Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.29 shipping
ViewSonic PLED-W500 80-Inch 720p Front Projector (Black)
|Price:||$339.61 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra Portable LED Projector, WXGA 1280x800 / 720p Resolution, 500 ANSI Lumens, 3500:1 Contrast
- LED Light Source over 20,000 hours, Low power consumption < 120 watts, Multiple inputs: HDMI, VGA, SD, USB, composite, S-video, audio
- Internal memory 1GB for file storage, PC-Less Presentation for MS Office, PDF, video, photo, USB Display, Ultra portable < 3 lbs
- Compact size 8.4"x1.6"x6.4" (WHD), Integrated speakers 2 watts, Throw ratio 1.4:1, Support HD 1080p/i & 720p
- 120Hz / 3D-Ready Powered by DLP, Auto vertical keystone correction +/- 40°, Apple Mac compatible, Remote control with batteries
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: ViewSonic PLED-W500 80-Inch 720p Front Projector (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Made PC||Gizpromo||Projector Professionals||Visual Apex|
|Image Contrast Ratio||6000:1||10000:1||15000:1||15000:1|
|Brightness||500 lumens||3000 lumens||3000 lumens||2000 lumens|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
- LONG LED life (rated for minimum 20K hrs)
- Very good contrast
- Bright Picture at 82 inches
- Excellent color Saturation
- 120% NTSC color Gamut
- No Rainbow Effect (Typical with DLP projectors that use a color-wheel)
- 3D at 1280x720, 120Hz via the Viewsonic VP3D1 processor
- Automatic Keystone Correction
- Very portable
- No Optical zoom (not a big deal for my set-up)
- Default video settings need tweaking for optimal movie watching
8-3-2012 Edit: As other owners have mentioned - occasionally the unit will not power down with the remote or the hard button. I have to do a factory reset to resolve this. Which means I have to redo my custom settings. This is a pain, and happens every 2-3 weeks. I took 1 star off for that reason. I have not called customer support yet - but I have to agree with other reviewers - they are CLUELESS: I called before regarding another issue, and it was the most frustrating phone call I ever made!
Movies have a very cinematic look to them (thanks to the DLP technology). Whether the source is Blu-ray or Cable HDTV, the colors are well saturated and brilliant. The picture is bright enough in well controlled lighting. The picture is watchable in a dimly lit room, but for best results - all lights should be off.
Have not played extensively on my PS3, but the performance was very good for the time I played. The video was smooth and detailed.Read more ›
I didn't expect much from Viewsonic PLED-W500, because it supposed to have lower lumens than one that I work with at church (2000 Lumens costing 3x of this Viewsonic one).
I purchased mine from other website when it was on sale (under $470), free shipping, and 6 months interest free financing.
I received the unit within a week.
This is my impression/findings.
It came well packaged: Viewsonic did very well on packaging.
The box contained
2. carrying bag
3. Bag strap
4. Power cord(typical power cord that you would use for desktop computer and monitor)
5. Remote controller with 2 AAA batteries
6. CD Rom with manual in PDF (no paper book manual)
7. One page quick start guide
8. VGA cable for computer connection
The projector has
1. small lens that does not have any zoom function but has focus ring
2. control buttons are at the top, but mostly likely not being used because of remote controller
3. Input for SD card, USB, HDMI, VGA (computer), AV in (like Sony Hi8 cable), RCA composite, SVideo, and mini-USB.
4. Projector is small and little bigger than my palm.
5. Very light weight.
6. mounting holes on the bottom, including center tripod mount.
Plugged in power and turn on the projector. The power-on process didn't even required bulb warm up and came up within a few seconds or so.
The screen was very bright, even on plain white dry wall.Read more ›
The only problem I have with this projector is its HDMI connection, when I hooked it up to a media player, Argosy h355t, I received the "Out of Display range" message. I have to use either the RGB connection or other connections to change its resolution to anything other than 720@60hz to get it to work with HDMI. Once I got it to work on HDMI, I can change back to 720@60hz. That only happens when I tried to select "HDMI" source. When I turned it off, I have to repeat the process, I've tried 3 different HDMI cables with no luck. I never had this problem with other projectors or TV when hooked up to the Argosy player at 720 resolution. Anyone who is tech savvy would like to point me to the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. I am on hold with a Viewsonic tech support right now, hope it's just some minor setting and not a faulty unit. Updated: their tech support is worse than Dell..err...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Clear and crisp image. Easy to handle in a right size to carry along with you. Works like charm and it fits to all my needs.Published 20 months ago by Everton dos Santos
For the price this is a good projector. After a few long uses i got what would appear to be some dead pixel floaters on the projection. Read morePublished 20 months ago by J. Hethcoat
I bought it for displaying slides at a tradeshow. It is very small and light and that works quite well for travel. In use, it was bright enough and projected a good picture. Read morePublished on January 16, 2013 by J. R. Miller
shipment was in time. But i had a small problem with the remote control. I figured a hardware part was broken. Read morePublished on January 1, 2013 by Chaitu
I am really very very happy with my projector, best for gaming and for watching movies. No issues. It says its 500 ANSI Lumens, I am pretty sure its more than that.Published on December 12, 2012 by Vikram
I mounted this small projector on a ceiling and I'm getting a 100 inch image. The performance is very good and maybe a little bit noisy the fan. Read morePublished on November 13, 2012 by Juan Z
I think it is too noisy. If I knew it, I had not bought it. I couldn't return it because of being outside of usa now.Published on May 5, 2012 by Yasar
I needed sometime before I can really give a performance rating on this product. It's working great but after a month i have a power off problem. Read morePublished on April 14, 2012 by Jach
I started with an optoma 50 lumen pico projector, but the poor resolution and dim colors forced me to return it and get this one instead. Read morePublished on February 27, 2012 by henry