+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- New second playable character Now gamers can select Joe's girlfriend
- six variations to the six machine now joe's trusty aircraft transforms into various shapes to support his activities throughout various stages; new replay vfx power
- Replay a punch for three times the damage
- More diverse stages to explore - Viewtiful Joe 2 takes players through awe-inspiring detailed environments including a jungle, underground ruins, ancient Japan, snowy mountains and outer space.
- Six variations to the Six Machine - Now Joes trusty aircraft transforms into various shapes to support his activities throughout various stages such as a racer, cannon, drill or submarine.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is a great game, and there are a few things that really make this game stand out:
1. The layered mix of 2D and 3D graphics give the game a very cool \"live comic book\" feel.
2. Side scrolling game set up is Super Mario-esque... it\'s simplistic, but very effective, and most importantly, fun. So many of the games out now have infinite 3D environments that allow you to run in every direction. While that is great, sometimes you want a game that is more concentrated on action...
Versus exploring every corner of the universe for 2 hours before you can move on to the next level. Simply put, Viewtiful Joe is all about the action.
3. Game control is truly put in the player\'s hands. You can slow down time and dodge bullets in a way that will make Neo jealous. While time is slow, you can really kick the crap out of the bad guys... the graphics are crazy to say the least. Besides slowing down time, you can also out maneuver it with Mach Speed. This allows you to act like Sonic the hedgehog on Steroids. You can increase your mach speed ability so that when you use it to attack enemies, you can move so fast that you attack them from all sides at the same time (in essence, there can be six of you at the same time kicking butt!) From moving so fast through the fabric of time, you catch fire, and your attacks become even more powerful. If all this isn\'t good enough, you are also given the ability to \"zoom-in\". Basically, the camera angle zooms in tight on Joe and all of his attacks and moves become SUPER, super hero-ish... his punches and kicks become more powerful and more poetic (you\'ll see). You can combine Zoom with Slow down, or Mach speed for some really nasty moves and damage capability.
This is truly old school gaming philosophy with an infusion of today\'s technology. Something i\'ve been waiting a long time for.
This time around, you get to play as Joe and/or his girlfriend Sylvia. You will see a lot of old bosses as well as some new ones. There's a lot more vehicles you can use this time around, and all are just a pure joy to use. Then there's Sylvia. I ended up liking her more than old Joe. She has her own powers and most importantly a gun. This gives her great distance attacks, something about that just feels so right in this game.
You may have skipped this one because you heard it was just more of the same. And it definitely is that. But it's bigger, more fun, and generally even better crafted than the first. Just like the first, story is engaging but doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's it's charm. The gameplay is more varied thanks to Sylvia and all those new vehicles. It's a longer and better game. And keep in mind that the first game was pretty much perfect and you get how high praise that is.
Bottom line, this is one of the best games you will ever play if you give it a chance.Read more ›
Story: I would rank Viewtiful Joe 2's story the same as the first one. Like the first one, Viewtiful Joe 2 is supposed to be like a B-rated movie and has a plot that doesn't take itself seriously. The game takes place right where the first one did end. Captain Blue is Sylvia's father. Sylvia gets her own V-watch and they learn some terrible news. The world will be threatened by evil 2 more times. Right after saying this they see that another group of aliens is invading Movieland. While the V-Duo head of to Movieland Captain Blue get's captured and is turned into a... Oscar? In Movieland Joe and Sylvia learn that this group ain't the Jadow but the Gedow, another group of aliens who want world domination. Leading them is a mysterious being who refers to himself as the Black Emperor. They used Blue's powers of happy endings to turn him into a Rainbow Oscar. These 7 Oscar's control the power of happy endings. If they were put in evil's hands happy endings would never come and the Gedow would be free to conquer the worls. After being transported into the movie Jurrasic Park, Joe and Sylvia must go across Movieworld and find the Oscar's. The plot itself doesn't really develop until later in the game.
Gameplay: You'll go through 7 reels which are the same as episodes in Viewtiful Joe. In each one you'll go through a level. 7 levels may seem short but each one is very large and filled with complicated puzzle's and Sub-Bosses. The level's aren't as hard as the first one but the puzzle's are longer.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a fun sequel to the first one. You are able to switch between Joe and Sylvia to fight enemies in unique and solve certain puzzles. Read morePublished on June 20, 2013 by Philip Wilson
fun game, lots of action and skill required. Will come back to this game ove and over again. Try it.Published on March 12, 2013 by hudsonpup
This game is hard, really hard in fact. But the combat is rewarding, the story is fun, and the graphics hold up very well for an older game. Read morePublished on February 18, 2013 by beastwarking
One of my favorite games I bought a gamecube just to play this game, the ability to switch inbetween joe and sylvia to attack and defend was geniusPublished on December 27, 2012 by Amazon Customer
In Viewtiful Joe 2, you get to play either Joe or Sylvia as you take on various enemies in a side-scrolling movie screen. Fast forward or slow down time to solve the puzzles! Read morePublished on September 26, 2009 by Lisa Shea
The first game was entirely new and fresh. This one on the other hand, is nowhere near new and fresh. Read morePublished on June 15, 2007 by Donald Zepeda
If you love Viewtiful Joe, then you must get this. It is definitely something a fan must have, but it is also easier than the original game, which some could consider a good thing. Read morePublished on February 3, 2007 by GameraRocks
I'd heard good things about the Viewtiful Joe series, and as it turned out I ended up buying the sequel before playing the original. Read morePublished on September 3, 2005 by Simon