it. This has been an overwhelmingly positive purchase. The elite screen that I use with it also makes a huge difference. As of today the original bulb is going on 6500 hours. Nothing beats playing fps games in life-size... yet.
review image
on March 1, 2016
This projector is just OK. It is good for a very dark room, basically pitch black or watching at night, but if there is any ambient light at all, it's very noticeable. Even a single 60w equivalent bulb 20 feet away completely ruins the picture. Only buy this if you will be able to use it in a pitch black room all the time.
on October 4, 2014
This projector is absolutely amazing. Replaced a viewsonic projector that was close to 10 years old. I use this as my TV 10 and a 1/2 foot screen. You can see the picture clearly in daylight and I run eco mode so it's 30% dimmer but it's hardly noticeable. This projector is mounted on a 9 foot ceiling and at that hight is incredibly quiet, can't hear it run over the sound of what ever is on. I have a screen painted in the wall with a flat paint matching the light paint color of my wall. The color and picture quality every bit as good in not better than the newest LCD HD TV's. All I can say ITS AMAZING!!!! At this price even if I had to buy a new bulb every year (and we'll see how that goes) I'll never buy another TV again. Incredible value for the price. Make sure you register your product through veiwsconic online when you get it so you get the one year free replacement and bulb warranty along with the three year repair warranty converge. If you but it, you won't regret it.
on February 12, 2016
I use this projector for my home theater and let me tell you the quality is amazing! I have had many people shocked that a projector can be seen so clearly with all the lights on with so much detail. I did take about 20 minutes adjusting the picture quality to fit my needs and it was very easy. i would strongly recommend this projector to anyone looking at a home theater. I have had friends and family come over and they were so impressed they ordered one. I have had to replace the bulb once in this projector at about 2800 hours and the projector is still working amazing. I have used this on a wall and was shocked how good it looked. i decided to order a 100" screen and it looked like a giant tv on the wall. I have upgraded to a 120" screen that i use to play movies, play games on xbox one and i also hook up my computer. This projector has great 3d playback as well but most of the time i don't want to wear the glasses so i use it in 2d. This projector is very very good quality and has many good features to be able to get the size of screen you need with a very crisp picture. When i upgraded to the 120" screen from the 100" i thought i would need to move the projector mount but i was easily able to use the adjustable lens zoom to make the picture bigger and then make it just as crisp as it was before! i am very very impressed with this projector and recommend it to all my family and friends who do a home theater. Do not let the cheap price discourage you from buying this as i have set up 3 of these and had the same amazing experience every single time. For my hdmi cables i always pair these with media bridge cables 15-25 feet and it is a steal of a deal!
on March 8, 2014
Good projector. Brightness and clarity are awesome. but light leaks in couple of places and after a while this leak is annoying. I should have paid attention to other reviews about these light leaks
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
This is simply the best 3D/1080p/DLP projector out there, and perfect for those who want to get their first projector for home theater. You can get up to a 300" screen for a small fraction of the cost of LED or Plasma TVs.

Pros:
- Crisp 1080p picture at any size (mine is 105" and the picture is razor sharp, you have to be 5" away from the screen to see pixels)
- Mind-blowing 3D! (90-95% the same as a theater)
- Long Bulb Life (up to 6000 hours in ECO mode)
- Plenty Bright even in ECO mode
- SUPERB black levels, much better than I expected and certainly acceptable by anyone's standards
- Flexible color settings
- Vivid Picture once it's calibrated
- Rainbows absolutely disappear in 3D
- PRICE! This blows away 5 year old $10k projectors, it's really that good of a bargain!
- Warranty, 3 years and you are covered
- Lightweight and easy to mount
- No dust problems due to filter-less design so far

Cons:
- Limited short-throw lens zoom makes placement less flexible
- Rainbows in some scenes (white text on black background), I am sensitive but I have adjusted and almost never notice them now
- A little noisier than I wanted, but not bad, only quiet scenes you can notice it if you pay attention
- Needs firmware update, my calibration settings keep getting erased after 2 weeks or so for some reason

I used Psythik's settings with great results, but since my settings seem to easily disappear, these are the quick settings I use:
- Dynamic Movie Mode
- Brightness at 50-52
- Brilliant Color ON
- Eco Mode (depends on your ambient light, but in my basement Eco mode is plenty bright)

It makes a good color-popping image with white whites and black blacks. This way, the colors are a little saturated and warm like most demo-modes on TVs are used at big-box stores to wow potential buyers. I like the slightly over-saturated look for games and whatnot, but it's not technically 100% color accurate. It's like a Samsung Galaxy SIII or IV AMOLED screen this way. It works great for my setup, but since every machine is different, you have to calibrate it to your own tastes.
on January 18, 2014
This Viewsonic projector offers a crisp, bright picture. We are very happy with it in our great room. We have it placed on a shelf 16 feet from the wall we project onto, and the picture is huge (approx. 12 ft. wide, 170" diagonal!) at its smallest possible size. It's what we wanted, but make sure you have the room for it. It is NOT very adjustable. You can estimate the screen size using the calculator on ProjectorCentral.com.

The 3000 lumens give us a great picture even with some ambient light, and the 3D really pops!

The housing on this unit feels very cheaply made, so this is not a projector that I would purchase to take from place to place very often. However, it has an amazingly good warranty for a product like this, so I also wouldn't shy away from it. Check the Viewsonic website for special offers as well. We discovered that we can get two free pairs of 3D glasses because we purchased within their special offer window. (They are also offering a screen system, but we don't need that.)

Overall, we'd say this is a great deal for anyone who wants to turn their living room into a movie theater.
on February 9, 2016
If you are on the fence if this is a top quality projector for home theaters because of the price, just believe me when I say that you are getting a steal. I have watched several hours of movies, tv, and video games on this and am very pleased. Using the default settings for brightness picture etc.. and feel no need to change anything. Thanks to the lumens this projector is very bright and can easily be viewed in day light. I have mine in my basement but have several lights on and can view the image virtually flawlessly. Would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a theater experience or even those who are TV shopping. The quality is as good if not better than my 1080p 47" LG tv.
on October 9, 2014
120Hz: Yes it can do 120Hz, but it is limited to 720p. You will NOT be able to do 1080p@120Hz

3D-Ready: Can do 1080p@24Hz or 720p@60/50Hz. For me the 1080p@24 causes overscan of the signal (which is a bummer). This happens with my HDMI source being an HTPC w/ Nividia gfx card. I am curious to know if this is an issue with the projector, or my rig. I can get it to do "frame packing 3D" while playing in 1080p, but you'll need to be in 720p@120Hz in order to take advantage of "frame sequential 3D" and use a video player such as stereoscopic player.

How to View 3D content
Best option: Straight from the Blu-ray with an HTPC (enable nividia/amd 3D resolutions 1080p@24Hz) or 3D player. You will get slight overscan on the sides and top (strangely not the bottom), but it has the least amount of scaling applied (once by the projector), and in my opinion gives the best picture quality. Kinda sucks for movies that are not in a 16:9 aspect ratio, as you get a really big black bar on the bottom, and a smaller one on top.

3D MVC file:
Using a program such as makeMKV, you can rip your 3D Blu-ray into a digital file. As far as I know the only way to play these types of files is to use Stereoscopic player. Once you have the file, you have two options for playback.
1) Set your resolution to 720p@120Hz and select "Frame Sequential 3D" on your projector. Then in stereoscopic player set stereoscopic mode to "software pageflipping". No overscan here, but picture is not as sharp, since your computer is downscaling each 1080p frame to 720p before sending it to the projector, which is then upscalling it back to 1080p.

2) Set your Resolution to 1080p@60Hz and set your stereoscopic mode in Stereoscopic player to either "side by side" or "top down" (do the same for your projector). This is the least ideal situation, as your computer is cutting the resolution of each frame in half, sending them to the projector, which is then stretching them back to their full resolution. On top of that, 60Hz is not a multiple of the movies framerate (~24Hz) so a pulldown will be applied.

UPDATE: apparently the overscan is an issue for anyone running this projector through a HTPC, still not sure about dedicated 3D blu-ray players, but my guess is yes since they also use framepacking.

Will add more...